PDA

View Full Version : WHY!!!!!

patsdude114
01-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Why on earth did dekatch start Ketlo in this game..... yes i know Ketlo hasnt been seeing the crease but why didnt he start Ketlo in regina against MJ, would of let Ketlo see the crease against a weaker opponent.

Your playing the best team in our league 1 of the best teams in all of canada and u play ur rookie 17 yr old goalie and let Rowat (goalie of the year last season) watch from the bench. Im not saying with Rowat between the pipes the game would of been different, but with Rowat between the pipes against a team like Calgary it would of gave the veterns a more calming feeling that if we do make a mistake that Rowat will be there to close the door. With Ketlo against a team like Calgary it makes everyone grasps there sticks alittle tighter trying not to make that mistake.... Dont get me wrong Ketlo is a good goalie but is he ready to face a offensive powerhouse like calgary...... well look at the score 7-4 nope he isnt.

I have questioned Derkatch before with some of his bold coaching moves but this 1 really makes me wonder.... Was Rowat hurt or sick that he couldnt play? Or is this just a stupid coaching?

I am loosing faith in Derkatch with his coaching mistakes game in and game out. Last home game he benched Czibere midway thru the 1st period, Czibere wasnt the player who should of been benched... Mr. Derkatch look at your defence you coach take a look at #20 this kid needs a huge wake up call, his head had swelled pretty big jsut from being a 1st rd pick, and it got bigger after winning gold at WJs, #20 has been making mistakes alot all season long, from stupid pinches, to no hussle, to bad penalties, but not once has he been benched for any of this. Dont get me wrong #20 can be a solid Dman but as of lately his head is just too big he needs to be reminded he is only 18 he hasnt proved anything yet. You played D on a heavy favorite to win gold, you were drafted by a team in rebuilding forum who also wanted you tied up so they gave you a contract. Just cause you got a contract doesnt mean you'll see a game in the NHL, the way he is playing he is playing like a career AHLer.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
01-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Ketlo wasnt the problem tonight, he was good.. And if anything we dont want these guys to be calm, we want them to be on edge and paly like they care, not relying on Rowat like they have.

Honestly, I think officiating was a factor, and Calgary's PP is lethal. Scratching Teubert, despite his troubles lately, probably hurt our defence too. We probably deserved a better fate in this one, but theres always next game. I wouldnt count the pats out yet, especially when Delahey comes back.

patsdude114
01-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Oh im not counting the Pats out dont get me wrong i still believe in this team, i know they will make the playoffs but im thinking another 1st round exit is in line.

I for 1 just dont believe in using ur back up goalie against the top team in the league unless your starter is injuried or sick. I know Ketlo wasnt the problem its just the fact is all. Even though i honestly dont feel like he is ready for that much of a challenge at this point in his career (which is very bright). Just my opinion on goaltenders is all.

I am very glad Teubert was scratched, he has played like garbage since returning from WJ's, and really wasnt playing that great before the WJ's, he takes such bad penalties. He plays good with Delahey mainly cause Delahey is quick to get back for Teubert's slowness. Teubert is trying to do too much, sometimes he thinks he is Bobby Orr when he gets that puck. I know he has the green light to go with it but maybe with his speed (or lack there of) he should think twice about jumping into play as much as he does. The Pats need him to be a shut down guy, play with that physical edge he is known for, but most importantly play positionly in his own end.

ointhecreek
01-26-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't know what it is about Calgary that makes coaches start the backup goaltender. Chynoweth did the same thing. Just traded for Morgan and his first game with us he puts him against the top team in the country. Baffling.

dondo
01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Honestly, I think officiating was a factor, and Calgary's PP is lethal. Scratching Teubert, despite his troubles lately, probably hurt our defence too. We probably deserved a better fate in this one, but theres always next game. I wouldnt count the pats out yet, especially when Delahey comes back.

Well it was Zalaski (and Agar) and I can't really believe that the two teams neatly took four, five six penalties straight and then the other squad took four in a row. That box score reads like seriously poor officiating to me, it reeks of equalisation calls just because and trying to control a game which might not have needed controlling.

The Pats didn't get many shots on net and that's a cause for serious concern, especially since they managed 4 goals on 18 shots, while it took the Hitmen 51 shots to get 7.

All but two goals on the night came on the PP .. damn rights the zebras had a big thing to do with the score.

Was the game that clutchy? Or was it just over-reacting refs manipulating the game.

patsdude114
01-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Well no 1 has ever accussed the ref's in this league of being capable lol I have yet to see a ref, ref back to back good games in this league that says alot for all refs in the WHL.

I know there amateur ref's but my god somewhere along the lines we need to get some consistancy with the reffing.... I personally believe 1 of the more consistant refs is Weiler. Does Mercer ever ref by himself anymore? Everytime i see this guy he has a 2nd idiot with him. Mercer used to be a good ref before this 2 ref system was put in place, i wish i could say the same thing for Mercer. Worst game i ever say him ref was with Dean last season right after xmas a game in Saskatoon there was 23 PP's in total with alot of brutal calls on both sides.

Some games these guys want to call every little thing that happens & most of these so called stupid calls they are making have nothing to do with the play anyways. Some little tap on the shins from a guy who is 100ft from the puck. I think all the fans & players want is the calls to be made within the play.

Fight Guy
01-27-2009, 06:56 PM
I remember that game last season. Took like 3 hours to play or something stupid like that because every 10 seconds there was a penalty.