PDA

View Full Version : Rocket's Goalkeeping

Arthur Fonzerelli
01-22-2009, 11:11 AM
I am only a fan of the Rockets when they play they Giants, but I am a fan of Torrie Jung. After watching a few Rocket games since they gave Jung away and seeing him carry the load and steal games for Edmonton you really have to wonder what the Rocket brass have for goalie evaluation skills. In the past the Rockets have had great defence playing within a Marc Habscheid trapping defensive system which certainly helped make their goalkeepers look better than they were. The Giants are all about the trap and playing for the breaks and because they are so disciplined defensively they get a lot of breaks. The Giants can get by with average goalkeeping and they prove that almost every game with the fat kid in net. If Sexsmith played on a .500 team he would be less than average.
I do like Adam Brown and sincerely hope that the Rockets goalie braintrust recognze what they have and don't ship him off too.

Squig
01-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Many a Rocket fan shake their heads when it comes to goalie management. I didnt have alot of faith in Tory Jung mainly because when handed the ball he dropped it several times. At the time i thought it was the right decision. Now not so much.

Adam Brown is a very good goalie that just needs good minutes. He is being brought along slowly because the braintrust doesnt want to screw it up. He is very calm and patient - reminds me a a young Kelly Guard.

Guggenburger has had some very average games so far - maybe he just needs some time - we know it works that way with forwards why not goalies?

On the offensive side of things there was one goal last night that was 5 tape to tape passes and in the net. Very sweet goal :groovy: