PDA

View Full Version : Beach

tiny
01-25-2009, 09:02 AM
A few seconds after the game Beach shot the puck into the stands on the north side of the visitor end (with some speed). Did anyone else see this? Was anyone hurt? Is there a penalty (suspension) for this?

sbtatter
01-25-2009, 09:08 AM
A few seconds after the game Beach shot the puck into the stands on the north side of the visitor end (with some speed). Did anyone else see this? Was anyone hurt? Is there a penalty (suspension) for this?
Surely even Beach isn't enough of a numbnuts to do that is he????

SectionNDeserter
01-25-2009, 09:11 AM
It really doesn't seem like Beach to make a poor decision like that, I am sure it was an accident...

rdreb
01-25-2009, 09:48 AM
well he shot it and it cleared the glass,don't know if it hit anyone.but it was a stuipt thing top do

old_time_hockey
01-25-2009, 10:57 PM
It really doesn't seem like Beach to make a poor decision like that, I am sure it was an accident...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *cough cough* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

You weren't serious were you? vci11

Man I am so glad he is out in the East now. The Saturday game against the Tips wasn't a 3 ring circus. At 3-0 he would have fired up his usual spear someone then when someone got in his grill, drop to the ice and flop like a fish out of water.

tigsfan0809
01-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Just wanted to get the US div. fans opinions on the Canes/Tigers controversy, which Beach played a part in. I wasn't a Beach fan before the game, and his actions that night did little to change that. I'm not saying for a second that the Tigers were angels (ie McCue vs Sceviour) but he seemed to take shots then hide behind his faceshield.

dondo
01-26-2009, 12:15 AM
yup what OTH said

-- Beatch is a very talented player who is a hell of a loose cannon and it hurts him and his team. There's a reason Beatch was not invited to even try-out for the Canadian Junior squad.

Its not out of character for Beatch to have done something like that deliberately. I'm so happy he's not only out of the conference, but playing for a team unlikely to make a dent in the playoffs if they even get there.

You also have to understand that where Beatch is concerned I am very biased and by far my favorite WHL moment last season was when Beatch was being Beatch and Chris Bruton cold-cocked him with a single punch... BAM!! -- sweet :clap:

also if you are wondering I have spelled his name that way for years now, he's always lived up to it every time I have seen him perform, gutless, diving scenery chewing, pest of player who has far more skill than he deserves and will ruin his future career with this garbage.

old_time_hockey
01-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Just wanted to get the US div. fans opinions on the Canes/Tigers controversy, which Beach played a part in. I wasn't a Beach fan before the game, and his actions that night did little to change that. I'm not saying for a second that the Tigers were angels (ie McCue vs Sceviour) but he seemed to take shots then hide behind his faceshield.

We are talking about the same player that made fun of someones medical condition, then when challenged time and time again by that player he always chickened out. Then finally he did something to someone else and Biatch had to answer Lucic and got fed knuckles. It was awsome.

Kyle is about 2 more concussions away from being out of hockey.

tigsfan0809
01-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks guys, I know most US fans on the WHL message board didn't like him too much.......Funny how a Beach thread was started on a Red Deer Rebels fan forum on here....lol!!!!

LifelongChiefsFan
01-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Thanks guys, I know most US fans on the WHL message board didn't like him too much.......Funny how a Beach thread was started on a Red Deer Rebels fan forum on here....lol!!!!

Yeah, you won't get much love from any fan of a US division team outside of Everett. Even a lot of Everett fans had soured on him since his rookie season. I personally don't hate the guy, and I readily admit that he may have more talent than any other player in the dub. But Beach is an absolute headcase. There's definitely been games where he's the reason Everett and Lethbridge won, but the overall feeling was that while he was in Everett, he had detrimental contributions to more of their losses than he had positive contributions in their wins. I don't follow everything Beach does, so I can't really comment on games against other US division teams, but I remember a game in 2007 where Spokane beat Everett 1-0. The Chiefs only goal came on an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by none other than Kyle Beach.

I think a lot of the reason people don't like Beach is because, as it has been stated earlier, he really doesn't 'man up' for his actions. He'll agitate and get under the other teams' skins and I don't have a problem with that. But more often that not when the other team's players challenge him to a fight, he turns tail and hides. All the while picking up silly unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. So not only do opposing teams fans not respect him, he loses respect from the fans of the team he plays for as well. I would imagine it goes the same for the teams as well, but not being in the locker rooms, I can't comment on that for sure.

It's not often you see a resounding applaud for the punch Bruton landed on Beach last season. If you want to call it cheap, I won't argue with you. But I will say that he had it coming and you better believe that every fan of a US division team outside of Everett was grinning from ear to ear after they saw a replay of those events. Even some Thunderbirds fans displayed a 'Thank You Chris Bruton' banner at the next game.

His lack of respect and questionable character are the other factors that make him the most hated player in the league. It looked like he turned it around after coming back from Blackhawks camp, but it didn't last. If you look on youtube you can see a fight between Bowman and Beach early on in the year where Beach takes a swing at Bowman after the linesman have stepped in. Another case where Beach does what he does because he knows he won't have to back it up.

The Lethbridge/Medicine Hat scrum was just another event in Beach's book. First off I will say that I do not blame Beach for King or Orfino coming off the bench. Everyone knows the consequences of doing that. However you can't argue that Beach instigated the scrum in the first place. All Beach had to do was shoot the puck in the empty net. That's it! And he couldn't even do that. Then when the scrum breaks out he skates away. I mean what did he expect? Did he really think the Tigers weren't going to care? He just showed up the entire team with what was an immature and completely unnecessary move. And in the end it cost his team 8 games in player suspensions, and $500 bucks to the team, plus the coach took a 5 game hit and is a little lighter in the wallet as well. It's too bad, because like I said he's got all the talent in the world. But until his attitude changes, he will continue to be the most hated player in the league and I feel that I speak for fans of every US division team when I say that I am thankful that I don't have to see his act again ever, or at the very least, for the rest of the season.

localguy
01-26-2009, 09:09 AM
yup what OTH said

-- Beatch is a very talented player who is a hell of a loose cannon and it hurts him and his team. There's a reason Beatch was not invited to even try-out for the Canadian Junior squad.

Its not out of character for Beatch to have done something like that deliberately. I'm so happy he's not only out of the conference, but playing for a team unlikely to make a dent in the playoffs if they even get there.

You also have to understand that where Beatch is concerned I am very biased and by far my favorite WHL moment last season was when Beatch was being Beatch and Chris Bruton cold-cocked him with a single punch... BAM!! -- sweet :clap:

also if you are wondering I have spelled his name that way for years now, he's always lived up to it every time I have seen him perform, gutless, diving scenery chewing, pest of player who has far more skill than he deserves and will ruin his future career with this garbage.

You really think that the team he's on is unlikely to make a dent in the playoffs? Better check again dondo, Sbisa appears to be on the way back, and we are almost to the 100% healthy mark, something we haven't been all year. I don't think many teams will want to see us in the playoffs when all our guys are back.

LHF
01-26-2009, 09:35 AM
yup what OTH said

You serious??? You obviously are only looking at the standings. How about looking at our team and what kind of luck we've had. We haven't iced a full line up all year. With injuries and guys away at tournaments. When we get everybody back and healthy (which is coming soon) we will be a force. As well like localguy said Sbisa should be back soon. VERY SOON!!! Boychuck should be back by next game, and King will be back just in time for the US road trip. yeehoo

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-26-2009, 02:34 PM
yup what OTH said

nm

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-26-2009, 02:37 PM
yup what OTH said

If, and that's a big if, we can keep 6 Dmen on the roster we will make the playoffs and could quite possibly make a huge dent. We have had the wierdest year for playing with a full line-up. Pro camps, christmas tourneys, injuries and now suspensions have had us playing with about 75% of our full line up. I wouldn't bet the farm on it but I don't think too many teams want the Canes in the playoffs.

dondo
01-26-2009, 02:38 PM
You guys don't see Sbisa playing lack-lustre hockey after being sent down by an NHL team? I think if you think he'll be at his best I believe you will be fooling yourselves.

Perhaps I am wrong here, but Beatch will not help you when the chips are down. That deliberate shot into the stands at the end of the game was the first of many dumb plays yet to come.

Maybe you'll be competitive come playoff time, but I still think that's a big maybe. So yes I am serious, but I don't say there is no possibility.

sorry Rebs fans .. *highjack done* continue to shake your head over the antics of Bea ch.

edit: I hope your right HR, cause we'd like the Hitmen as beat up as they can be :thumb: , we're going to have a tough enough time getting out of own conference.

Chief Jeff
01-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't forget his disappearance in the playoffs last year no points and -6.

moosedawg
01-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Sbisa is going to be a man among boys when he gets back and flat out dominant!!

localguy
01-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Don't forget his disappearance in the playoffs last year no points and -6.

Playoff Stats
Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2008 WHL Playoffs Lethbridge Hurricanes 19 3 12 15 8 17

This is what I see from his playoffs. Hardly a disappearance, but with the exception of Boychuk, the whole team disappeared in the final four games.

WHL Rules
01-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Playoff Stats
Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2008 WHL Playoffs Lethbridge Hurricanes 19 3 12 15 8 17

This is what I see from his playoffs. Hardly a disappearance, but with the exception of Boychuk, the whole team disappeared in the final four games.

Wrong guy. ;)
He talks about Beach and not Sbisa...

localguy
01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
maah bad

Shinyshoes
01-27-2009, 05:37 PM
To get this thread back on track, As reported by Andrew Walker (http://bigdrivesports.blogspot.com/)it seems this act did not go unnoticed, and the league is revewing it.

My guess is 10 games.

SectionNDeserter
01-27-2009, 05:55 PM
10 games sounds about right, it is time for the league to take out the trash.

rebel
01-27-2009, 05:58 PM
i agree the whl should not put up with junk like beach

Shinyshoes
01-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Video evidence.

go here:
http://www.imediatv.ca/index.php?siteid=4&catid=46&hidechannel=1

click on Game 25.

About 2:10 in, they breifly show Beach with the puck and fires it into the stands, after the buzzer.

Bocephus
01-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks SS.
After seeing the video I really don't think he meant to fire the puck into the crowd. I think he tried to fire it hard off the glass in frustration from losing and he put it over the glass. I say that from his reaction. It looked like the body language of 'oh ****' that puck went over the glass.
Does that matter? I guess the league will determine that.
Any way you view it it is an act that shouldn't have taken place.

Shinyshoes
01-27-2009, 06:55 PM
I can see what your saying, by the video, it does kind of look that way, however, and I might have my Rose Colored glasses on saying this, but from my seat, the way the puck was flying through the air, it looked intentional. It wasnt a rolling puck, it wasnt flying end over end through the air. From my experiences in hockey, if the puck is flat like that, you are only going to miss your target by inches, not feet.

I guess we will see how the league interprets it.

Rebel~66
01-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Looks like the league have indeed suspended him, as per their website.

http://whl.ca/Suspensions-s11114

Suspension to be determined.

Bocephus
01-27-2009, 07:16 PM
It's getting so frustrating as a Canes fan that we can't ice a full lineup.
Will it ever happen?

Pete76
01-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Dang man ... you think of all the ice time he had as a kid growing up, all the early morning practices of parents driving him to and from the rink, all the awards he probably won (I mean the kid is a helluva hockey player) ... and yet he can't get out of his own way .... WAKE UP, fix your attitude or waste you hockey career. I don't think he did it on purpose, but the collective work of stupidity puts any of his actions under the microscope.

IMO