PDA

View Full Version : Blades get screwed by the WHL office...

Trav
02-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Pattersson gets suspended one game for the hit on Molle but Molle gets up and starts a fight with Chorneyko and gets friggin nothing. What a bunch of BS.

I hope Molle gets his ASS kicked next game by whoever and whoever hands out the suspension should be friggin fired. Complete BS.

SectionNDeserter
02-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Players get suspensions for fighting now? I have seen a number of them suspended for CFB this season, but aside from leaving the bench to fight, I don't recall anyone ever getting suspended for fighting.

Trav
02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
if Molle wasn't seriously injured then it obviously wasn't that bad of a hit and no reason to suspend Patterson.

If players go and attack players for no reason then they should be suspended for that.

SectionNDeserter
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
The league doesn't (and shouldn't) penalize the hit based on whether someone got injured or not, but rather the severity and how careless/premeditated it might be. If Molle were seriously hurt, he probably would have gotten 4-6 games for it. Players that check from behind should be happy to only get one game suspensions.

And just to clarify, getting drilled dangerously face-first into the boards wouldn't be categorized as "no reason" to fight in most people's books.

Flathead
02-09-2009, 07:02 PM
The league doesn't (and shouldn't) penalize the hit based on whether someone got injured or not, but rather the severity and how careless/premeditated it might be. If Molle were seriously hurt, he probably would have gotten 4-6 games for it. Players that check from behind should be happy to only get one game suspensions.

And just to clarify, getting drilled dangerously face-first into the boards wouldn't be categorized as "no reason" to fight in most people's books.
Good post, cfb needs to be taken out of the game.

Trav
02-09-2009, 07:07 PM
he was called for boarding, not checking from behind.

Fight Guy
02-09-2009, 07:15 PM
They both are pretty much the same thing now. There isn't a clear cut call on the situation anymore. I have seen several instances where a penalty should have been checking from behind, but boarding was the call, or even boarding when it was clearly a direct hit from behind. I'm sure the video they saw would have done the deciding for them.

I do agree that it is garbage that a player plays hurt then gets into after the penalty is called. Regina had to deal with is numerous time when Tootoo came to town.

CJSenterprise4
02-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Same as when Leffler pounded someone into the boards last year and got supsended in the playoffs and Eberle for a game..that was a complete joke.

Plus the Blades got ripped off a goal the game should have been tied anyways.

ointhecreek
02-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Yes, it's all just a conspiracy. Us against the world.

Dogstink
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Don't you folks in Saskatoon know that every household in Swift Current has a red phone with a direct line to the League office... lol

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Yep it was all complete B.S,the Blades did get screwed over and that tying goal should have counted but the way the game went it seemed like the ref wanted to spoil the resent success that the Blades were having. If the Blades do manage to hold on to top spot in the East Division then this situation will not matter. I hope something like this does not happen again in the WHL but I think that it will happen. :( I hope the officiating is much better on Tuesday night.

ointhecreek
02-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Get it together guys, for crying out loud. All the conspiracy theory's are starting to sound familiar. Feel happy You're having a great year sitting on top. Sounding like you're getting a little paranoid.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-09-2009, 10:38 PM
I am still happy that the Blades are on top of the East but with other teams fighting for there lives and doing whatever it takes to win,I am worried about injuries cause the Blades only have 12 forwards and 7 defencemen. I do not even want to think of what would happen if the Blades ran into injury trouble!!!!

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
A lot of crying going on. You guys going to be alright in Toon town?

When you bowl over a goaltender and he's 4 feet to the left of the goal and you score on a open net, do you actually think it's going to count? My lord collect yourselves here for a minute and rejoice. haha

Tidball
02-09-2009, 10:49 PM
A lot of crying going on. You guys going to be alright in Toon town?

When you bowl over a goaltender and he's 4 feet to the left of the goal and you score on a open net, do you actually think it's going to count? My lord collect yourselves here for a minute and rejoice. haha

Thats twisting the story a bit. Yonkers was down in his own crease. Inglis was driven in Yonkers by a Bronco player. Thats the main reason the Blades fans are upset. Had Inglis ran into Yonkers on his owned doing then i wouldve agreed with the no goal call. clrkthj

Link Dog
02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I think in the course of a year, the calls will come close to evening out for each team. A lot of Bronco fans think we got screwed out of a chance to win against Calgary by officiating and then two nights later we get the benefit of a call that helps to a victory for us. Even steven.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Thats twisting the story a bit. Yonkers was down in his own crease. Inglis was driven in Yonkers by a Bronco player. Thats the main reason the Blades fans are upset. Had Inglis ran into Yonkers on his owned doing then i wouldve agreed with the no goal call. clrkthj

That's hockey though and it's all how you take it. It's understandable to be upset about a call, but it's doesn't need to go to this extreme and it happens to every team. It's 1 loss and I'm sure that the Blades will rebound fine. They are a resilient team and adversity happens throughout 72 games; it's expected.

CrazyGeorge
02-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Move on from this eh? Is your little rant going to change what the league has decided?

wango tango
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
should the goal have counted. maybe. did the blades get screwed by the refs. no. they didn't play well enough to win. the ref card is a weak one to play. period.

as to pattersons suspension. it's one game, and i have a feeling molle's getting up, after acting like he'd been shot, and trying to start a fight will probably be a motivator for the blades next game between them and the broncos. it'll be the eighth and final, unless they meet in the playoffs, and should be a dandy.