PDA

View Full Version : WOW...WOW...WOW

Broncs in RD
01-20-2009, 09:56 PM
What a good first period...kinda, then all hell breaks loose. How do you give up a 4-1 lead and lose 5-4.......ask Dean. It looks more and more like another change needs to be made, the trade deadline has passed and there is only 1 change left to do to make these guys play a FULL 60 minutes. Habs, Habs, Habs....I don't mean the Canadians either!!!! What a joke.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
It could just be those pesky Wheat Kings because the Blades have had good leads while playing them and have lost.

Goonarsk
01-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Tonight was much the same as last year when the Broncos would try to use a "defensive shell" to protect a lead. Anyone else remember those games? And how many heart stopping moments would occur? This team plays best when they're on constant high speed forecheck. Play defense by keeping the puck in the other teams zone; while the Broncos show glimpses of defensive ability, they just aren't consistent enough.

sbtatter
01-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Kelly Mac said after there is no way we should be 5 and 0 vs you guys, there isn't any difference between our 2 teams, especially now that you strengthened at the deadline.
He thought the 1st ten minutes you killed us, we evened it up in the next 10, we shaded the 2nd, you shaded the start of the 3rd then we were better at the end.....
He thought Schenn's line were bad in the 1st, he challenged them to be better in the 2nd and 3rd, and he thought they were much more determined...

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
01-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Nothing more frustrating than seeing your team piss away a three goal lead by giving up four straight goals. I'm really getting tired of losing to Brandon this season.

No excuses, Yonkman should have had that third one, Rogers needs to quit following Molle's (who was a scratch tonight) lead by turning over pucks at awful times and taking lazy penalties, and Brown's line just looked lacking out there. The game winner was scored in a very scrambled up Broncos end and you could see it coming with everyone out of position.

The question, will the team come back and answer the bell against Saskatoon on Friday? Let's wait and see...

ointhecreek
01-20-2009, 10:47 PM
What a good first period...kinda, then all hell breaks loose. How do you give up a 4-1 lead and lose 5-4.......ask Dean. It looks more and more like another change needs to be made, the trade deadline has passed and there is only 1 change left to do to make these guys play a FULL 60 minutes. Habs, Habs, Habs....I don't mean the Canadians either!!!! What a joke.
Not gonna happen this time of year. You don't change coaches this late, especially here. Get use to it.

Flathead
01-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Kelly Mac said after there is no way we should be 5 and 0 vs you guys, there isn't any difference between our 2 teams, especially now that you strengthened at the deadline.
He thought the 1st ten minutes you killed us, we evened it up in the next 10, we shaded the 2nd, you shaded the start of the 3rd then we were better at the end.....
He thought Schenn's line were bad in the 1st, he challenged them to be better in the 2nd and 3rd, and he thought they were much more determined...
Oh, there's a difference and he stands behind the bench.
Kelly Mac made adjustments after the first and our guy did nothing.
We score or they score and out comes Brown, Hoban, and Darragh, this line has a purpose but I never thought it to be a line to keep the momentem going or to stop the other teams. Anyways it never worked as you can tell by the combined -7 for the line. Out coached again!

dagley
01-21-2009, 12:08 AM
You cant deny we're pretty good though :D

stick boy
01-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Oh yes you can change coaches this late and oh yes we should. What do we have to lose? This team needs a good kick in the pants and we can't change players so that only leaves one person to take the fall. Financially it costs less to make a change at this point rather than earlier so what the hell is the board waiting for. Perhaps when Saskatoon hammers us the axe will fall.

we have lost four of five and seven of 10, this is what we mortgaged the future for? Show me one sign that this team is going in the right direction?

Grab a life jacket cause the ship is sinking boys!

bronco rep
01-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Ungly, ungly. Simple OUT coached. I am not a Kelly Mac fan, but i sit right behind the vis bench & this guy is talking & pumping his guys up steady. It was a really treat to watch this guy raise his team to another level & great coaches do that. Does anybody watch Deano? Its sad. Ok someone mentioned it was to late to make a coaching change, well if we don't make the playoffs how much money do we lose. Its time.

booboo
01-21-2009, 07:52 AM
What is ungly??? Maybe you should be a Kelly Mac fan--check out his record over the last 15 years. clrkthj

Section Eight
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Ungly, ungly. Simple OUT coached. I am not a Kelly Mac fan, but i sit right behind the vis bench & this guy is talking & pumping his guys up steady. It was a really treat to watch this guy raise his team to another level & great coaches do that. Does anybody watch Deano? Its sad. Ok someone mentioned it was to late to make a coaching change, well if we don't make the playoffs how much money do we lose. Its time.

I don't watch the Bronco's enough to comment on your coach but there's no way they'll miss the playoffs. They're just better than the non-playoff teams in the Eastern Division and if you don't win your division there's not a big advantage to finishing in the 3rd vs. 7th slot.

I don't think anybody wants to finish 8th and play the Hitmen as an opening act but make a top 7 spot, get hot, get good goaltending, stay healthy, and I think the Eastern Conference will be hotly contested by virtually every playoff team, including SC.

ointhecreek
01-21-2009, 12:33 PM
I find it hard to believe that people actually think you can just fire a coach this time of year and start a whole new system and expect a team to learn everything all over again in a short period of time. That is if you get the coach they want. Do people even know if Habby wants the job, AND at what cost? If he wants what he did with every other job he applied for, part ownership, then we all know that's impossible with a community owned team. I'm all for having him here but not at all cost or throwing everything away. If all rumors are true, and they are just rumors, then Dean will be gone at the end of the season. If the players really want to win they will put a little more effort and heart into their play which only a few players are doing right now. Brandon is a tough team to play against with a lot of talent with a full defense, let alone with out 2 experienced d-men. Time to calm down. Broncos have a tough schedule ahead and it's time they buckled down. vc178

wango tango
01-21-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't watch the Bronco's enough to comment on your coach but there's no way they'll miss the playoffs. They're just better than the non-playoff teams in the Eastern Division and if you don't win your division there's not a big advantage to finishing in the 3rd vs. 7th slot.

I don't think anybody wants to finish 8th and play the Hitmen as an opening act but make a top 7 spot, get hot, get good goaltending, stay healthy, and I think the Eastern Conference will be hotly contested by virtually every playoff team, including SC.

very true. 2nd through 7th will be very closely matched and could go any way. it'll be about will and work ethic.

ointhecreek
01-21-2009, 02:12 PM
very true. 2nd through 7th will be very closely matched and could go any way. it'll be about will and work ethic.
Which the broncos seem to be lacking right now.

patsdude114
01-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Well i cant comment on the coach of the Broncos but what i do know is Kelly Mac gets the most of his players each and every year..... Even when brandon is suppose to be in a rebuilding year Mac has a competive team year in & year out. Im not sure how many years he has been there but i know its a long time and i do not recall him ever having a bad team every team seems to be very competive and they never just go away.

He doesnt care who you are if your not going to work your going to sit, I remember him sitting Tootoo for all of the 2nd & 3rd period against us when Tootoo was 19. Not many guys who have the balls to sit there best player.

Not enough coaches like Mac, as you can see with the standings again this year the best coaches are getting the most out of there teams... Vancouver, Calgary these teams are top notch game in and game out. Due to coaching.... I also must say i do think Regina made a mistake with there coaching job this summer, i would rather see Hab behind our bench then Derkatch, but im not blaming my coach for how we were playing during our loosing streak.

If the players cant get up for a divisional game, a important game, against a team who you are trying to keep pace with, then persoanlly i would question the leadership not the coach. Each player knows his role, you gotta play for the guy beside you 1st and foremost.

Good Luck Broncos, as much as i wanna see you guys fail (being a pats fan) i know it gets frustrating as a fan watching your team struggle while playing with the lead.

Flathead
01-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Well i cant comment on the coach of the Broncos but what i do know is Kelly Mac gets the most of his players each and every year..... Even when brandon is suppose to be in a rebuilding year Mac has a competive team year in & year out. Im not sure how many years he has been there but i know its a long time and i do not recall him ever having a bad team every team seems to be very competive and they never just go away.

He doesnt care who you are if your not going to work your going to sit, I remember him sitting Tootoo for all of the 2nd & 3rd period against us when Tootoo was 19. Not many guys who have the balls to sit there best player.

Not enough coaches like Mac, as you can see with the standings again this year the best coaches are getting the most out of there teams... Vancouver, Calgary these teams are top notch game in and game out. Due to coaching.... I also must say i do think Regina made a mistake with there coaching job this summer, i would rather see Hab behind our bench then Derkatch, but im not blaming my coach for how we were playing during our loosing streak.

If the players cant get up for a divisional game, a important game, against a team who you are trying to keep pace with, then persoanlly i would question the leadership not the coach. Each player knows his role, you gotta play for the guy beside you 1st and foremost.

Good Luck Broncos, as much as i wanna see you guys fail (being a pats fan) i know it gets frustrating as a fan watching your team struggle while playing with the lead.
All that is very true especially "the best coaches are getting the most out there teams". The coach has a lot to do with the team and you can see this with the teams that never really struggle even in their rebuilding years. Here in Swift players have come and gone over the years and even quite a few this year, the only thing that remains the same is inconsistency and the coach.
"O" I know it probally would not happen that we would get a new coach at this point of the season, but could it harm the team any more? I don't think so. And it would probally bring some excitement back to the rink, every fan in the stands is getting quite tired of the same results. I know I left quite disgusted last night. I think we've blown leads in three out of our last four games. I hope the players can get it turned around, the talent is very deep on this team and with the right guidance this team could make a lot of noise in the playoffs, if we make it.

ointhecreek
01-21-2009, 09:11 PM
It's like patsdude says, it takes leadership on the ice. There doesn't seem to be a player that wants to take the reins. Part due to the fact, IMO anyway, we haven't had a full time Captain all year. I really don't like this revolving C thing Dean's got going. The other thing still is what would Habby want. I just don't see anyone else available to step in.
It's the second game in a row that I have left early disgusted. They play great for half the game and just seem to fall apart. It's not so much that I'm defending Dean, I just don't see much of an alternative without knowing what it will take to get Habby. AND at some point the players need to take a LONG look in the mirror. vc1tt

Broncs in RD
01-22-2009, 12:14 AM
"o" I agree it takes the players to play the game....the revolving C is just a show of the inconsistencies on this team, It all starts and ends with the coach, What a great coach does is get the best out of his players and change things/systems if he has to.

stick boy
01-22-2009, 01:27 PM
If the coach can't get the best out of his players in Major Junior hockey then we have a real problem.

A - he brought in almost every one of these players or has certainly had ample time to weed out any trouble makers.

B - These kids are fighting for their hockey careers every game and they know that. This should be the easiest league in the world to motivate a team. No league sends more players to the NHL. the stands are full of scouts, I mean what more motivation could it take?

Something needs to be done here, the status quo simply is not working. Time to make change for changes sake. If Habby want to keep collecting his NHL cheque then name an interim head coach (Tisdale, Kehler, Woods, McIntyre,Pavely etc - do whatever we have to shake things up) then work on Habby in the off-season.

ointhecreek
01-22-2009, 01:47 PM
If Habby want to keep collecting his NHL cheque then name an interim head coach (Tisdale, Kehler, Woods, McIntyre,Pavely etc - do whatever we have to shake things up) then work on Habby in the off-season.
You can't be serious. None of these guys are ready to coach in the dub. As muchas I like Tisdale, if he was capable he would be coaching already. Kehler isn't near ready and the rest aren't even close to WHL caliber coaching. You can't just change a coach and throw just anybody behind the bench. This isn't triple A midget.

stick boy
01-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Near as I can tell all they need is a nice suit and the ability to stand behind the bench for three periods and tell the guys when to make line changes. The when a little bit of chemistry is being developed change up the line combos. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of qualified candidates.