PDA

View Full Version : King & Versteeg get 1 game suspension

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
For actions in the TriCity game:

Date Player/Coach Team Description
02/10/09 Dwight King Lethbridge One game for cfb major and g.m. at Tri-Cities on February 8.
02/10/09 Mitch Versteeg Lethbridge One game for actions during altercation at Tri-Cities on February 8.

So Friday we again have at least 2 of our top players missing. This season continues to look like a 3 ring circus. We will see if Wright and/or Mestery are back. So who will miss Saturday's game? Gotta be somebody or things won't seem "normal" around here.

DunnerStunner
02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
nice to see your team getting the suspensions, keep it up.

Go Hitmen Go

caniac # 2
02-10-2009, 03:57 PM

Go Hitmen Go

Not really and I know you're just trying to get us fired up , sometimes (not very often) I wished we were situated in Calgary the home of the WHL and maybe the suspensions would be non existent or wouldnt happen. ahhhhhh who am i kidding.

Dont forget PLAYOFFS are a whole NEW SEASON and although the hitmen have done exceptionally well this year, it doesnt matter when playoff's start, chat with you then !! :laugh:

GO CANES GO

NumberOneCaniac
02-10-2009, 09:22 PM

Go Hitmen Go
Yes we are getting them...means our guys stickup for each other. What also is surprising is all the attention the Canes have been getting lately as I see most of the talk on WHL Fans is about Lethbridge...we must be doing something GOOD................GO CANES GO! :thumb:

hitmanfan
02-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Our guys stick up for each other, we just don't leave the bench to do it. And most on the talk has been about the Sean Avery of the dub.

loudi94
02-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Our guys stick up for each other, we just don't leave the bench to do it. And most on the talk has been about the Sean Avery of the dub.
You're getting worried about the Canes derailing "Team Destiny" aren't you? I'd be worried too if I were you. I think there's one team that can take out Calgary this spring and "Sean Avery" may lead the way.

HAF
02-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes we are getting them...means our guys stickup for each other. What also is surprising is all the attention the Canes have been getting lately as I see most of the talk on WHL Fans is about Lethbridge...we must be doing something GOOD................GO CANES GO! :thumb:

7 out of the last 10 registrations have been Canes fans...... Did your guys Network 54 forum go belly up or something? I'm not complaining, I'll take growth where I can get it. It just has struck me as odd.

hitmanfan
02-11-2009, 06:52 AM
You're getting worried about the Canes derailing "Team Destiny" aren't you? I'd be worried too if I were you. I think there's one team that can take out Calgary this spring and "Sean Avery" may lead the way.
No, I'm not worried. There are many teams that could do. And Kyle "Avery" is way to self centered, coach has no control of players. And who said we were team Destiny. When we play our game were tough to beat, when we don't we lose to Chilliwack.

caniac # 2
02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
7 out of the last 10 registrations have been Canes fans...... Did your guys Network 54 forum go belly up or something? I'm not complaining, I'll take growth where I can get it. It just has struck me as odd.

one word sums it up "passion" for the game oh and one more thing comes to mind......... playoffs are around the corner. :thumb:

Yes the playoffs are around the corner. But last time I checked there were sixteen teams out of 22 headed there. That still doesn't tell me why so many Canes fans are showing up all at once. Like I said before, I'm not complaining at all, it's just a little strange.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Not sure why so many Canes fans are showing up but something has happened here in Lethbridge. Our last 2 or 3 home games have been the largest crowds we have had in years. Standing room only pretty much was full as were all of the seats. It started when we got Beach and then the King fight. One or both of these things have made the Canes a Hot Ticket.

Oilersguy
02-11-2009, 01:42 PM

I suppose when Getzlaf was doing all of the stupid things that Beach does now, the Hitmen fans thought it was great, same with fans of Jordin Tootoo. They can be hated by everyone else but their own fans, if not, they're not doing their job.

hitmanfan
02-11-2009, 01:57 PM
To compare Beach and Tootoo to Getz is wrong. Geztlaf never dove, I don't recall seeing Ryan with a broken beak. Sure he took some bad penalties of the hooking and holding variety, and we were p#ssed when he did it. Not to mention that Getzlaf had a fraction of the penalty minutes of Beach and Tootoo. But that was probably becasue the WHL office in is Calgary.

caniac # 2
02-11-2009, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=hitmanfan]To compare Beach and Tootoo to Getz is wrong. Geztlaf never dove, I don't recall seeing Ran with a broken beak. Sure he took some bad penalties of the hooking and holding variety, and we were p#ssed when he did it. Not to mention that Getzlaf had a fraction of the penalty minutes of Beach and Tootoo. But that was probably becasue the WHL office in is Calgary.

now you're catching on.....LOL LOL he he he ha ha ha.

hitmanfan
02-11-2009, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=hitmanfan]To compare Beach and Tootoo to Getz is wrong. Geztlaf never dove, I don't recall seeing Ran with a broken beak. Sure he took some bad penalties of the hooking and holding variety, and we were p#ssed when he did it. Not to mention that Getzlaf had a fraction of the penalty minutes of Beach and Tootoo. But that was probably becasue the WHL office in is Calgary.

now you're catching on.....LOL LOL he he he ha ha ha.
To quote Wanda from Corner Gas: "POW". You got me

DunnerStunner
02-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Not sure why so many Canes fans are showing up but something has happened here in Lethbridge. Our last 2 or 3 home games have been the largest crowds we have had in years. Standing room only pretty much was full as were all of the seats. It started when we got Beach and then the King fight. One or both of these things have made the Canes a Hot Ticket.

the canes are like the Charlestown Chiefs of the dub, better put on the foil

DunnerStunner
02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Not really and I know you're just trying to get us fired up , sometimes (not very often) I wished we were situated in Calgary the home of the WHL and maybe the suspensions would be non existent or wouldnt happen. ahhhhhh who am i kidding.

Dont forget PLAYOFFS are a whole NEW SEASON and although the hitmen have done exceptionally well this year, it doesnt matter when playoff's start, chat with you then !! :laugh:

GO CANES GO

theres no reason to call me dummer, i was just stating a point

caniac # 2
02-11-2009, 05:27 PM
theres no reason to call me dummer, i was just stating a point

charlestown chiefs ??? .........too funny .... vci34 ........... what is your point then on your latest quote .............. bring on Reggie Dunlop and the Hansens brothers........this is the funniest one i've seen yet............and they are selling tickets ........applause

Derek Sutton
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Well Med Hat always brings out the "real" fans and there was unused ticket exchange night so that usually fills the place as well. It could be that they are all coming because of the great promotions they're running, we could all use a $10 gift certifacate. Whatever the reason it's nice to see no matter how many are at the game 3/4 of them still start to leave once the 50/50 has been drawn, keep up the good work folks.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Well Med Hat always brings out the "real" fans and there was unused ticket exchange night so that usually fills the place as well. It could be that they are all coming because of the great promotions they're running, we could all use a $10 gift certifacate. Whatever the reason it's nice to see no matter how many are at the game 3/4 of them still start to leave once the 50/50 has been drawn, keep up the good work folks.
Sorry but the Hat game was our second smallest crowd in our last 6 home games. (3979) Since that game we have had 4400, 5264, and 5336. The 4400 was for P.G., not a huge fan draw. The 5264 was on a Wednesday and yes was season ticket exchange night, but the other 2 season tick exchange nights only drew about 3200-3500. Therefore I stand by my claim that the Hat game, along with all the chatter about Beach has really perked everyone's interest. The 5200 and 5300 crowds are the largest regular season crowds in a long long time. I would bet in years.