PDA

View Full Version : I thought I heard...

johnnyradiant
01-22-2009, 01:52 PM
As I hopped into my car the other day I caught the tailend of a radio spot. I thought they said the G Men were going to wear their millionaire jerseys to one of the upcoming games. I didn't catch it and haven't seen mention of it yet anywhere else. Can somebody able to shed some light??

John

GF71
01-22-2009, 06:37 PM
As I hopped into my car the other day I caught the tailend of a radio spot. I thought they said the G Men were going to wear their millionaire jerseys to one of the upcoming games. I didn't catch it and haven't seen mention of it yet anywhere else. Can somebody able to shed some light??

John

They are wearing them on Saturday vs. Everett, on Feb 20 vs. Kelowna, and Mar. 6 vs. Calgary. :thumb:

dondo
01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I thought it was tonight versus the Blazers .. oops.. ;) -- are you sure its Saturday and not tonight GF71?

johnnyradiant
01-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Sat vrs Fri makes sense 'cause they are gonna recognize the Wrld Jnr's and Gallagher tonight, and it would make more sense to do that in their actual jerseys as opposed to the original V.

Thanks I'll mark the other 2 dates down and go by memory for tomorrow night.

dondo
01-23-2009, 10:51 PM
yup Johnny its Saturday :thumb:

westey300
01-27-2009, 03:28 PM
On the Giants Hockey Hour last Thursday Dale was on talking about the weekend and said the Giants would be wearing the vintage jersey. Not sure what happened

johnnyradiant
01-28-2009, 01:03 AM
It turns out it was vintage hockey underwear, which is why us fans didn't see it. 'least that's the rumor I heard. I noticed I wasn't the only guy in the stands wearing the big V, and the concourse had the Vintage sales table going Sat night.

Swando
01-29-2009, 03:35 AM
Big Mix up

westey300
01-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Then this weeks Giants Hockey Hour a caller asked and they just kinda went around the issue

Section_Z
02-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Forgot to make Jerseys for Ross and Rodgers..?
Someone should have told them that AMP has a heat press on the concourse...

westey300
02-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Just heard Dave mention between 1st and 2nd periods that the Giants will be wearing them on Dash for Cash night on Feb. 20. Lets see if this happens or not, first time this was said, so not sure. Last I heard was March 6 vs. Calgary. So lets see.

Also he talked about the 2,000,000 fan night and said they are not sure if it will be a contest or draw, lets hope a contest, something that will let the real Giants fans win, not some Joe off the street at his first game. The Season ticket holders are the ones that are the die hard fans. We pay the bills and should be able to get something back in return every now and then. Lets look at jersey off the back night, 3 people from other contries won Jersey's wow that was fair. I have been to every home game at the Coliseum since day one, seen it all, highs and lows. Lets hope they get the message.

johnnyradiant
02-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Well the three jerseys to other countries - that's to build outside interest. Just incase they want to expand and can figure out how to make bus trip viable. I'm thinking maybe they could have a couple league transport planes. The teams would drive to the airport, drive into the plane, and stay on the bus for the flight in keeping with the bus trip tradition. So we would be applauding the Giants for their forward thinking, good-will ambassadorship they have provided for the league. Now where's my jersey or even a t-shirt?