PDA

View Full Version : Tigers at Giants Jan. 28

tigsfan0809
01-29-2009, 12:39 AM
I listened to the game, and I was wondering if it was a case of too many penalties against the Tigers, were they tired, I know Van is an amazingly tough team this year, and it was good to see a close game, but a 3-1 lead into a 4-3 loss is kinda hard to swallow........Just curious, cuz it sounded like the Tigers didn't play badly, they just let ANOTHER 3rd period lead disappear.

Swando
01-29-2009, 03:32 AM
I listened to the game, and I was wondering if it was a case of too many penalties against the Tigers, were they tired, I know Van is an amazingly tough team this year, and it was good to see a close game, but a 3-1 lead into a 4-3 loss is kinda hard to swallow........Just curious, cuz it sounded like the Tigers didn't play badly, they just let ANOTHER 3rd period lead disappear.

The Giants did not handle the forecheck of the Tigers for 30 minutes but they weathered the storm and took control the last 30 minutes BIG time. Very little physical presence throughout other than the King and Chucky scrap which was as easy decission by # 22 in the black and white corner ( actually a couple of free upper cuts with the left was the deciding blows). Having watched MH and Giants thru an extended series 2 yrs ago there are a lot of similarities BUT the biggest being the Hats lack of goaltending. Love the speed of the Tigers and lack of physical abuse after the whistle..Shows class to the MH organization

dondo
02-01-2009, 05:43 PM
this is good the hear.. thanks swando.. I've been out of touch , internet-wise the past five days, so you guys did not get your recaps .. apologies, but thems the breaks -- write your own :p

Good to hear Henry might be finally filling hr HUnt role we have been desperately needing imo -- Small guy, huge heart, no fear.. Gallagher might fall int that category in years to come as he does not give up--ever.

I would really have loved to be in my regular seat for this one, tilts versus the tigs are always good ones.