PDA

View Full Version : CALGARY AT BRANDON - FEBRUARY 13TH - GAME DAY TALK

Allin44
02-12-2009, 08:36 PM
K So I jumped the gun on this one, but I am SO jacked for this game.

Brandon proved that Calgary is beatable last time around, but Calgary also proved they are resilient for getting a point out of that game.

Brandon is ROLLING lately, but the last few games have been against bottom feeders.

It will be interesting to see how M. Stone fairs on that line with Schenner and Calvert against some tough competition.

I'm guessing the lines will be

Stone - Schenner - Calvert
Lowry - Clarky - Fehr
Lew - Green - Cowan
Ciarelli - Jeffries - Hale

Robak - Aulie -> Huge minutes
Erb - Melnychuk -> Need Melnychuk to be all there
Bestland - Robidoux - Just hold the fort for the little ice time they should see.

Hayes with the start

3-2 Brandon.. BOOK IT

See ya at the rink and LETS BE LOUD!

dagley
02-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh my, what a treat this will be. Anybody remember Game 7 vs. Calgary a few years ago. That building was awesome, it was jammed packed...loud the entire game. The smiley balls in the crowd were hilarious, especially when one got onto the ice and Getzlaf shot it back into the crowd. That was by far the best game I have been to in terms of atmosphere, how loud the building was and sheer joy of a Game 7.

Hopefully the building will be jam packed tomorrow, and we can squeak out a few big points.

Section Eight
02-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Oh my, what a treat this will be. Anybody remember Game 7 vs. Calgary a few years ago. That building was awesome, it was jammed packed...loud the entire game. The smiley balls in the crowd were hilarious, especially when one got onto the ice and Getzlaf shot it back into the crowd. That was by far the best game I have been to in terms of atmosphere, how loud the building was and sheer joy of a Game 7.

Hopefully the building will be jam packed tomorrow, and we can squeak out a few big points.

No need to hope for a jam packed building - game has been sold out for a few days. I'm certain they'll sell some standing room prior game time but if you don't have your tickets you're SOL. Should be a good one ...

Allin44
02-13-2009, 09:29 AM
This is gonna be a gem!

Allin44
02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
No need to hope for a jam packed building - game has been sold out for a few days. I'm certain they'll sell some standing room prior game time but if you don't have your tickets you're SOL. Should be a good one ...
There are tickets available on TM?

dagley
02-13-2009, 11:31 AM

Season tickets, no worries :D

Section Ten
02-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Some positives from this game include the play of our third and fourth lines. And they also were rewarded with more ice time for their play. Cowan was everywhere tonight! Great game also from Jefferies. Hale had a few good shifts. I always enjoy watching Ciarelli. I'm hoping he'll turn into another Reaves out there!

Bestland was great, not just for the goal, but for that huge hit about five minutes in!

I wonder why Robidoux was dressed instead of Schneider? I really like Schneider's shot, but other than that I guess there isn't too much to choose between them...

Some negatives tonight? Mostly just one--they had much better coaching as evidenced by their superior power play and penalty kill. We really needed to score on that five minute major.

Calgary looked like a team with seven drafted players. It would have been a really close game had Fehr put one of his two semi-breakaway opportunities away.

Oh well, at least the Tigers did us a favour against the Blades!

Looking for a better result in Prince Albert!

P.S. I don't know about any of you, but I had a bit of a hangover after last night's Sportsman's dinner. Wonder if some of the sluggish play can be attributed to something similar?

dagley
02-14-2009, 01:03 PM
I was expecting more from them last night. I think they played with good intensity in the first few minutes, but I think it wore off in the later stages of the game. If Fehrzy could have capitalized on either one of his chances on the left wing he could have changed the outcome of the game, instead of trying to go five hole in both chances.

Otherwise, the effort was there but there lack of prime scoring chances really hurts. I think this team misses Glennie against better teams, as his scoring prowess and speed are real difference makers. Schenn was pretty quiet besides his couple big hits in the first, and him wanting to fight Stone at the end of the 1st. The only line which was really going was Clark/Lowry/Fehr and the 3rd and 4th lines had the odd good shift.

It's good to see my hometown of Calgary having such good seasons in the NHL and WHL this season, and I was secretly giving a little bit of cheer for my hometown team, how could I not?

Hopefully the boys rebound in PA on Sunday night, and thanks to the Hat for giving us a break by pounding the Blades, maybe Swifty can do us another favor? The games vs Saskatoon in two weeks are going to determine the Division champion I think, long as Brandon can win a few on the road next week with stops in PA, SC and MJ....all winnable games.

Also, it was nice to finally see an almost full capacity crowd in the arena tonight, hopefully the Memorial Cup is even bigger and the attendance is at its peak all next season...I wish the fans in Brandon realized how good the team is this year, it's a treat to watch.