PDA

View Full Version : Intermission Events

Brandonite
02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
What does everyone think of the intermission events the Wheat Kings do during the games? I noticed a poll last week on the wheat kings site and now its gone but im cerious what peoples thoughts are. I remember back in the day when they used to have wrestling, that was kick ass! My vote goes to sling-shot, that one is always entertaining to watch

Vik
02-04-2009, 06:59 PM
The thing that is entertaining about the sling shot is to see how hard the guy crashes into the end boards. I don't care too much about them other than I hate that stupid chicken race.

sbtatter
02-04-2009, 07:45 PM
The guy last night looked like he hurt his left arm when he hit the boards, he bailed out early on his 2nd attempt!!

Brandonite
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
The guy last night looked like he hurt his left arm when he hit the boards, he bailed out early on his 2nd attempt!!

Yeah it did look like he hurt his arm maybe. They fly down the ice and its so entertaining to watch. The fans get right into it and everyone seems to take notice when sling shot is going on. The guys really pull them back far, damn near to the goalies crease but people seem to just love it! I know I love watching it thats for sure.

dagley
02-04-2009, 09:59 PM
To be honest, it's all pretty boring and all. They need new events, something original...it's boring watching the same thing every game. Mind you, intermissions are for food and more importantly beer.

Derek Sutton
02-04-2009, 10:33 PM
If guys are getting hurt I wouldn't complain about anything. In Lethbridge we have THE WORST intermission entertainment I'm not gonna get started as I wont be able to stop. I'll just say that its been the same s*** for the last 5-7 years or so absolutely awful. And the in house host will not stop screaming on the mic. Now I'm done.