PDA

View Full Version : Tri City / Leth

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Just what we don't need against a high octane fast group of fowards. Ben Wright is out with a slight injury. Tri is the type of team you better have your top Dmen ready to go. Also no Mestery so Yads and Ross are gonna have to eat up a ton of minutes and hopefully Juha is hot.

grainbear
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I am fed up with our coach's, why have players like Castro or Ryckman when you keep them on the bench. We can not expect our top 4 to play 30 minutes a game this is simply stupid. I understand that Ben and Eric are injured but why carry extra d-men if you only give the a shift or two a game that is a waste. I would much rather see them get the experience and if they make mistake that what learning is about .You have to make better use of players than that. If we lose because of a mistake by them so be it .Just like the Flyers in the big league you don,t get better be not playing in game situations. End of second period with 3 games in 3 nights and we stick with basically 4 d-men no wonder we are loosing despite our penalty parade.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-08-2009, 09:03 PM
This team is cursed. Just when we are getting healthy and getting a full roster, Wright gets hurt. Mestery is hurt and now Dwight King gets tossed out of the game on his very first shift. So again 3 of our top players out. I think King will get another game automatically also for a boarding major.

Stay-Puft
02-09-2009, 01:49 PM
There might also be a suspension coming from the coach. Here's a quote from the local paper: "(Referee) Matt Kirk gave them every opportunity to get off to a good start," said Lethbridge coach Michael Dyck, whose team is sitting sixth in the Eastern Conference standings. "When you are short-handed 10 of 20 minutes to start the game, you lose momentum. We knew they had a lot of speed and skill -- we knew this would be a tough game." http://www.tri-cityherald.com/1358/story/472937.html

There may be another one for Castro, who left the bench during the late fist-a-cuffs in the 3rd. Not sure why he did. Sutter (6'3") and Shinnimin (5'9") was pretty even and Versteeg and Macek under control, but he jumped anyway.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Your the first one to say Castro came off the bench. If he did we are screwed as that is the second time someone comes off the bench to join a fight. Dyck will get like 10 games if Castro came off the bench.

caniac # 2
02-09-2009, 02:37 PM
If he did we are screwed as that is the second time someone comes off the bench to join a fight. Dyck will get like 10 games if Castro came off the bench.

This could be good news, maybe the team will start winning on a consistent level which is what we need going into the stretch. (hello rich sutter, wishful thinking on my part perhaps)

go canes go

dondo
02-09-2009, 03:33 PM
There might also be a suspension coming from the coach. Here's a quote from the local paper: "(Referee) Matt Kirk gave them every opportunity to get off to a good start," said Lethbridge coach Michael Dyck, whose team is sitting sixth in the Eastern Conference standings. "When you are short-handed 10 of 20 minutes to start the game, you lose momentum. We knew they had a lot of speed and skill -- we knew this would be a tough game." http://www.tri-cityherald.com/1358/story/472937.html

lol -- its funny cause its true -- Kirk can do that and has -- its why he's still the worst ref in the dub imo... don't know how the game went so I don't know Lethbridge were being lazy taking penalties, but I can just see Kirk calling ticky tack stuff on one team, usually he waits until the third to bog everything down with excess penalties though ;)

AMSRocker
02-09-2009, 05:22 PM

There may be another one for Castro, who left the bench during the late fist-a-cuffs in the 3rd. Not sure why he did. Sutter (6'3") and Shinnimin (5'9") was pretty even and Versteeg and Macek under control, but he jumped anyway.

But then I was locked on the tilt that was in full swing. vc119 vc119

hitmanfan
02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
:D They are going to have to start chain linking in the Canes bench soon.

amsfan05
02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
i don't know how you think castro left the bench..... he was just trying to be a 3rd man in but he was already on the ice. #8 for the canes was giving macek the business and macek finally turned around and dropped the gloves. macek had the kid on his knees and was feeding him upercuts. castro, who was the other d-man on the ice, came to bail out his teamate but he was clearly on the ice as he came skating from the penalty box area to join the scrum. Too bad the big ogre couldn't out wrestle the linesman, i couldn't help but laugh as the little linesman Michelbrook had castro pinned to the boards. Castro was trying and trying to get away and couldnt.

as far as dyck's comments to the herald on kirk..... the guy has to be an idiot if he felt kirk took away lethbridge's chances in the game. overall the powerplays favored the canes, but in the first thetr was the major to start the game that that kirk HAD to call. it was just an ugly hit from behind you can't let go. aside from that penalties we're actually even for the period, in face he even prevented McIntosh from jumping Beach after a hit and motioned the linesmen to step in before any punches came. the difference was we got a SH goal and a PP goal (2/2 PK w 1 goal and 1/3 PP for the ams in the period).

Frankly Lethbridge did not impress me with their play. I know the 'canes were tired and what not but the ams also had 3 games in 3 nights. For all the hype of the draft picks and Beach and blah blah blah. I was expecting the ams to get dominated. the game was closer than the score indicates though, ams had tons of blocked shots to keep the canes off the board.

Stay-Puft
02-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Can someone look it up in the archives? I don't want to put out bad information. I counted 5 Canes, not including the goalie, on the ice during the middle of the event and the Ams had a power play. Maybe I'm seeing things too.

Big Torro
02-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Can someone look it up in the archives? I don't want to put out bad information. I counted 5 Canes, not including the goalie, on the ice during the middle of the event and the Ams had a power play. Maybe I'm seeing things too.

The power play was over from the empty net goal.

amsfan05
02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
The canes only had 4 on the ice, i did just check archives for you. However, Castro was the one who Macek was originally tied up with. Macek was absolutely pounding Castro, had him on his knees feeding him uppercuts. Versteeg was the 3rd man in, it didn't get called though. Watching the archive it looks as if Castro never had his gloves off (hence him only getting 10). but castro definitely was on the ice already.

Stay-Puft
02-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Sorry about that misinfo. I think I need a new prescription on my glasses.

The Ams were on a power play though from the Orfino penalty that was after the empty netter.

NumberOneCaniac
02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Well I agree we didn't play Hurricane Hockey. The fact that we played 3 games in 3 nights with 4-D men is just crazy. How can we win against good teams ( the Ams have a good fast team) with 3 fowards and 2 d-men sitting the bench. We also have to adjust our system of play. It seems everyone in the league knows we cycle down deep then work back to the blue line but the other teams are waiting for us. I don"t see many of the others teams playing that system continually. I sure see the other teams with men in front of the net though. GO CANES GO......

shushu
02-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I am fed up with our coach's, ................. why carry extra d-men if you only give the a shift or two a game that is a waste. I would much rather see them get the experience and if they make mistake that what learning is about .You have to make better use of players than that. If we lose because of a mistake by them so be it ..

with the pack being so tight dyck cant afford to play the youngsters alot...if by some chance this team misses the playoffs or makes a quick exit from round one with this much talent, mr dyck might be handed his hat and sent on his way............it hard to get a good read on our coaching staff weather they are the group to lead this team now or in the future....if there not, this year is one big waste of talent....................

caniac # 2
02-10-2009, 09:32 AM
:D They are going to have to start chain linking in the Canes bench soon.

right after the game march 15th against calgary at home. ha ha ha :evil:

GO CANES GO