PDA

View Full Version : Wheaties @ Blades

dagley
01-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Huge 4 point game, going into this weekend. Saskatoon plays Swifty/Edmonton this weekend, as we play Moose Jaw and Kootenay. I think the winner of this game will have an increase chance of taking the division.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
01-21-2009, 10:45 AM
http://www.wheatkings.com/news_item.aspx?news_id=4686

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan -- The Wheat Kings take aim at the Western Hockey League's Eastern Division leading Blades Wednesday night and when the two teams hit the ice in Saskatoon, Brandon will be hoping to extend two impressive winning streaks.

Thanks to a come from behind 5-4 victory Tuesday night in Swift Current, Brandon has moved to within six points of the first place Blades, with a game in hand.

The victory, the Wheat Kings' third in a row, also gave Brandon a point in fourteen consecutive (12-0-2-0) games, improving its overall record to 29-13-3-1. The Blades meanwhile sit atop the division with a 32-11-3-1 mark and have compiled a 7-0-1-1 record during thier past nine games.

Winners of the first two games of this week's three road games, Brandon enters Wednesday's game with a four point lead on the fourth place Medicine Hat Tigers in the Eastern Conference. The Tigers kept pace with Brandon Tuesday night with a 6-5 Overtime Shootout victory over the visiting Chilliwack Bruins.

Wednesday will be the fifth meeting of the season between these two teams. Each team has won two games against one another.

In Tuesday's game in Swift Current, the Wheat Kings battled back from 3-1 and 4-2 period deficits to beat the Broncos with three unanswered third period goals by Keith Aulie, Jay Fehr and Scott Glennie, who scored the game winner with just over nine minutes remaining in regulation time.

Colby Robak and Nathan Green also scored for the Wheat Kings, who outshot Swift Current 42-33. Newly acquired Michael Stickland had a goal and an assist in a losing cause.

Veteran Andrew Clark was held off the scoresheet on Tuesday, putting the brakes to his career high 12-game point scoring streak. During that span of games, the 20-year old local product had eleven goals and 21 points.

Following Wednesday's game, Brandon returns home for a 2-game weekend twinbill beginning Friday night against the Moose Jaw Warriors. Tickets to Friday night's game as well as Saturday's game against the Kootenay Ice are on sale at the Keystone Centre box office, by calling 726-3555 or online at ticketmaster.ca.

I wish Erb was in the line-up for tonight.

Allin44
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Brandon by 4 goals

sbtatter
01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
http://www.wheatkings.com/news_item.aspx?news_id=4686

I wish Erb was in the line-up for tonight.
Well he won't be, he just drove into Brookwood!!!!

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
01-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Well he won't be, he just drove into Brookwood!!!!

I don't follow.. :confused:

wango tango
01-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Brandon by 4 goals

blades by 4.

not really, it sounds just as ridiculous though.

it's going to be a one, maybe two goal difference at most.

great tilt tonight in saskatoon.

sbtatter
01-21-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't follow.. :confused:He just pulled up to his g/f's house in a part of Brandon called Brookwood, therefore I hazard a guess he won't be playing in Saskatooon tonight.....

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
01-21-2009, 01:43 PM
He just pulled up to his g/f's house in a part of Brandon called Brookwood, therefore I hazard a guess he won't be playing in Saskatooon tonight.....

You know if Lewadniuk is alright?

wango tango
01-21-2009, 01:46 PM
You know if Lewadniuk is alright?

he was getting re-evaluated in saskatoon today. no word yet.

Brandonite
01-21-2009, 03:44 PM
He just pulled up to his g/f's house in a part of Brandon called Brookwood, therefore I hazard a guess he won't be playing in Saskatooon tonight.....

K Im not gonna lie, Im totally creeped out now! Who else is walking by your window that you can see?! HAHA ever heard of privacy??

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-21-2009, 05:38 PM
How about that? Brandonite being creeped out instead of the other way around. I guess Ive seen everything now. haha

Brandonite
01-21-2009, 06:28 PM
How about that? Brandonite being creeped out instead of the other way around. I guess Ive seen everything now. haha

lol me too!

sbtatter
01-21-2009, 10:46 PM
K Im not gonna lie, Im totally creeped out now! Who else is walking by your window that you can see?! HAHA ever heard of privacy??
Hey i didn't give out an address or plate #. I just happened to be visiting a friend and he was driving right in front of me. It's not startling news that a WK is recognised in Bdn is it?

Vik
01-22-2009, 12:09 AM
blades by 4.

not really, it sounds just as ridiculous though.

it's going to be a one, maybe two goal difference at most.

great tilt tonight in saskatoon.
Yep. Couldn't possibly be more than a one or two goal difference. Especially if it's for the Blades. Like they could ever beat the Wheat Kings by 4.

sbtatter
01-22-2009, 06:44 AM
Kelly Mac said it was a close game even when we were down 2v0, but our PP didn't score when we had 2 or 3 chances in the first. Then the floodgates started to open after the middle of the second and after that it was just river hockey b/c the guys knew they weren't going to win.
Oh well, 14 straight games with at least a point was a great run, have to bare down and make sure we beat MJ tomorrow night.