PDA

View Full Version : Game 54-Wheat Kings 7 at Hitmen 6 OT

Hitmen1
01-31-2009, 04:58 PM
The Hitmen look to win their 5th straight tonight as they return to the Dome and host Brandon. The Wheaties are one of the hottest teams in the league and this should be a good test for both teams. This is the 3rd meeting of the year, with the Hitmen winning both previous games but they have not played since the end of November when Brandon Kozun scored the "teddy" goal in the Hitmen's annual teddy toss. The game is on the radio tonight starting at 7pm Calgary time. GO HITMEN!

Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

DunnerStunner
01-31-2009, 05:27 PM
im predicting a 4-2 hitmen win with the fourth goal being the empty netter. i have a feeling Snider will get the start in goal tonight.

Go Hitmen Go

sbtatter
01-31-2009, 07:54 PM
8th game in 12 nights for us, enough said!!!!!

brandonboy
01-31-2009, 08:42 PM
So far at the end of the first it looks as if both teams are gonna play a run and gun style. If it keeps up this should get pretty interesting with two of the best offences in the league.

dagley
01-31-2009, 10:28 PM
OT WINNER BABY! Keeping pace with those pesky Blades

sbtatter
01-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Gritty game tonight, and Hayes was awesome.

DunnerStunner
01-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Hayes was average, Clark was excellent. the game was back and forth, way to Hitmen, we got a point

hitmanfan
01-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Hayes was average, Clark was excellent. the game was back and forth, way to Hitmen, we got a point
Well he was 1 better than Jones.

sbtatter
01-31-2009, 11:31 PM
If you watch the game again, you'll se Hayes held the WK's in, faced 42 shots as well.

Hitmen1
02-01-2009, 09:03 AM
I missed the broadcast tonight because I was once again enjoying a boring game here in Red Deer but based on what I have read this morning, it sounds like Marty had a real bad night and the blue line wasn't much better at all. It looks like a nice comeback by the Hitmen down 5-2 but in the end give the Wheaties credit, they won a game at the Dome and become only the 3rd visiting team to do so.

sbtatter
02-01-2009, 09:34 AM
I missed the broadcast tonight because I was once again enjoying a boring game here in Red Deer but based on what I have read this morning, it sounds like Marty had a real bad night and the blue line wasn't much better at all. It looks like a nice comeback by the Hitmen down 5-2 but in the end give the Wheaties credit, they won a game at the Dome and become only the 3rd visiting team to do so.
Good summary for not having watched the game!! It was a game of momentum and opportunistic shooting by Bdn. Jones has played better games, and Calgary's much vaunted defence were good in the offensive zone but MIA in their own zone....

DunnerStunner
02-01-2009, 09:35 AM
well said Hitmen1, the back end was bad. aka, Clark walking around Seabrook only to finish the play with a great deke on Jones.
As for Jones he had a poor game, some goals should have been stopped. Not sure if it was a lack of concentration or what.