PDA

View Full Version : Roman

Chief Jeff
01-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Roman has been brilliant so far for the Chiefs. Scored in all 5 games and is +7. I like him centering with Bowman and Calla with Koper-Wahl-Johnson as the second line. Maybe the Chiefs will now stick with these lines and have Mccrae center the third line with Letts and Donaghy. This has been a different team offensively with Roman in there.

LifelongChiefsFan
01-22-2009, 02:45 AM
He's been fantastic for the Chiefs so far. I knew he was definitely on his game after watching him perform very well in the WJC, but he's still managed to surpass what I expected from him these first 5 games. I thought he may need some time to adjust back to WHL hockey, get back into the flow with new linemates etc, and he jumped in without missing a beat. It's pretty incredible, Ondrej is a gifted kid. I mentioned to a couple Chiefs fans while watching the game last night that I thought of all the playmakers out there at the trade deadline that the Chiefs got the best one...without giving anything up to get him! It's been hard to argue that point so far with his performance. With 20 goals in 5 games since the deadline, it looks like the Chiefs' offense is back on track!

HomerSimpson
01-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Not too long ago we were 11 points back of Tri without a glimmer of hope. Now, we sit only 6 back with two at hand games - if we win those we are only a win back of catching the Ams.

Obviously, Roman has been huge since his return. IMO, we completely lacked a second line before; now we have two very good lines. Koper/Johnson/Letts, as good as they were, would be more suitable as a very good third line than a marginal second line. The acquisition of Calla hasn't hurt either - although we give up a gamer in Compton, in Calla we get back a top-6 forward and another deep playoff run.