PDA

View Full Version : Where is every one?

transplantedbronco
02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
I am at a loss right now. I know there is not alot of news these days out of the Bronco office but where is everyone. We win a game on Saturday night and no one besides Big Ern makes a post? I was without a computer till today so I come on here and nothing? We can only have a discussion if we lose or want to bash the GM/Coach? Maybe I am reading to much into this but just seem stupid to only want to post negative stuff. The team played a game good enough to win and they deserve to hear about it. Cause we all know they read this site just as much as we do. Good luck this weekend boys. Come out flying and hit the teams into next month.

Offsider
02-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Actually had this talk with another fan today how there is a lack of interest from some real Bronco fans including myself .I believe the schedule gods have killed the sprit this year .Only two games in December and long period between home games in January along with the up and down play of the team seems to have killed a lot of interest and excitement .Sorry to say even I being a big fan have not paid much attention the last couple of months and have enjoyed my Sons Pee Wee house league more this year(it cost way more than a Bronco season Ticket) .I do think it has something to do with the schedule this year December was brutal . I think February looks better and if the Boys can start to play consistent like the start of the year it will get better. Only thing that scares me is that if a fan like me feels like missing a few games what about the people that only go to few games a year. I hope they can get it together into the second round of the playoffs because I am probably the only guy that does not want HABBY behind the bench .

Broncs in RD
02-05-2009, 04:24 PM
I actually posted after that game, but since then have been working and coaching, my schedule is what killed my posts and the fact that I got a virus in my computer which only lets me on the internet, when it feels like letting me on.

stick boy
02-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Well with the SuperBowl, Scotties Tournament of Hearts, and plenty of minor hockey going on the Broncos have taken a back seat for a lot of Broncos fans including myself. Pretty hard to get too excited about games against Prince Albert and Moose Jaw for myself. Maybe this weekend will get me back in the mood for WHL hockey

Big Ern
02-05-2009, 10:54 PM
The forum has had a forlorn feeling to it all week long. Myself, I can't say I've lost interest in the club this week or at any point. Minor hockey keeps me in the vicinity of the rink for the most part despite the the WHL scheduling gap in Swift Current. And when around the rink in this town, it's really tough not hear about the team, or see a member of the team, etc.

Starting tomorrow it should heat up again though, with the team taking on Calgary, Red Deer, and then travelling to Saskatoon Sunday.

No doubt tomorrow night will be a huge test for the guys. The Broncos have scored first versus Calgary in all three meetings this year and led by two..even three goals but have come up short in all three.

One thing is for certain...taking unnecessary penalties will NOT be an option with the deadly Hitmen powerplay that proved its lethality again tonight...this time in Medicine Hat where they went 5 for 9 on the man advantage en route to an 8-4 derailing of the Medicine Hat Tigers.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

scbfan
02-06-2009, 09:07 AM
As 0ffsider said been busy with the sons pee wee house games and trying to get a 12 year old focused on more than the T.V and video games(lol).There has been a heck of a gap in the games played here so it was fairly easy to get preoccupied with other commitments!So best of luck to the team this weekend because it's going to be one heck of a test!
GO BRONCOS GO

transplantedbronco
02-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I was just trying to get the ball rolling on some posts and should have worded my post better. But hey it has gotten the ball rolling again. Tonight should be a great contest. We will know where we stand at the end I think. Like Tass has said if we can stay out of the penalty box we have a great shot at winning tonight. GIT R DONE.