PDA

View Full Version : Game 58 @ Regina

Scout
02-11-2009, 01:55 PM
WEDNESDAY'S GAME: The Swift Current Broncos travel to Regina for the third time this season.

After this game, these two teams will still meet 3 more times including a home and home to end the regular season...Tonight is game 2 of 5 straight against East Division opponents for the Broncos...They are coming off a 2-1 win in Saskatoon on Sunday night...The game wrapped up 3 games in as many nights for Swift Current...The Broncos have two straight wins over-all and have won 3 of their last 4 games on the road...Matt Tassone and Taylor Vause scored for the Broncos on Sunday, as Vause scored the game winner on a power-play...It was the second consecutive game he has a power-play, game winning goal...Travis Yonkman picked up the win in goal making 22 saves en route to his 18th win on the year...The Broncos outshot the Blades 30-23...It was the third straight game the Broncos held their opponents to under 30 shots against... Saskatoon was 0-6 on the power-play while the Broncos were 1 for 3.

NUMBERS: Keegan Dansereau leads the Broncos with 60 points...Dansereau has 15 goals and 33 points in his last 24 games...Dansereau has points in 9 of his last 11 games, tallying 14 points in that span...He also leads the team with 17 multi-point games on the season and points on the road with 30 points in 24 games...Dansereau is 9th in the WHL in goals with 30 and leads the WHL in power-play goals with 17...Dansereau also leads the team in plus/minus with a +27 rating, he is +11 in his last 7 games…Matt Tassone leads the team with 32 goals...He has 25 goals in his last 33 games...Tassone is tied for 6th in WHL goal scoring...Tassone has points in 8 of his last 9 games…Eric Doyle leads the team with 36 assists and is tied for 5th in scoring for WHL defensemen with 48 points…John Negrin is tied for 9th in the WHL for defensemen scoring with 43 points, he has 11 points in 10 games as a Bronco including points in 4 of his last 5 games…Geordie Wudrick has 9 goals and 17 points in his last 14 games and he has points in 3 of his last 4 games...Michael Stickland has 12 points in 12 games as a Bronco…The Broncos have not been shut-out in a league best 136 straight games…Taylor Vause leads all rookies for Swift Current with 24 points on the season, he has the game winning goal in 2 straight games (both on the power-play).

ON THE ROAD: The Broncos are 15-13-1 on the road and 8-5-1 versus the East Division on the road.

REGULAR SEASON VS. Regina: Tonight is the 5th of 8 meetings between the Pats and Broncos this season...Swift Current leads the series with a 3-1 record...The Broncos have won 3 straight games against the Pats this season: Jan. 9 - SC 5 at Reg. 3; Dec. 28 - Reg. 1 at SC 7; Nov. 21 - Reg. 1 at SC 4; Nov. 9 - SC 1 at Reg. 5...Geordie Wudrick leads the Broncos with 5 points in 4 games with the Pats this season.

MILESTONES: Keegan Dansereau is 4 games shy of 300 for his career…John Negrin is 2 assists shy of 100 for his career…Brad Hoban is 1 game shy of 100 for his career...Matt Tassone is 6 points shy of 100 for his career…Cody Eakin is 6 games shy of 100 for his career…Joel Rogers is 6 games shy of 100 for his career…Mike Brown is 7 games shy of 100 for his career.

SPECIAL TEAMS: The Broncos power-play is 51 for 273, 18.7% (13th) and the penalty kill is 81.4%, giving up 53 goals on 285 tries (8th).

ROSTER: The Broncos roster currently consists of 23 players...The team has 3 – 20 year old players, 6 – 19 year old players, 7 – 18 year old players, 6 – 17 year old players, and 1 – 16 year old player.

UPCOMING GAMES: The Broncos head to Prince Albert on Friday before returning home to play the Blades on Saturday and the Wheat Kings on Tuesday.

DRAFTED BRONCOS: John Negrin (Calgary ’07)…Ryan Molle (New Jersey ‘07)…Matt Tassone (Dallas ’08)...Geordie Wudrick (LA ’08)…Morgan Clark (Vancouver ’08).

Scout

Link Dog
02-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Best part of the game..........Dudas -3.

Flathead
02-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Best part of the game..........Dudas -3.
Ouch!! And we won and it was the Pats!! Lets keep it going guys.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Regina Pats- THE SKY'S THE LIMIT! Or is that the basement?

Link Dog
02-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Twice as nice. PA beats MH in ot. Good for us, bad for the pats!

ointhecreek
02-11-2009, 09:53 PM
DUDE A S S ....DUDE A S S......DUDE A S S.... YOU SUCK! haha haha haha

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
You guys are bragging after that game? Just because the broncos won doesnt mean they played well. They gave the pats ample opportunity to win the game a few times, your just lucky we kind of suck right now. vc124

Teubert put on quite a show though (...). It was an exciting game overall though I am disappointed with the result. Losing 15 of the last 20 games can wear on you...

And Dudas wasnt that bad overall either. The only reason he was -3 is because he was paired with Teubert much of the time. Infact, at times he make a few of the broncos look silly. He reminds me of a slower Nick Ross.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-11-2009, 10:27 PM
You guys are bragging after that game? Just because the broncos won doesnt mean they played well. They gave the pats ample opportunity to win the game a few times, your just lucky we kind of suck right now. vc124

Teubert put on quite a show though (...). It was an exciting game overall though I am disappointed with the result. Losing 15 of the last 20 games can wear on you...

And Dudas wasnt that bad overall either. The only reason he was -3 is because he was paired with Teubert much of the time. Infact, at times he make a few of the broncos look silly. He reminds me of a slower Nick Ross.

Right now...

Pat Canadians > Regina Pats

Also they didn't have to play good..they knew they weren't up against anything relevant.

ointhecreek
02-11-2009, 10:38 PM

I don't think anyone's bragging. We're just always happy when we beat the Pats. dancing pi And make up your mind..either Tuebert "put on a show" or Dudeass sucked because he was paired with Tuebert. And I think you know why most fans are hard on Dudeass. I was one of his biggest fans until he got a fat head.

nivek_wahs
02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't think anyone's bragging. We're just always happy when we beat the Pats. dancing pi And make up your mind..either Tuebert "put on a show" or Dudeass sucked because he was paired with Tuebert. And I think you know why most fans are hard on Dudeass. I was one of his biggest fans until he got a fat head.For tonight.... I agree with the bolded statement. He hasn't looked good recently especially the last 2 games (maybe due to him being gun-shy after KO-ing Jung with a slapshot).

Swift took advantage of mistakes and buried their chances. Pats had a lot of shots on net but many were feeble attempts. I have no excuses for the Pats recent swoon and say what you will... I may just have to agree with you.

nivek_wahs
02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Right now...

Pat Canadians > Regina Pats

Also they didn't have to play good..they knew they weren't up against anything relevant. Not quite. But I'm starting to think that they would give the Pats a run for their money.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-11-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm kidding though, I'd rather see Regina in the post season than P.A.

Scout
02-12-2009, 06:48 AM
I was wondering what the talk is around Regina on your selection of coaches. When we passed over Habscheid for head coach there was alot of irate fans and there still is. The Pats did the same and passed over a proven coach who has a proven record in the league. Is there any talk around there that maybe Parker made a mistake in his choice?

Scout