PDA

View Full Version : T-Birds & Canes

NumberOneCaniac
02-07-2009, 11:43 AM
A very entertaining game...till the third period. I don't understand why when a team has 4 good lines (Canes) Dyck dosen"t roll all four? We did that last year and look where it got us..to the finals. I want to see more Brody Sutter and Cody Castro and even Garret Taylor. These guys need the ice time or come next year we will be trading these good (not enough icetime) players for someone to fill a whole. Maybe we need a change behind the bench :confused: GO CANES GO!

Bocephus
02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
A very entertaining game...till the third period. I don't understand why when a team has 4 good lines (Canes) Dyck dosen"t roll all four? We did that last year and look where it got us..to the finals. I want to see more Brody Sutter and Cody Castro and even Garret Taylor. These guys need the ice time or come next year we will be trading these good (not enough icetime) players for someone to fill a whole. Maybe we need a change behind the bench :confused: GO CANES GO!
I agree on Taylor. I see something in him that would make me want to give him more icetime. Sutter has been a nice surprise. Perhaps my expectations of him were so low that anything from him seems like a windfall. Castro? Well, I haven't seen him get enough icetime to even form an opinion.
Like I said on a previous post, I think we need to give this team sometime to gel. The lines finally appear to be set for the first time all year so the line juggling should stop. Give this 10 games and I would bet they start to dominate.
Next year? Could be scary bad but if there is one thing in this league that I am finally figuring out it is that players sometimes figure it out without warning. Colin Long is an example. Sometimes it happens as a 17 or sometimes it happens as a 20. Ashton and Chorneyko come to mind.
Each year appears to have no connection to the previous years as players come and go.
Of course, I will probably formulate a different opinion next week. ;)

NumberOneCaniac
02-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Yes they will gel but only if they play all their players. I have seen other teams bring up their rookies and fit them in so when next year starts they are not starting from scratch. I guess that is what good coaches do...confident in what they have now to allow the players they expect to do good next year play and an example Jordan Weal comes to mind

localguy
02-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Yes they will gel but only if they play all their players. I have seen other teams bring up their rookies and fit them in so when next year starts they are not starting from scratch. I guess that is what good coaches do...confident in what they have now to allow the players they expect to do good next year play and an example Jordan Weal comes to mind

So who would you have scratched ot put Taylor in the Line up? I like him too, but there's a lot less room now that we are healthy. Castro should be on the bench as a d-man, not his fault, but he hasn't played the position all year and he's too slow. I would like to see Fyten on the second line, Ashton back on the first, Bancks centering the third, and Hoff centering the fourth with Henke and Sutter. Also the d pairings were all over the place last night, Sbisa and Wright should play together, Yads/Ross and Mestery (when he finally returns), and Ryckman with Yads/Ross. JMO.

NumberOneCaniac
02-07-2009, 03:51 PM
So who would you have scratched ot put Taylor in the Line up? I like him too, but there's a lot less room now that we are healthy. Castro should be on the bench as a d-man, not his fault, but he hasn't played the position all year and he's too slow. I would like to see Fyten on the second line, Ashton back on the first, Bancks centering the third, and Hoff centering the fourth with Henke and Sutter. Also the d pairings were all over the place last night, Sbisa and Wright should play together, Yads/Ross and Mestery (when he finally returns), and Ryckman with Yads/Ross. JMO.
Knowing that the T-Birds had speed we should have had the boys with speed playing. That said Castro would have sat. I really dont know why or the reasoning behind shuffling the lines as Mike has done. Get the lines set and play them as they are then the boys build confidence in knowing who they are playing with on their lines. The same for the defencive pairings keep playing the same pairs. :D

Dannyboy206
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM
The game last night was very exciting and the Sho was rocking. The sho rocking process is new as the locals get use to the excitement here.

It was fun to watch a familiar face in Kyle Beach. Same Kyle, different colored uniform, always entertaining. Although he played well, Kyle seemed bent on celebrating with the T-Birds fans more than his teammates after he scored... it didn't have the desired result?

Last night was probably a career high night for one of the classiest and emminently more likeable players, Greg Scott. Greg had 4 goals, 1 assist and logged his typcal PK minutes with zero complaints. 1st Star by a wide margin, was Greg. vci22 Prab Rai had an awesome night with 5 points, 1 goal. The line of Scott, Rai and Parker is playing in top form. Parker doesn't get much attention, but he is playing equally well as the stars on his line.

I admittedly only watch the T-birds games, and I understand it's a long distance road game for the Hurricanes, but what I observed from the Canes was some individual offensive strengths and a Team defense that looked very wanting. The Hurricanes couldn't get the puck out of their end and the Birds had many more chances than we are used to seeing. Until they fix their own end, I wouldn't fear the Hurricanes in the playoffs - that's my observation. Their games will probably be exciting high scoring affairs as they are tilted defiinately towards offense right now.

How did the game look on TV last night? Anybody watch?

Derek Sutton
02-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I really dont know why or the reasoning behind shuffling the lines as Mike has done. Get the lines set and play them as they are then the boys build confidence in knowing who they are playing with on their lines. The same for the defencive pairings keep playing the same pairs. :DUnless this team wins, Dyck doesn't get a break. If the lines change "he's not letting them gel" or whatever and if he leaves them the same, "He's not coaching, you gotta mix it up if it isn't working". Bottom line is that you can't score four goals and loose, that takes a total team collapse. I can't say if its coaching or not but there seemed to be alot of Rich Sutter around last week.

moon
02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I would like to see Fyten on the second line,

Watching Fyten flub chance after chance is bad enough when they forced fed him PP minutes, I don't think I could stand to watch it all game long if were playing on the second line.