PDA

View Full Version : Game 49-Bruins 5 at Hitmen 4

Hitmen1
01-18-2009, 01:42 PM
The Hitmen are looking to run their home winning streak to 19 games tonight. Hopefully the boys are ready to play as there could be a big let down after facing the Giants on Friday. I suspect we might see Michael Snider in goal tonight. The game is online only, if it is working.

Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

rednex50
01-18-2009, 05:30 PM
After he way the B's played in Red Deer and Edmonton...this game could be quite painful...

hitmanfan
01-18-2009, 07:09 PM
The Hitmen are looking to run their home winning streak to 19 games tonight. Hopefully the boys are ready to play as there could be a big let down after facing the Giants on Friday. I suspect we might see Michael Snider in goal tonight. The game is online only, if it is working.

Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

The online has been not working more than it has lately, it seems.

Hitmen1
01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Unreal, just unreal. The Bruins knocked the Giants earlier this year and have now knocked off the Hitmen. More after the Flames game.

Bocephus
01-18-2009, 08:29 PM
2 losses this week. No worries. The CHL will still have their golden franchise ranked first.

Hitmen1
01-18-2009, 09:29 PM
2 losses this week. No worries. The CHL will still have their golden franchise ranked first.

Just curious on why you would bring this up? I don't think anyone really cares about the rankings.

hitmanfan
01-18-2009, 09:32 PM
MAybe we'll slide to second behind Lethbridge! :turkey:

Bocephus
01-18-2009, 10:29 PM
MAybe we'll slide to second behind Lethbridge! :turkey:
Naw, You're thinking of last year when we knocked you out and went to the finals.
This year we are pretenders. :turkey:

hitmanfan
01-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Naw, You're thinking of last year when we knocked you out and went to the finals.
This year we are pretenders. :turkey:
or the three years before that we knocked you out. That must have been the one I was thinking of. Sorry, my bad

Bocephus
01-18-2009, 10:48 PM
or the three years before that we knocked you out. That must have been the one I was thinking of. Sorry, my bad
Did you go to the finals those years? Sometimes I can't remember my history that well. vc1tt

Bocephus
01-18-2009, 10:51 PM
vc124 Actually, that would have been first round sice we didn't win a series in a hundred years.

patsdude114
01-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Back to what this thread is suppose to be about..... i for 1 didnt see the game nor listened to it nor attempted to watch it on the net.... but just looking at the stats in the summary i must say that Gore (CWK goalie) must of stole the show.... facing 51 shots in the game, 26 in the 3rd period alone (more then CWK 25 shots for the game) Gore was definately the difference in this game.

Makes me wonder why he was not named a star at least 3rd star... i mean ya he allowed 4 goals in this game but by the sounds of it was the only reason CWK had a chance to win this hockey game.

Really makes me wonder about some media types that pick the stars, happens here in Regina all the time as well. Sometimes it makes me wonder if these media guys even have a sniff about the game itself and who makes the difference on the ice... im thinking facing 51 shots (26 in 3rd alone) that Gore was DEFINATELY the difference in this hockey game....

Really makes you wonder though after the Hitmen beat the Giants how they could go out and loose to a team like CWK, but i guess thats what happens when you run into a hot goalie (even if it is only 1 game lol)

rednex50
01-19-2009, 12:15 AM
After 2 weak games...I think the coaching staff did some talking to the team before the game....and the effort ended up being 1000X better than the previous 2 game combined

Hitmen1
01-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Based on what I saw and heard from the web. The Hitmen simply didn't play very well the first 2 periods. Full marks to the Bruins who really played a good game. In the third, the Bruins took a big lead and then the Hitmen really stepped up their game. I don't doubt for a second that if the Hitmen had pushed earlier on in the game that they would have won but that is why it is a 60 minute game. And it finally caught up to the Hitmen. There have been several games this season, especially the last few weeks where the boys just don't start very well but seem to be able to push a switch and turn it on, when they do, they are very tough to beat. Again, full marks to the Bruins for the win. I think this will be a good result for the Hitmen in the long run because it will allow Lowry and the staff to reinforce the hard work that has made this team successful.

I will also add that the Hitmen special teams let them down today for probably the first time this season. The #1 penalty kill was torched for 3 goals, the Bruins moved a player high in the slot sort of right in the middle of the Hitmen box, they connected twice to the high player on the power play.

localguy
01-19-2009, 09:23 AM
When the visiting goalie makes 47 saves in someone else's barn, it's not likely the home team will pull out a win. I would think that giving him the credit, not saying your team had a bad game, or special teams were weak, is the appropriate thing to do.

Hitmen1
01-19-2009, 09:44 AM
I do give the Bruins full credit, they played good enough to win. Gore didn't have to make many big saves. Lots of shots from the outside with no traffic in front.

bruiserfan
01-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Back to what this thread is suppose to be about..... i for 1 didnt see the game nor listened to it nor attempted to watch it on the net.... but just looking at the stats in the summary i must say that Gore (CWK goalie) must of stole the show.... facing 51 shots in the game, 26 in the 3rd period alone (more then CWK 25 shots for the game) Gore was definately the difference in this game.

Makes me wonder why he was not named a star at least 3rd star... i mean ya he allowed 4 goals in this game but by the sounds of it was the only reason CWK had a chance to win this hockey game.

Really makes me wonder about some media types that pick the stars, happens here in Regina all the time as well. Sometimes it makes me wonder if these media guys even have a sniff about the game itself and who makes the difference on the ice... im thinking facing 51 shots (26 in 3rd alone) that Gore was DEFINATELY the difference in this hockey game....

Really makes you wonder though after the Hitmen beat the Giants how they could go out and loose to a team like CWK, but i guess thats what happens when you run into a hot goalie (even if it is only 1 game lol)

If there is anything the Bruins have gotten good at this year it's learning how to face an ass-load of shots! Apparently Gore played great but when they're outshot 2 to 1 every game, steller goaltending has just been the norm. It the one spot we've got taken care of!