PDA

View Full Version : All The "FANS"

RV@BBB
01-29-2009, 03:12 PM
I've noticed alot of back and forth comments such as fire him, the guys need to get up, we need support, these guys lack something or other and the whole shut up and do something about it. The reality of the whiole situation is you are a fan so do your job. Cheer for your team, praise the positives and don't reverberate all the negatives. check out Miller donnelly's Magic Helmet speech on youtube or google it. You'll be surprised. We were all 9 yr olds who played the game and should know better. Take a lesson from a kid that just loves to play hockey. Whether you're at an Oilers 10-2 loss or a Broncos couldn't get the opportunities to find the mesh kind of game remember why you are a fan and why you love this game. Stop bashing coaches, stop berrating players for performance, and stop being a sofa official. Observations are one thing but negativity breeds negativity. I just think that it's really important if you are one of those people that condemns someone involved in the game you should watch this video and see through the eyes of a 9 yr old who loves the game of hockey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWjBvcfhRX0

Broncs in RD
01-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Sunshine and Lollipops.

ointhecreek
01-29-2009, 05:11 PM
It's a good video but it's aimed at minor hockey, pee wee bantam, etc. I don't think it really applies to Jr hockey. In a way I guess it does but this is more of a training ground for the big leagues where the players get paid to perform to a high level. The fans pay good money to watch and IMHO have the right to voice their opinion and criticize if the players do not live up to the standards. If the players can not accept the criticism in this league they won't make it for long in the bigs. That being said there is a line that a lot of fans cross that goes to far, but that is sometimes the result of being very passionate about their team. vc1tt

Broncs in RD
01-29-2009, 05:41 PM
good post "o"

Bocephus
01-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Sunshine and Lollipops.
Rainbows and butterflies.

Pete76
01-29-2009, 05:51 PM
This is Major Junior Hockey ... right ... they do play for the memorial cup ... right?

RV@BBB
01-29-2009, 10:36 PM
its supposed to be a gross comparison between the 2 leagues. and to comment on another post just because you buy a product doesnt give you a right to bash the salesman, his company, his character. you can have an opinion but petty things are different. make you observation but don't demean individuals for their choices.

Broncs in RD
01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Well RV@BBB When I buy any product and am not satisfied with it, and was given a plan...to some effect by the "salesman" I sure do have the right to voice my opinion. In Canada, I think there is something called freedom of speech, I use it. Example I went to a restaurant got a hamburger and specifically stated I didn't want onions she said ok. Hamburger no onions. I went to the window grabbed the burger took a bite and guess what ONIONS. This is not the 1st time it has happened. Do I (a) eat the fricking onions and chalk it up on the lose column time and time again, or (B) Do I say something and complain so so doesn't happen again.
You are comparing apples to oranges in your thread I hope this helped you see it.

its supposed to be a gross comparison between the 2 leagues. and to comment on another post just because you buy a product doesnt give you a right to bash the salesman, his company, his character. you can have an opinion but petty things are different. make you observation but don't demean individuals for their choices.

ointhecreek
01-30-2009, 12:20 AM
What the he!! are you smoking? The video is talking about KIDS playing hockey. You can't compare the 2 situations, not even a little bit. Sell your product some where else.

d-man
01-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Well RV@BBB When I buy any product and am not satisfied with it, and was given a plan...to some effect by the "salesman" I sure do have the right to voice my opinion. In Canada, I think there is something called freedom of speech, I use it. Example I went to a restaurant got a hamburger and specifically stated I didn't want onions she said ok. Hamburger no onions. I went to the window grabbed the burger took a bite and guess what ONIONS. This is not the 1st time it has happened. Do I (a) eat the fricking onions and chalk it up on the lose column time and time again, or (B) Do I say something and complain so so doesn't happen again.
You are comparing apples to oranges in your thread I hope this helped you see it.
(C) You stop buying burgers from this restaurant like many other people and they go out of business and don't know why

Speak up Broncs in RD and maybe they'll get the burger right

Broncs in RD
01-30-2009, 11:24 AM
LOL

G-MAN
01-30-2009, 08:26 PM
keep screwing up the burger sooner or later customers will stop coming then the restaurant closes.im not going to keep going back if someone tells me the burgers are actually very good they just need more time!my opinion is the restaurant should listen to the customers,make improvements then customers come back,the cook has screwed up alot of burgers in the past few years!time for a new cook!sorry if the cook is your friend and this offends you!time for a change!