PDA

View Full Version : What will they accomplish....

Tinner
01-19-2005, 01:11 PM
...at today's meeting between the adversaries in the NHL lockout. Will this meeting spur on talks between the 2 main men or will this confirm to the players that the season is over.

Certainly this type of meeting can't hurt, but can it be the catalyst for continued talks that may lead to a part season.

Orv
01-19-2005, 02:19 PM
I voted for the Players because if they want to play they have to start talks. I voted this way because a lot of the owners are losing less money without a season that the would if they were playing. So why should the owners be in a hurry to get a deal done.

grumphy
01-19-2005, 02:19 PM
...at today's meeting between the adversaries in the NHL lockout. Will this meeting spur on talks between the 2 main men or will this confirm to the players that the season is over..

I'm sorry to say but I think the writing is on the wall in BLOCK LETTERS

The_Vulk
01-19-2005, 03:16 PM
I find it strange that the players were still in shock that the owners did not accept their temporary pay-cut deal.

The key word is temporary, as Hockey Central said, that deal the players would have gotten their 24% cut back in 24 months.

The system the players want to stay with does not work for the health of the league, or to competition.

I just hope this informal get together without the two big shots (egos), that the reality of it comes thru.

The players earning years are very short, and having an average salary of 1.3 Million USD is still way more than what most of them would get playing elsewhere.

Being able to play on any team, knowing that they can compete and have a shot at winning the Stanley Cup any year, should be in every player's mind. For they play to win!

The NFL has a cap, and look at how well that league is.

As it has been, its been only a few teams that are always at or near the top in the NHL, with the odd lesser team being the cinderella story.

As much as I miss NHL hockey, I'd rather have them fix the problem now.

ofhdhdy
01-19-2005, 05:43 PM
...at today's meeting between the adversaries in the NHL lockout. Will this meeting spur on talks between the 2 main men or will this confirm to the players that the season is over.

Certainly this type of meeting can't hurt, but can it be the catalyst for continued talks that may lead to a part season.

Well obviously nothing much is going to be accomplished. Like it has been stated there will be no new proposals from either side they are probably just going over the smaller parts of the game.