PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Stone Is An Oiler

Section Ten
01-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Just saw that Ryan Stone was part of the Garon-Sabourin trade from Pittsburgh. It was clear that he wasn't going to have much success with the Penguins--even with their record as of late, it would be hard to crack that lineup.

Much like my Glennie/Schenn comments, I always felt that Stone was every bit as good as Eric Fehr back in 2005. Hopefully he'll get a better look with the big club after putting up some decent numbers in Wilkes-Barre.

I wonder what it might take to get Fehr out of Washington...

Now *that* would be fun to watch again!

Brandonite
01-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Just saw that Ryan Stone was part of the Garon-Sabourin trade from Pittsburgh. It was clear that he wasn't going to have much success with the Penguins--even with their record as of late, it would be hard to crack that lineup.

Much like my Glennie/Schenn comments, I always felt that Stone was every bit as good as Eric Fehr back in 2005. Hopefully he'll get a better look with the big club after putting up some decent numbers in Wilkes-Barre.

I wonder what it might take to get Fehr out of Washington...

Now *that* would be fun to watch again!

Yeah I agree, I've always said that Stone needed to get out of Pittsburgh. After 3 years, it was clear he wasn't going to get a chance that alot of people feel he deserved. Its great that hes going back home to Alberta althogh I know growing up he was always a big Flames fan being from Calgary but im sure that will all change! But that would be pretty crazy if edmonton got eric fehr as well now. Fehr is another guy who needs to get out of washington, it might be the best thing for him a new look and what better than to a team with a guy you had the most success playing along side. If anything it would really help Springfield (AHL). Best of luck to Ryan Stone, I gotta put him ahead of Robb Schremp on the depth chart and behind Brule.

Vik
01-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Finally I get to cheer for an ex-Wheat King. Every other team in the division has had a recent Wheatie (Aulie in Calgary, Burki in Colorado, Harding in Minnesota, Simek in Vancouver (now with Tampa)) and finally the Oilers join the party and get my favorite of the bunch. At this point, he probably won't be much more than a 4th liner at the NHL level but that's good enough for me.