PDA

View Full Version : Jan 24, 2009 Giants 7 Silvertips 0

dondo
01-25-2009, 08:58 AM
I don't think I'll get a chance to listen to the Chilliwack game tonight and the Giants better not take them lightly as the Bruins have been good against great teams and weak against bad teams. Seems they save their best for the games they should have no hope of winning and that's a dangerous combo.

Surprisingly after such a dominating performance all over the ice that the Giants did not get a PP marker. I find that odd considering how completely the Tips were being held in their own zone. I expect the Giants were looking for that perfect play against instead of throwing the puck on the net and driving to the front for the greasy rebound.

listened to the second and third.. here's how I heard it:

Giants Shred Silvertips
Vancouver 7 Everett 0

Don Robinson

Jamie Tucker notched his fourth shut-out of the season, a team he had already shut-out earlier in this campaign, 4-0 in Everett. He turned away 23 shots for the goose-egg and had make a couple of tough stops to preserve the blank sheet. The Line of Bouma, Gallagher and Wright were flying last night as the Giants once again spread the scoring throughout the line-up with six different Giants tickling the twine. Lance Bouma had three helpers driving the net and making some very nice power-forward moves to split the D. Brendan Gallagher (2A) was Johnny on the spot, digging in the corners, free-wheeling in the open ice and laying out big defensemen like Taylor Ellington, who stand a good foot taller than him, to get the puck. James Wright, Garry Nunn and Craig Cunningham all shared some ice-time with Bouma and Gallagher, who have found some nice chemistry together recently. Nunn had a 2G and 1A on the night. Rodgers seems to be finding his scoring touch as well as Blum, Ross and Wright who were the other goal scorers. Cunningham scored the opening goal of the game. Kane had 2A, and CPZ 1A.

The Tips spent the majority of the game pinned in their own end of the ice. The Giants brought a huge forecheck and tenacious hunger for the puck on the night, not willing to let anything slide. They out-worked and out-hustled the Tips. Herman did a pretty good job as the lone zebra. The Tips used both of their goaltenders to stem the tide, but it was more about lack of effort and absentee defense which really put the Tips into trouble. Their minuses were spread throughout the line-up and Jesse Burt was probably their best player on the ice. The only area the Giants did not capitalize was on the PP, where they went an uncharacteristic 0 for 5, while holding the Tips to 0 for 4.

Three Stars

1) Lance Bouma
2) Brendan Gallagher
3) Garry Nunn