PDA

View Full Version : Bowling is my activity

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-17-2005, 10:13 PM
I like bowling and I am involved in a YBC Saturday morning league and I love it. here are many good reasons why 5 pin bowling is fun but ten pin bowling is fun also but I prefer 5 pin. Does anyone else follow or participate in this sport?

Rebels_chick
04-18-2005, 03:34 PM
bowling is fun. I usually thrash my friends ;) .

smackitsakic
04-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Lately i've been bowling rather frequently. For no apparant reason i picked up the ball one day and was pretty good, compared to what i'm used to with the pins anyway. I go once every other week on average probably. Average score in the last few months is probably 210ish. It's not professional level but hey i'll take it. (Always 5 pin, never 10. No access to 10 pin lanes).

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Last saturday I bowled a score of 241 in 5 pin in my 1st of 3 games,and considering that it starts at 11:45 AM and I was late getting to the bowling alley. I think that I did pretty well. I have never bowled a perfect game (a score of 450 in 5 pin) this is as close as I have been to that score,well I will have to try again in the new year.(and hopefully that will be a good thing :) )

J23
12-22-2005, 04:13 PM
I like bowling and I am involved in a YBC Saturday morning league and I love it. here are many good reasons why 5 pin bowling is fun but ten pin bowling is fun also but I prefer 5 pin. Does anyone else follow or participate in this sportÉ My computer will not let me type a question Mark so É actally mean a question mark.
I used to be a YBC bowler on good ol' Saturday mornings. I bowled for 13 years, went to nationals once and provincials a few times. Always had a good time, met alot of good people. I even got my own bowling balls for my birthday one year - pink ones - I thought they were the coolest thing EVER. I still go bowling with my friends from time to time but I kick their butts every time we go so they don't like going with me too much anymore. LOL.

Blades 4 Life!
01-07-2006, 10:43 PM
I was bowling with GoBladesGo BLEED BLUE for about a month of so. The Very first time i joined i did pretty good since i bowled once every year. But every time i went my score go worse. the lowest my score was at the end was 100 and GoBladesGo BLEED BLUE got 241. So thats why i quit. But i still bowl sometimes.

langdak
01-08-2006, 12:20 AM
I used to be a YBC bowler on good ol' Saturday mornings. I bowled for 13 years, went to nationals once and provincials a few times. Always had a good time, met alot of good people. I even got my own bowling balls for my birthday one year - pink ones - I thought they were the coolest thing EVER. I still go bowling with my friends from time to time but I kick their butts every time we go so they don't like going with me too much anymore. LOL.

Well i dont admit this to a lot of people, but here goes.

I bowled YBC (5pin) for 14 yrs down here in the Lower Mainland

I went to Nationals 3 times (89 in Regina, 93 in Hamilton, and 98 in Maple Ridge), went to Provincials 4 times.

In my last couple years of YBC i also bowled adult leagues then continued for 3 more years after YBC, but had to pack it in because of shift work at the time.

It was a really enjoyable time, i know a lot of people laugh at the "sport" but i really enjoyed it and still miss it to this day.

Maybe i will drag my ass back into it one day.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I ended up with a average of 144,a high single game of 243 and a high triple of 538.

I had the highest average on my team,we did not win any team awards,I did not win any individual awards(that does not matter though)

I hope that I am on a better team next season (this fall)

Now all I can do is go bowl 2 games per day during the summer for free to help improve my game.