PDA

View Full Version : Game 53-Hitmen 3 at Canes 2 OT

Hitmen1
01-30-2009, 12:18 PM
It is the 5th of 6 meetings tonight between the 2 central division rivals. The Hitmen are looking to extend their winning streak to 4 games tonight. The Canes are missing several key players thanks to suspensions which is unfortunate because I was really looking forward to this game with the Canes at full strength. I hope the Hitmen don't take the Canes lightly like they did with the Ice just after the trade deadline because the Canes would pull an upset. I wonder if we see Michael Snider start in one of these 2 games this weekend. Internet broadcast only tonight. GO HITMEN!

Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM
I hope not, but I can smell a sh@tkicken for the Canes tonight. We are so undermanned I don't think our 4 Dmen will be able to handle the Hitmen. Hopefully Versteeg and/or Mestery are playing tonight. Benny Wright can only play 35 to 40 minutes a game for so long. He was exhausted against Regina and the "Pats ain't the Hitmen"

Hitmen1
01-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Juha Metsola almost stole 2 points from the Hitmen but Keith Seabrook scores in overtime and the Hitmen win 3-2. Metsola made 46 saves for the Canes. The Canes worked hard but the Hitmen were really just better and they continue to just put pucks at the net. I look forward to watching the Canes again tomorrow night here in Red Deer.

Bocephus
01-30-2009, 11:21 PM
The offense coming from the Hitmen blueline is amazing. Are they threatening any records?

DunnerStunner
01-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Its nice to see that the Hitmen are 5-0 this season against the Canes. Last season they had a tough time against them. Although i would not like to face them in the first round, with their full lineup.

Go Hitmen Go!

Hitmen1
01-31-2009, 10:24 AM
The offense coming from the Hitmen blueline is amazing. Are they threatening any records?

Here are the stats for the Hitmen blue line:

54 goals:

Stone 16
Postma 14
Seabrook 11
Plante 7
MacKenzie 3
Bonsor 2
Madaisky 1

143 assists:

Postma 44
Stone 29
Seabrook 26
Plante 21
MacKenzie 9
Bonsor 6
Madaisky 5
Maetche 3 (no longer on team)

hitmanfan
01-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Does anyone else think the Plouffe for Postma trade was one of Kisios finest. At this point I think better than the Pogge / Yeo trade. Those stats are incredible. Almost 25% of our goals come from the blueline. Nice job guys

loudi94
01-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Its nice to see that the Hitmen are 5-0 this season against the Canes. Last season they had a tough time against them. Although i would not like to face them in the first round, with their full lineup.

Go Hitmen Go!
The last 2 weeks of the season will tell the tale for Lethbridge. If (Big if) they get healthy and start clicking (Bigger if), they will be scary tough to beat. All things considered, definitely not a desirable team to play in the first round.

DunnerStunner
01-31-2009, 01:48 PM
The last 2 weeks of the season will tell the tale for Lethbridge. If (Big if) they get healthy and start clicking (Bigger if), they will be scary tough to beat. All things considered, definitely not a desirable team to play in the first round.

hopefully they miss the playoffs

Hitmen1
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Does anyone else think the Plouffe for Postma trade was one of Kisios finest. At this point I think better than the Pogge / Yeo trade. Those stats are incredible. Almost 25% of our goals come from the blueline. Nice job guys

Plus when you add Bortis for Dansereau it becomes a really good trade. Keegan had his issues with the Hitmen and has had about 100 points as a Bronco but Bortis is around 130 points for the Hitmen.