PDA

View Full Version : Rebels 3 @ Broncos 5

Big Ern
02-08-2009, 02:30 AM
First and foremost, apologies for the scarcity in game recaps and the lack thereof today and yesterday. In the process of a move across town, I've lost my high speed internet feed for a while and will miss it terribly until at least tomorrow night. The few details you see below are being posted through mobile internet via PDA.

-the Broncos came out and had a great start against a hard-working and fired up Red Deer squad but despite their early chances, they had to work harder to earn a lead.

-the powerplay finally struck tonight courtesy a tip-in by Taylor Vause, after it failed to score in 22 tries. Is 23 the lucky charm?

-maybe the home team lacked intensity at times, but the bottom line is they found a way to win.

-the turning point in the game could have been either of the two shorthanded goals the Broncos scored tonight.... Those ones are a huge momentum killer or booster.

-Morgan Clark got the well-deserved start in goal and played a good game.

-Red Deer Head Coach Jesse Wallin should probably have been booted from the game or gotten at least a bench minor when he broke a stick to indicate his frustration with the officiating. It was strange...neither referee seemed to notice the whole ordeal.....

-the donnybrook at the end of the game IMO was very disappointing. To see that come up at a time when the game was already decided is bogus IMO....the Broncos will have to face the consequences tomorrow night when they play in Saskatoon. I would expect a couple player suspension notices from the league before this is all over.

Have a great Sunday and expect a more thorough recap tomorrow when I'm back to high speed web. :)

Toswammi
02-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Suspensions Ern?
Red Deer was in a line brawl Friday night as well. And all participants where in the line up Saturday night.

Don't know if you will see any disciplinary actions from that.

Flathead
02-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I personally thought the line brawl a good thing. It showed that this team that sometimes plays with zero emotion, actually has some. And sometimes stuff like that can really bring a team together. And after the shinnanaginns that went on in the dressing room after Fridays game, it's probally something this team needed.
Besides the line brawl the game was not all that exciting and Red Deer played a very good road game and out shot us and out hit us big time, but we found a way to win. We had some healthy scratches and some others that didn't get regular ice time, the guys that did get to play more played very well, like Peddle, Vause, Brown, Hoban,Darragh,and Evans.
Good to get the two points , now lets get two from the Blades!!

Big Ern
02-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Suspensions Ern?
Red Deer was in a line brawl Friday night as well. And all participants where in the line up Saturday night.

Don't know if you will see any disciplinary actions from that.

Just thought the league might lay down the law due to the "multiple fight situation."

smackitsakic
02-08-2009, 10:41 AM
I too saw the post-game fist throwing as a good thing for the team. I had just expressed my disappointment in the Broncos unwillingness to stand up for each other. Kudos to those 5 for fighting for each other, and doing well in those fights as well.

I thought Red Deer looked awful last night, with the exception of #13. The Rebels have a star player in Ferraro. I was very, very impressed with his speed and composure with the puck. He's got a good shot and extremely smart hockey sense. He was all over the place last night, until he got his bell rung in the corner - which brings me to my next point.

Ern, it was impossible for the refs to miss Wallin's rant...It was impossible for the fans to miss his rant with the level of volume he was pumping out of his vocal cords. As a ref, unless someone disagrees, you avoid a coach who has burst his bubble when you know you've missed a call.

I think the reffing was ok last night - not great, but a lot better than all of the fans sitting around me felt it was. I actually had some people around me saying "good, hit him again" when Ferraro was down in the corner in a heap. They seemed to feel that his injury (which turned out to be not serious), was a way of evening up all of the no calls the other way.

Anyway, tough task tonight in Saskatoon. Might have to make a purchase and take it in on the webcast tonight. I call Blades 6-2.

Toswammi
02-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Just thought the league might lay down the law due to the "multiple fight situation."

I can only recall one or two games where we had more than 2 fights in the entire game. So i dunno about that one.

dodywood4ever
02-08-2009, 01:09 PM
What happened in the dressing room after fridays game?

Speedy Broncs
02-08-2009, 02:14 PM
thought the scraps at the end were a good thing for this team. Maybe some of the older so-called tougher guys will take a point from these young guys at the end of the game - hats off to Peddle, Dalecky and Vause for showing some emotion (enjoyed Hewett and Molle getting in on the show as well, but they are more prone to getting 'dirty'.). Maybe this will kick start the team for tonight.

What was with the Rebels captain wailing on Dalecky when Dalecky was done and on the ice?

ointhecreek
02-08-2009, 03:56 PM
What was with the Rebels captain wailing on Dalecky when Dalecky was done and on the ice?
Yes, big tough Archer picks out our 5'10" euro to scrap with and punches him when he's laying on the ice. Not to classy. Peddle scraps pretty good for a small rookie, along with Vause. Finally got to see Hewett chuck 'em and loved the way Molle tuned up Egner. Glad I stuck around to the end, had a feeling Rebels were going to start something.

CrazyGeorge
02-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Does anyone have a video perhaps of the line brawl? Haven't seen anything on youtube...yet.

sbtatter
02-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Yes, big tough Archer picks out our 5'10" euro to scrap with and punches him when he's laying on the ice. Not to classy. Peddle scraps pretty good for a small rookie, along with Vause. Finally got to see Hewett chuck 'em and loved the way Molle tuned up Egner. Glad I stuck around to the end, had a feeling Rebels were going to start something.
Rebels were much the same in bdn in the 3rd on Tuesday, just trying to start scraps once the game was out of reach. Cowan hit Schenn from behind into the boards, before Schenn had a chance to get up Calvert jumped in and fought Cowan. Then in the 3rd the Rebels were trying to get at Schenn, he found Cowan in the corner and dropped the gloves, pretty good tilt, nice to see our best player look after himself, something that ferraro can't do....

FireDeanFanClub
02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Like other people on the site - I agree that the line brawl was probably a good thing for the team to show some emotion like that and hopefully bring them together more as a team.

However, I have to wonder why Peddle, Vause, and Dalecky were on @ the end of the game in a situation like that to begin with. Why would Dean put out three of our smallest players in such a physical, poorly reffed game such as that. The recipe was set for some shenannigans after the Broncos put the game away, yet Dean puts those players on the ice.

I don't get it, although I hear the did fairly well, especially Peddle. But, if there was ever a time to put Liam Darragh or perhaps Brown on the ice, then that was probably it.
vc124

ointhecreek
02-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh, they did really well. The only one that lost imo was Dalecky and that can be expected. Molle beat the crap out of Egner but they both dropped gloves and helmets at center ice and Hewitt won by a margin also. Peddle was a machine, just pumpin' his guy. I think the young guys were showing the older guys what needed to be done.

hitmanfan
02-08-2009, 05:47 PM
At least the refs let you win against Red Deer! That was nice :spineyes:

Link Dog
02-08-2009, 06:49 PM
hitmanfan At least the refs let you win against Red Deer! That was nice
Lmao! Apparently the blue shaded glasses were left at home last night. Actually the reffing sucked both ways, no control at all by the stripes. You could see scraps coming as soon as the end result was not in doubt.

ointhecreek
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
At least the refs let you win against Red Deer! That was nice :spineyes:
At least the refs missed calls on both sides last night, since Calgary wasn't here. :D

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
In case anyone wants to watch it again, here's the line brawl from the end of the game. Found it on Youtube this afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwmixOYAxk

SectionNDeserter
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Had to laugh when the announcer stated that the Molle/Egener fight was the 'Heavyweight' bout. About half of the imports that Red Deer has had over the years have been in more fights than Egener!

Toswammi
02-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Had to laugh when the announcer stated that the Molle/Egener fight was the 'Heavyweight' bout. About half of the imports that Red Deer has had over the years have been in more fights than Egener!

Nah that was just the most "heavyweight" of the 5 fights i guess.

Scout
02-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Truth be known Molle does not fight much either, but when he does he can chuck them and goes like a well oil piston. The may not fight much but when he does he can go.

Scout

Viper40
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I know someone already asked, with no reply....so again, What happened in the dressing room????