PDA

View Full Version : Heading Back to Cowtown

ScottyWazz
04-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Well, the Wheaties did what they needed to do. They came out with spirit, tenacity, and just wanted the game more. The first 15 minutes really told the tale of the whole game.

The Hitmen didn't do too bad, but could have shown up for more of the first period than they did. They need to shot more on the PP and get it out harder on the PK.

I've noticed Justin Pogge has a Roman Cechmanek complex when it comes to playing in the net. He comes out at the most incovenient times and makes it scary and exciting all at the same time.

Should be a fun game on Monday because the Hitmen need to come out with more intensity than they did in the first tonight.

Flathead
04-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Both teams are playing some very entertaining hockey, it's been great to watch, glad Shaw is following it. I'm still hoping for the Wheaties, but not sure if they can do it. It's almost like the Hitmen want it more, they seem to beat the Wheaties to the puck, create more chances, get more shots and NEVER quit. Good luck to both teams.

Hitmen1
04-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I really like the way the Hitmen are playing except for how they are coming out of the gate. The Wheaties seem to come out strong at least for the past few games. I thought the puck didn't bounce our way tonight, the were numerous plays in tight to the Wheaties net where the puck just bounced away or skipped off to the wrong side. I look forward to Mondays game and I think the Hitmen need to finish the Wheaties off on Monday because it would be very difficult to win in Brandon. GO HITMEN!

RunTheGoalie
04-16-2005, 01:27 PM
The Hitmen just didnt come out with the needed intensity last night. They knew Brandon would come out strong with their backs against the wall, and they didnt compensate.

As it is, the Hitmen very nearly got that game into overtime.

Game 6 will feature a much stronger Hitmen team from the drop of the puck, I would think. How will the Wheat Kings react? Do they have another gear?

The_Vulk
04-16-2005, 03:39 PM
As much as I would have liked our boyz to have finished off the series last night, doing it Monday at home in the Dome, will be the next best thing.

(That, and having MH/PA going the full seven!) :groovy:

Tinner
04-17-2005, 05:11 PM
i certainly agree as you never want to let a team regain lost momentum.

Mileflames
04-17-2005, 10:28 PM
They boys need to win Monday. Now that PA has finished off the HAT.

DoubleDee
04-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Here in Kelowna everyone kept asking me what happened to my Hitmen on Friday night. My response - "They want to win at home with over 15,000 fans watching in the dome!"

Wish I was there live but will be glued to the TV!

GO HITMEN GO - YEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO