PDA

View Full Version : VS Brandon

Allin44
01-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Solid effort by the Rebels tonight. For whatever reason(mainly looking at the standings and not knowing anything about RD this year) I expected it to be a lopsided victory. Granted we(Brandon) might not have put a solid effort in.

In my mind what kept this one close is your guys' ability to completely shut down the middle of the ice. The WK tend to do the cycle and run the offense off the halfwall and you guys really took away anything into the middle tonight, your whole team looked like they were playing to win and you can't ask for much more out of a team.

Also mentioned on the WKs broadcast(I sync it with the webcast as I dont like listening to other teams broadcasts) it was noted that the only RD player to beat a WK goalie(other than a SO goal) this season has been Ferraro.

And: does your zamboni driver toss a little extra water or something on the ice in your end during the clear for the SO? Geez! ;)

Allin44
01-27-2009, 10:39 PM
why the shat does my thread title come up as a !.. its like the internet hates me

Fixed... nivek_wahs

hockey4
01-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Solid effort by the Rebels tonight. For whatever reason(mainly looking at the standings and not knowing anything about RD this year) I expected it to be a lopsided victory. Granted we(Brandon) might not have put a solid effort in.

In my mind what kept this one close is your guys' ability to completely shut down the middle of the ice. The WK tend to do the cycle and run the offense off the halfwall and you guys really took away anything into the middle tonight, your whole team looked like they were playing to win and you can't ask for much more out of a team.

Also mentioned on the WKs broadcast(I sync it with the webcast as I dont like listening to other teams broadcasts) it was noted that the only RD player to beat a WK goalie(other than a SO goal) this season has been Ferraro.

And: does your zamboni driver toss a little extra water or something on the ice in your end during the clear for the SO? Geez! ;)

This game reminded me of the Rebels game vs. lethbridge. Not a great start, but it wasnt bad either. But over the last 2 periods, red deer was the better team. With the exception of 2 games this year (although the calgary one wasnt as bad as the score), the Rebels have played very well against top clubs. its the games against the edmontons/ chilliwacks/ everetts/ seattles/prince alberts that have cost them valuable wins.

And yes, weird shootut. I think the puck rolled/bounced on 3 of the 5 wheat kings shooters (including the flukey goal in the 5th round), and for sure 2 of the 5 rebel shooters.

BSB
01-28-2009, 05:28 PM
(I sync it with the webcast as I dont like listening to other teams broadcasts)
How do you do this? I hate listening to the opposition announcers as well, but thought there was no choice in the matter with the web broadcast and the radio broadcast not being in sync.

Allin44
01-29-2009, 01:12 PM
How do you do this? I hate listening to the opposition announcers as well, but thought there was no choice in the matter with the web broadcast and the radio broadcast not being in sync.
Just load up the web transmission on cklq.mb.ca or whatever their site may be, and when it loads, its about 20-30 seconds ahead of the whl webcast, so just hit pause on Luebkes feed and it will basically save the 30 seconds to memory, and hit play 30 seconds later and it should be closed to being synched.

Cheers