PDA

View Full Version : Golf round #1!

smackitsakic
04-17-2005, 11:04 AM
So unless you are a golfer, this is going to be boring to read.
I got a chance to hit the course this weekend for the first time of the year. I hit five large buckets of balls in a stretch of about 24 hours as i was rather pumped to try out my new irons. We went for a round afterwards and i scored an 81, not bad for the first round of the year in a 40km/h Saskatchewan wind. It was a 10 over par, most of which came on three holes. A triple and two doubles on the front nine inflated the score.
In total i made two birdies out of six birdie putts. The par fives treated me well yesterday as i had a total of 3 eagle putts, all of which were within 20 feet, all of which i missed.
I dont' know if anybody reading this is experienced enough to teach, but i've been battling a slight draw with the new irons. Last year i had to aim left b/c of my natural shaped fade. This year i'm finding myself consistently aiming 10 yards left to account for the draw. Does anybody have Titleist irons and experience the same thing? I'm assuming this is the clubs doing their job of shaping the ball, i'm hoping so anyway. Drawing the ball is the best way to add distance to your shots, and i sure noticed it yesterday.
Old irons it was 145 yards for an 8 iron and 120 yards for a PW.
New irons (with cross wind) it was 140 yards for PW over the green and 155 yards for 8 iron 20 yards over the green. :burningma