PDA

View Full Version : sbisa on his way back to the canes............

shushu
01-24-2009, 12:38 AM
hear it on the whl board that cam moon said its official that luca will be returnig to the canes .....how good is this IF it true...here hoping....ya baby.............................................. ... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: GO CANES GO.................................... pbj pbj pbj pbj

Hitmen1
01-24-2009, 12:52 AM
I heard he played tonight for the Canes.

shushu
01-24-2009, 12:55 AM
I heard he played tonight for the Canes.
but he was on the game sheet and cam moon said he has officially been sent back tonight....hope it true....................

loudi94
01-24-2009, 01:11 AM
He didn't play. If he is indeed coming back, this team becomes an instant contender.

LifelongChiefsFan
01-24-2009, 03:30 AM
I'm going to have to dispute that Sbisa has officially been sent back. I'm not saying he won't be and maybe Flyer management has decided to send him back, but as of right now, there's nothing about Sbisa being sent back on NHL.com or on the Flyers website. At present, it appears to be wishful thinking.

sbtatter
01-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Well, at least he'll have some time before the playoffs to adjust to the slower pace of life (bus vs plane!) in Leth and the dub from the jet setting style of the NHL and Philly....

Bocephus
01-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Provide a link please.
First I have heard of this and he certainly didn't play last night.

Jake
01-24-2009, 08:38 PM
as per whl.ca Sbisa is playing against Red Deer. Time to turn the radio on.

Edit: Yeah, the Canes are playing with 4 d (Sbisa not being one of them). Its strange that they've started listing Sbisa in the lineup again.

Bocephus
01-24-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm listening to it and he sure isn't playing for Lethbridge.

Bocephus
01-24-2009, 08:48 PM
What is up with that? Sbisa is listed on the Canes playing roster?

http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1005786

There was nothing on the flyers website about any transaction.

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=gam_tra_45

loudi94
01-24-2009, 09:08 PM
This is as close to a link I can get. Certainly not an official release.
http://sportstalkbuzz.com/2009/01/24/flyers-send-sbisa-back-to-whl/

sbtatter
01-24-2009, 11:04 PM
This is as close to a link I can get. Certainly not an official release.
http://sportstalkbuzz.com/2009/01/24/flyers-send-sbisa-back-to-whl/
So did he play tonight? I don't want to play the Canes in the 1st round....

shushu
01-24-2009, 11:27 PM
it still strikes me as weird that the game sheet would all of a sudden list sbisa the last two games..one game could be a mistake but two makes aperson wonder.....we all know that to sit this kid is a mistake but to make him play as a boy in a man league would be even bigger of one..so the dicision will have to be made sooner oppossed to later.......im still hoping luca comes back....ps sounded like bancks and beach had a great night .......great job boys......sbtatter, listen to some of the game and didnt hear his name so i would say that a no......................

grainbear
01-25-2009, 09:58 AM
We sure could have used him last night in Red Deer. I certainly don't dislike the acquiring of Beach but last night with only 4 d-men for the Canes we have perhaps run ourselves short with the trading away of Therieau and Sutherland . The question I had was why we did not use Castro on a more regular basis or at least bring up a drafted d-men on a look see basis such as Hulik for this weekend? We also missed the checking abilty of Orfino and King as they sat out their suspensions. On Friday night I spoke with one of the board of governors for the Canes and his words were quote what do you expect from a board that is headquartered in Calgary. The certainly made sure that King was not around for the match up with the Hitmen, My comment was that it appears to have two standards in this league one if you are owned by the NHL brass or if your coaches or management have links to Team Canada. over the next few weeks I intend to look at that correlation in terms of suspensions and if I am wrong will admit it but let the research begin.

OLDSCHOOL
01-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Luca Sbisa, D/W
2009/01/24: The Philadelphia Flyers have assigned rookie defenseman Luca Sbisa back to the WHL's Lethbridge Hurricanes. INTEL: Sbisa, who turns 19 next week, was a frequent healthy scratch recently, and also had a stint as a winger because of injuries up front. With seven healthy defensemen now in Philly, the club is doing the right thing by sending Sbisa where he can receive more ice time. He should be back with the Flyers as a regular blueliner next season, though he'll still have junior eligibility in 2009-10 as well.

Bocephus
01-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Luca Sbisa, D/W
2009/01/24: The Philadelphia Flyers have assigned rookie defenseman Luca Sbisa back to the WHL's Lethbridge Hurricanes. INTEL: Sbisa, who turns 19 next week, was a frequent healthy scratch recently, and also had a stint as a winger because of injuries up front. With seven healthy defensemen now in Philly, the club is doing the right thing by sending Sbisa where he can receive more ice time. He should be back with the Flyers as a regular blueliner next season, though he'll still have junior eligibility in 2009-10 as well.
Provide the link please

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-25-2009, 12:20 PM
We sure could have used him last night in Red Deer. I certainly don't dislike the acquiring of Beach but last night with only 4 d-men for the Canes we have perhaps run ourselves short with the trading away of Therieau and Sutherland . The question I had was why we did not use Castro on a more regular basis or at least bring up a drafted d-men on a look see basis such as Hulik for this weekend? We also missed the checking abilty of Orfino and King as they sat out their suspensions. On Friday night I spoke with one of the board of governors for the Canes and his words were quote what do you expect from a board that is headquartered in Calgary. The certainly made sure that King was not around for the match up with the Hitmen, My comment was that it appears to have two standards in this league one if you are owned by the NHL brass or if your coaches or management have links to Team Canada. over the next few weeks I intend to look at that correlation in terms of suspensions and if I am wrong will admit it but let the research begin.

I said it earlier that our lack of WHL calibre D-men will be our downfall, with only 6 of them available in all. Injuries are gonna kill us. We have a plethora of top notch forwards so I would have rather seen the Canes get Nick Ross than Beach. That idiot Alexander not wanting to report in the Beach trade just before the trade dealine really screwed us. Friday night we had 4 D-men and 2 were in the penalty box so we had a grand total of 2 D-men able to play. Ridiculous!!

OLDSCHOOL
01-25-2009, 12:53 PM
This is were I got the info from.

http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/teamhome.cgi?Phi

Bocephus
01-25-2009, 01:23 PM
This is were I got the info from.

http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/teamhome.cgi?Phi
Thanks OS. I still hasn't happened until the two teams involved announce it.
I do expect it to happen and where there is smoke this is most often fire.
Our roster needs a full compliment of players so bad.
If you include Sbisa in the count then we have six regulars missing from our lineup. Sbisa, Boychuk, Orfino, Versteeg, King, and Mestery. This has me thinking of what our full lineup could look like.

Ashton - Boychuk - Sceviour
Beach - Bancks - King
Braes, Hoff, Orfino, Sutter, Taylor, Castro, Henke, Fyten, Reners

Wright - Mestery
Sbisa - Yadlowski
Ryckman - Versteeg
Ross

Metsola - Tadjdeh

btw, my whipping boys Braes and Fyten have been putting up great numbers the last ten games. :skeptical

Derek Sutton
01-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Most would say King got off lucky coming off the bench use to be 10 games automatically for the first player and 5 for the second, section 9 rule 70-10 which luckily for the canes is no longer in effect.http://whl.ca/WHL-Rulebook-s11102

hitmanfan
01-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Well what do you expect from one of the board of governers that is headquatered in Lethbridge. :laugh: I think King got off lucky.