PDA

View Full Version : Dyck no longer coaching the Canes!

Bocephus
01-23-2009, 01:58 PM
For the next five games. vc1tt
Suspensions handed down.
http://www.whl.ca/Suspensions-s11114

http://canesbroadcaster.blogspot.com/
The Western Hockey League has come down with a number of suspensions resulting from Wednesday's rough final minute between the Canes' and Medicine Hat Tigers.

Hurricanes Head Coach Michael Dyck has been handed a 5 game suspension, Canes' forward Dwight King gets 5 games as well, and forward Craig Orfino 3 games. Tigers defenceman Matt McCue was given a 2 game suspension.

The Hurricanes will not be commenting on the incident itself any furthur. They say the incident has been reviewed and judged by the league and they accept the WHL's ruling.

grainbear
01-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Once again the skill of the league management amazes me. I certainly did expect suspensions but not what was handed down. How again can a known player who has been on the carpet many times gets off with 2 games is beyond me. Yes Orfino and King do deserve suspensions but in relation to Medicine Hats pretty boy they are much too severe. So if King had not steped in and Scevior had been seriously injured would he get another game as well. It is time the Board of directors took action with this league since anytime our management questions them they can slapped with fines and suspensions and gag orders by the Lords in head office .Some will say look at the rules in the NHL for leaving the bench yes it is ten games The sooner this leaque goes to the 4 man system for refs the better. I for one will gladly pay another buck or two a game to support that. Then perhaps one could be the secretary and write the notes while the other steps in to assist the linesmen.My final comments are from the former color man that is the true crap and garbage!

longtimejrfan
01-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Get your facts straight. McCue had moved away from Scevior and onto another altercation before King and Orfino jumped the bench. McCue was suspended for not going to the bench after his first fight not for beating the crap out of Scevior.

Pete76
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
heck, DG did get removed from the crew for his color commentary

http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/2009/01/suspensions-fines-and-case-of.html

sorry if it is a repost

LHF
01-23-2009, 07:24 PM
So with Dyck out for the next 5 games, and Sutter having been helping out at practices, what are the chances he is behind the bench helping to coach? Personally I would love to see that.

grainbear
01-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Well , guess what the league has been consistent in terms of fines and suspensions. So the only think to be learn t from this is that we do need the 4 man system. There has not been a lot of multiple fight situations since the main season has commenced a fair amount in the preseason. I was wrong guys . The whole situation is controlled by the extra 2 eyes and we certainly need to train enough officials so that we can have the 2 refs and 2 linesmen every time and particularly when we have historical divisional teams playing such as Lethbridge and Medicine Hat.

dondo
01-26-2009, 12:05 AM
I would say that leaving the bench to fight (and instigate) is pretty much an automatic five games -- in the NHL its an automatic ten game suspension, so I would expect the WHL to be comparable.

As far as I know Matt McCue, who I'm not defending here as I am familiar with his antics on the Bruins, was still on the ice and did not leave the bench.... or go to the bench (which is why he was the only reason he was suspended), am I wrong here?