PDA

View Full Version : Glennie probably done for regular season

dagley
02-05-2009, 10:39 AM
The Brandon Wheat Kings have learned that right-winger Scott Glennie has been lost indefinitely after sustaining a broken left elbow during last Saturday’s win in Calgary.

Glennie, who missed Tuesday’s game against the visiting Red Deer Rebels, is currently tied with Jay Fehr for 6th-place in the WHL scoring race with 27 goals and 66 points in 52 games.

A former second round bantam draft choice of the Wheat Kings, the 17-year old Winnipeg native has 53 goals and 125 points in 112 regular season games since joining the Wheat Kings in the fall of 2007.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Not good.

Bocephus
02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
He gets injured as soon as Sbisa returns?
In all seriousness though I hope he heals fast. With this being his draft year and all he needs to be on the ice dominating.

dagley
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
It could be a 4-6 week thing, with about 6 weeks left in the season and him being in good physical condition and with the amount of help he will get to help his injury heal faster, he should be back in 4-5 weeks.

Brandonite
02-05-2009, 03:57 PM
I really hate to say this but this injury really did take away any chances of Scott Glennie getting drafted in the 1st round. Glennie was already in a tough spot to go in the 1st round, and now with this injury I would say he will for sure slip into the 2nd round of the draft. Hopefully a fast recovery

wheaties89
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
wheaties are built right now to atleast easily make it to the second round. one injury shouldnt make that much of a difference. good scouts will have scouted him enough to show hes a sick talent. should be a mid to late firstrounder

captain blog
02-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Losing one of your top offensive guys is going to hurt. Glennie is just as good as Schenn and maybe even better. I hope Glennie recovers quickly.
go canes go clrkth

CJSenterprise4
02-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I hope he does slip in th draft to my N.Y. Islanders...He is a great player and will hopefully back for the playoffs because i will cheering for you guys once the Pats are out in 4 games if they even make the playoffs. It's all about next year though..hosting the Memorial Cup. When can you get tickets for that? probably not for a while eh

sbtatter
02-05-2009, 10:57 PM
I hope he does slip in th draft to my N.Y. Islanders...He is a great player and will hopefully back for the playoffs because i will cheering for you guys once the Pats are out in 4 games if they even make the playoffs. It's all about next year though..hosting the Memorial Cup. When can you get tickets for that? probably not for a while eh
I think that your WK season tix next year will give you the option to get Mem cup tix......

Vik
02-05-2009, 11:26 PM
I think that your WK season tix next year will give you the option to get Mem cup tix......
I think that's only if you have season tickets this year as well.

dagley
02-05-2009, 11:49 PM
I've had them the previous eight seasons, I better get mine and I am definitely willing to shell out the $400...no problemo!

sbtatter
02-06-2009, 08:45 AM
I think that's only if you have season tickets this year as well.Well, having them this year guarantees you can buy them next year, which gives you the option to buy Mem cup tix.
We sold 2900 ST this year??? They will have approximately 3300 Mem Cup tix for the public, so next season if you are amongst the 1st 3300 ST holders, you get 1st option on Mem Cup tix. Of that 3300, us 2900 ST holders are guaranteed ST's again, so anyone who is not a ST holder this year will have to be among the first 400 to buy a ST next season. But I also heard that if they have 1000 ppl looking for the 400 available ST's before they go on sale next summer, its possible they will pull 400 names out of the hat, so to speak.
So anyone who wants to guarantee a mem cup ticket is best to buy ST's this year, it's cheap insurance!!!!

CJSenterprise4
02-06-2009, 10:26 AM
I am not getting Pats season tickets next year anyways so here i come Wheat Kings season tickets ha

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-06-2009, 10:53 AM
I am not getting Pats season tickets next year anyways so here i come Wheat Kings season tickets ha

Glad you can see the light.