PDA

View Full Version : Tips Vs. Hurricanes

Tipped Off
02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Should be fun...
Tips play in Lethbridge next year and no one expects Beach to be back as an O/A in two years so this will probably be the only Visit Beach has to everett as an opponent (unless he's traded again). Here's a tidbit from today's Herald Article...

--------------------
As for Saturday, the big question is what to expect from Beach. His game is built around agitating and getting under the opponent's skin. Many of his best friends play for the Tips, but he also has more dirt on Everett's players than any other team. Is he inclined to use this ammunition, or to spare his friends?

"I played there for three years and I think people know what to expect," Beach said. "I'm going to play my role. Hopefully I'll score some goals. But I'm not going to change my game because it's my old team. The guys know and I know that at the rink it's all business."

And the Tips aren't expecting anything less.

"I expect to hear some things, absolutely, and I think other guys will hear some stuff, too," Harper said with a grin.

Said Everett coach John Becanic: "To say nothing's going to happen, that he's going to come in here and be a choir boy, that's kind of silly to think that.

caniac # 2
02-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Should be interesting how your fans react and how beach play's his last game possibly in everett.

He will probably get an ovasion or one would hope.

go canes go kyle yeehoo

Tipped Off
02-06-2009, 12:10 PM
There are a lot of fans on the Tips board who are planning ot wear their Beach jersey's to the game and stand at the glass where Beach warms up to prior to the game. If he is announced as a starter I think he will get a standing Ovation.

Personally I will not be one of the ones standing, but I know why they feel this way and respect their opinions on Kyle.

old_time_hockey
02-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I hope that if he does take a run at someone or says something dumb and a Tips player challenges him to fight that he turtles like he did in the past. Might just open the eyes of some of the Tips fans that would blindly just to his defence regardless of the facts.

Bocephus
02-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Fyten has another point already tonight. This young man has been on fire!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-07-2009, 12:08 AM
We suck. That loss to the T-Birds was a defensive embarassment. Where the h#ll was the defense. One of the worst games I have ever seen Bennie Wright play. Sbisa was not much better frankly. The WHL website has Wright at minus one but that is flat out wrong. I think he was out there for damn near every goal, and way out of position. Maybe Seattle has to much speed for him. If that is the way this team is gonna play you can kiss the year goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of you might say that Luca coming back has thrown the D off and Bennie has to adjust to playing with him etc etc but I have had enuff of excuses this year. Now that we have all of our players what are we gonna use for excuses. What a mess of a game.

hitmanfan
02-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I wonder if Beach can hear the T'Bird fans now? Guess he hasn't heard of karma.

Bocephus
02-07-2009, 07:29 AM
My thoughts exactly. What a jackass.
Still, Go Canes Go!

NumberOneCaniac
02-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Say what you want 11 games 17 points I think the change did him good

Bocephus
02-07-2009, 11:08 AM
It may have done his game some good but it certainly hasn't changed him.
I doubt that personality will ever change.
Go Canes Go.

NumberOneCaniac
02-07-2009, 11:34 AM
It may have done his game some good but it certainly hasn't changed him.
I doubt that personality will ever change.
Go Canes Go.
I doubt he will change either but maybe that is what the Canes needed..

sbtatter
02-07-2009, 12:07 PM
The bigger question is will the trade for him help the Canes in the playoffs?? None of us can answer that yet......

loudi94
02-07-2009, 12:28 PM
The bigger question is will the trade for him help the Canes in the playoffs?? None of us can answer that yet......
He'll certainly help more than the players we gave up for him. No question about that. The guy I think we miss the most is Chornyko.

sbtatter
02-07-2009, 01:59 PM
He'll certainly help more than the players we gave up for him. No question about that. The guy I think we miss the most is Chornyko.
Well, we won't know that until we see how the TEAM does in the playoffs!! What picks and who did you trade for Beach?

localguy
02-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Did you notice Boychuck swatting his hand away from his ear when he pulled that?

loudi94
02-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, we won't know that until we see how the TEAM does in the playoffs!! What picks and who did you trade for Beach?
Sutherland, Theriau and a first. None of these would have played a role come playoff time.

Tipped Off
02-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Actually it was Iwanski, Theriau and a 1st...but your point is still valid. Beach will help you more in the playoffs than those guys would. I just hope those guys help us more in the playoffs the next couple years.
:)

Iwanski for the 'Canes in 25 games had 3G, 2A, 5PTS....For the Tips in 15 games he has 2G, 8A, 10PTS

Hopefully he can build some confidence and put up those type of numbers all of next year.

moon
02-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Actually it was Iwanski, Theriau and a 1st...but your point is still valid. Beach will help you more in the playoffs than those guys would. I just hope those guys help us more in the playoffs the next couple years.
:)

I wouldn't get my hopes up with Iwanski or Theriau.

If the Tips are relying on them to help the team they are likely not going to be playing any play-off games.

Tipped Off
02-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't say they would be "relying" on. But Theriau looks good for a young D-man and could develop into a 1st or 2nd blue-liner. Anything Iwanski does I think will be a bonus. If he could put up points at his current rate, 10 pts in 15 games, I think that would be acceptable. Then, of course, who knows what the first will net.

To me the trade made sense for both teams and I like what we got for Beach...of course I wasn't a Beach fan, per se, so I know there are a lot of Tips fans who might disagree.

Bocephus
02-07-2009, 11:29 PM
2 points.
Still confused by the decisions being made within this organization. Why were Ashton and Bancks switched lines?
Why did we dress 5 defensmen and 13 forwards?
Why was Ryckman and Castro healthy scratches?
Henke was actually announced as a defensmen?
Anyway, a victory is all that matters and it was a good game to watch.
I wonder if Taylor and Therieu had issues pre-trade that caused their fight.
Did anyone hear the interview with Beach on the Everett broadcast?
Beach said he cried himself to sleep for 10 days after the trade. Is it possible the guy is actually human?

LHF
02-08-2009, 08:10 AM
2 points.
Still confused by the decisions being made within this organization. Why were Ashton and Bancks switched lines?
Why did we dress 5 defensmen and 13 forwards?
Why was Ryckman and Castro healthy scratches?
Henke was actually announced as a defensmen?
Anyway, a victory is all that matters and it was a good game to watch.
I wonder if Taylor and Therieu had issues pre-trade that caused their fight.
Did anyone hear the interview with Beach on the Everett broadcast?
Beach said he cried himself to sleep for 10 days after the trade. Is it possible the guy is actually human?

The hubby and I were saying the same things last night. So confusing why they would play Castro as a forward all year when he's listed as a D-man. Then to actually sit him and play Henke on D, what's up with that? And does anyone know why Benny was sat for the 3rd? I also thought Ashton, Sceviour and Boychuk played really good together, and King, Bancks and Beach played good together, why switch them up? Sure makes a person shake there head... :spineyes:

Derek Sutton
02-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Beach is very well spoken, a good interview but do you think he is serious? It's tough to tell. I personally think he was just playing to the Everett brodcast, theres no way anyone would've said to their new fans. As for the helthy scratches, their play speaks for itself, neither of those two are ready for this league and likely wont see any ice time to speak of down the stretch. It's probably easier on them to watch from the press box then to sit on the bench and and not leave it all game, regarless of the mix (13+5, 12+6). And one more thing, as long as the top tow lines consist of 9, 11, 18, 12, 21, and 7, I'm happy. These 6 should be mixed a little to all play together this time of the year, they are by far the top six so why not see what they can do.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-08-2009, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Bocephus]2 points.
QUOTE]
My question exactly. Bancks and King have done well and have played good together for over a year probably. Ashton and Sceviour appeared to have a lot of chemistry together. As soon as everyone got back from injury/suspension they switched them around. It is not like the 2 lines were together for a few games after everyone returned and did poorly. Very strange in my opinion. Also size wise the top line could use Ashton. Now all the size is on one line. Plus you put your top goal scorer on Kings line and what are you saying to Boychuk............Sorry Zach but you are now the second line.
I am wondering if Benny was benched for poor play. Hard to see that happening when he played like every minute of most of our recent games. He was really bad in the Seattle game though and maybe played poorly in this one also. Could be a nagging injury or fatigue so combined with his possible poor play, they thought they would rest him? Lets hope for a good game tonight. Our defensive struggles worry me against a high flying team like TriCities. Also Metsola has to play better than he has recently. Tonight is the true test of this road trip.

loudi94
02-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Tonight is the true test of this road trip.
3-1 on the trip so far and to be honest, they haven't played 60 minutes. Even if they lose, they've exceeded expectations on the trip. Hopefully they'll start to gel and be firing on all cylinders around the end of the month. This team will be super tough to beat in the first round.

sbtatter
02-08-2009, 02:02 PM
3-1 on the trip so far and to be honest, they haven't played 60 minutes. Even if they lose, they've exceeded expectations on the trip. Hopefully they'll start to gel and be firing on all cylinders around the end of the month. This team will be super tough to beat in the first round.
Shaping up for you to play Med hat in the 1st round, can't wait for McCue to say hello to Beach!!
I think all 4 top seeds will win their 1st round, that'll set you guys up to play calgary 2nd round, not a matchup you want, unlike last season when you had their number....And it'll leave us likely losing to the Blades with super Holtby in net....

loudi94
02-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Shaping up for you to play Med hat in the 1st round, can't wait for McCue to say hello to Beach!!
I think all 4 top seeds will win their 1st round, that'll set you guys up to play calgary 2nd round, not a matchup you want, unlike last season when you had their number....And it'll leave us likely losing to the Blades with super Holtby in net....
McCue can't touch Beach come playoff time. He'll have to answer to King every time. On that note, King has to be ready to play that role. If Beach (or any other team Lethbridge faces for that matter) becomes the Hat's center of attention, they're screwed.

Calgary can be beat. If the Canes best players play like they're capable of..

hitmanfan
02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
McCue might have faired better against King if he hadn't just finished a shift, a fight and got jumped. Never know though.

loudi94
02-08-2009, 03:58 PM
McCue might have faired better against King if he hadn't just finished a shift, a fight and got jumped. Never know though.
I agree. But in the playoffs, you can't take foolish penalties by going after someone like Beach. If Beach decides he wants to stay on the ice- he'll be a force. Chasing after him to settle a perceived score will land you a first round loss. Besides all that silliness should be settled before the playoffs on the 20th and 21st.

sbtatter
02-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I agree. But in the playoffs, you can't take foolish penalties by going after someone like Beach. If Beach decides he wants to stay on the ice- he'll be a force. Chasing after him to settle a perceived score will land you a first round loss. Besides all that silliness should be settled before the playoffs on the 20th and 21st.
A big if isn't it. Already Beach has showboated, causing a brawl and shot the puck into the stands, for a suspension. Can't wait until the Canes are in bdn near the end of Feb, see how Beach handles himself this time, stand up for himself or lie on the ice like a coward again!! It's great to have him in our conference, more chances to watch him wuss out!! Apart from that, i agree, don't wake up King and make him mad, b/c he's a tough one. Same with Wright. And the more you go after Boychuk, the faster he skates, so better to just keep an eye on him and try to contain him rather than slash and pound him....I like the way 99% of your team plays, it's just Beach that I have zero respect for after his antics last time in Bdn.....

loudi94
02-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I like the way 99% of your team plays, it's just Beach that I have zero respect for after his antics last time in Bdn.....

Can't speak for how Beach played while in Everett, but listening to his comments regarding his 2 "big events" while in Lethbridge, I believe he will put winning ahead of his own personal agenda. That's good in theory, but as you said how it will play out is anyone's guess.

sbtatter
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Can't speak for how Beach played while in Everett, but listening to his comments regarding his 2 "big events" while in Lethbridge, I believe he will put winning ahead of his own personal agenda. That's good in theory, but as you said how it will play out is anyone's guess.
And if he does put the team ahead of himself, you guys will have done well in that trade, and you are the team that no one wants in the 1st round!!!!.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Since he has been with the Canes he has played awesome. Second highest points per game in the league:

Zabotel 1.73 ppg
Beach 1.67 ppg
Kane 1.66 ppg
Sonne 1.64 ppg

Nothing to sneeze at but he has to behave somewhat. A bit of trash talkin and such is OK but showboating or hotdoggin, not cool.

OLDSCHOOL
02-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Well here we go again, Sbisa comes back and everyone is thinking championship. Then all of a sudden they lose and everyone starts picking the team apart. Congrats! To the greatest fans in southern alberta. applause