PDA

View Full Version : Game 57-Hitmen 6 at Broncos 3

Hitmen1
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
The finish up their 2 games in 2 night road trip in Speedy Creek tonight. I have always thought that playing in SC has been one of the toughest places to play. The game is on the radio tonight starting tonight at 6 Calgary time.

Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

DunnerStunner
02-06-2009, 02:39 PM
i wonder if Lowry goes with Snider tonight?, or rides Jonesy. Go Hitmen Go

Hitmen1
02-06-2009, 10:00 PM
The Hitmen continue to roll right along. Kyle Bortis with a goal and 3 assists. Sonne with a couple of goals but tonight Paul Postma set a franchise record for defenceman with his goal in 3rd, became the first Hitmen dman to get points in 12 straight games. He tied Kenton Smith for most goals in one season by a dman with 19. Michael Snider picks up the win in his first start since the Bruins roughed him up.

Goonarsk
02-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Man, it's freekin' frustrating playing the Hitmen. They're a great team to begin with, and then when they start getting the calls going their way? Crikey.... I'm not saying the Hitmen had the game handed to them by the officials. Calgary played very well, and it was anyone's game going into the third period. It's just so damn frustrating when you watch your team play to their potential and keep it pretty even for two periods, then watch a slew of mostly bogus penalties and subsequent PP goals blow it open. The 6-3 score was not anywhere near indicative of the play...

Link Dog
02-06-2009, 11:01 PM
The reason that Calgary won was they capitalized on the chances we gave them. Example, the first goal. Broncos have had three good shifts to start the game. Faceoff in the Hitmen end. Calgary puts out the number one line, us the fourth line. The next time we touch the puck is when we pull it out of our net. Broncos battle for two periods staying within one goal entering the third. Not necessarily an undisiplined penalty but an over aggressive penalty by Negrin that sets up a 5-3 that Calgary scores on. Two minutes later Vause takes an over aggressive elbowing penalty and Calgary scores. The only "bogus" or non calls were after the game was no longer in doubt.

Goonarsk
02-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Yeah, bit of a mistake letting out the fourth against their first. I believe Negrin's hit was clean, as I thought Kozun had just passed/touched the puck. I'm on that side of the rinkthough, couldn't really see the play too clearly. Vause's hit wasn't an elbow. Tassonne's first penalty wasn't a trip, and the penalty shot could've been a penalty for slashing but not a penalty shot. Granted, Kozun should never have been allowed to sneak back there in the first place. Rogers... well, I don't know what the heck he was thinking in that situation. IMHO the refs had a great first two periods, but then blew the third.

Flathead
02-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Example, the first goal. Broncos have had three good shifts to start the game. Faceoff in the Hitmen end. Calgary puts out the number one line, us the fourth line..
I noticed that too. We have last change, that's nothing more than a poor coaching decsion. I noticed some irate fan wip his water bottle at the glass right where Dean was standing, in the third period. Things aren't good here.

hitmanfan
02-07-2009, 12:20 AM
I noticed that too. We have last change, that's nothing more than a poor coaching decsion. I noticed some irate fan wip his water bottle at the glass right where Dean was standing, in the third period. Things aren't good here.
Maybe the fan learnt how to throw bottles from Dean and was showing him his moves?

DunnerStunner
02-07-2009, 08:54 AM
wow you speedy creek fans sure are whiners. Stop blaming the officiating and take the loss like a man.

Flathead
02-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Maybe the fan learnt how to throw bottles from Dean and was showing him his moves?
I don't think so lol. Quite sure he had other ideas.

Flathead
02-07-2009, 10:09 AM
wow you speedy creek fans sure are whiners. Stop blaming the officiating and take the loss like a man.
It was horrible but I'm not blaming the refs. Well coached teams find ways to win.

Hitmen1
02-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Not that it was ever in doubt but the Hitmen clinched the central division title last night. applause

Goonarsk
02-09-2009, 08:17 PM

Nah, not blaming the officials. Just letting some frustration out... you think your team might possibly beat the Hitmen then WHAM!!!