PDA

View Full Version : Game 59 @ Prince Albert

Scout
02-13-2009, 11:24 AM
TONIGHT'S GAME: The Swift Current Broncos travel to Prince Albert for the 4th time and 8th meeting over-all.

It is the last regular season meeting between the clubs and the 4th match-up in less than 20 days...Tonight marks game 3 of 5 straight against East Division teams for Swift Current...The Broncos are coming off a 6-3 win in Regina on Wednesday night where they outscored the Pats 2-1 in each period...It was the team’s third straight win and they have won 4 of 5 on the road... Keegan Dansereau led the team offensively with a hat-trick and an assist for a 4 point night... Cody Eakin, Geordie Wudrick and Michael Stickland scored the other Bronco goals...Eakin and Justin Dowling had 2 point nights...Travis Yonkman picked up his 19th win of the season in goal making 36 saves...Swift Current was 0-5 on the power-play and Regina was 0-6...It was the Broncos 4th straight win over the Pats this season.

NUMBERS: Keegan Dansereau leads the Broncos with 33 goals and 64 points...Dansereau has 18 goals and 37 points in his last 25 games...Dansereau has points in 10 of his last 12 games, tallying 18 points in that span...He also leads the team with 18 multi-point games on the season and points on the road with 34 points in 25 games...Dansereau is 7th in the WHL in goals and leads the WHL in power-play goals with 17...Dansereau also leads the team in plus/minus with a +30 rating, he is +14 in his last 8 games…Matt Tassone is tied for 8th in WHL goal scoring with 32...Tassone has points in 9 of his last 10 games…Eric Doyle leads the team with 37 assists and is tied for 5th in scoring for WHL defensemen with 48 points…John Negrin is tied for 9th in the WHL for defensemen scoring with 43 points, he has 12 points in 11 games as a Bronco including points in 5 of his last 6 games…Geordie Wudrick has 10 goals and 18 points in his last 15 games and he has points in 4 of his last 5 games and points in 9 of his last 11 games...Michael Stickland has 13 points in 13 games as a Bronco...He joined the 20 goal club on Wednesday night...The Broncos have not been shut-out in a league best 137 straight games…Taylor Vause leads all rookies for Swift Current with 24 points on the season.

ON THE ROAD: The Broncos are 16-13-1 on the road and 9-5-1 versus the East Division on the road.

REGULAR SEASON VS. Prince Albert: T onight is the last of 8 meetings between the Raiders and Broncos this season...Swift Current leads the series with a 5-1-1 record...Jan. 31 - PA 1 at SC 3; Jan. 30 - SC 3 at PA 4 OT; Jan. 25 - PA 3 at SC 6; Dec. 30 - SC 2 at PA 4; Dec.3 - SC 3 at PA 2 OT; Nov. 5 - PA 2 at SC 5; Oct. 31 - PA 1 at SC 4..Justin Dowling leads the Broncos with 9 points in 7 games against the Raiders this season.

MILESTONES: Keegan Dansereau is 3 games shy of 300 for his career…John Negrin is 1 assist shy of 100 for his career…Matt Tassone is 5 points shy of 100 for his career…Cody Eakin is 5 games shy of 100 for his career…Joel Rogers is 5 games shy of 100 for his career…Mike Brown is 6 games shy of 100 for his career.

SPECIAL TEAMS: The Broncos power-play is 51 for 281, 18.5% (13th) and the penalty kill is 82.2%, giving up 53 goals on 291 tries (8th).

ROSTER: The Broncos roster currently consists of 23 players...The team has 3 – 20 year old players, 6 – 19 year old players, 7 – 18 year old players, 6 – 17 year old players, and 1 – 16 year old player.

UPCOMING GAMES: The Broncos return home to play the Blades tomorrow night and the Wheat Kings on Tuesday.

DRAFTED BRONCOS: John Negrin (Calgary ’07)…Ryan Molle (New Jersey ‘07)…Matt Tassone (Dallas ’08)...Geordie Wudrick (LA ’08)…Morgan Clark (Vancouver ’08).

Scout

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
02-13-2009, 12:48 PM
With home ice advantage in the playoffs on the line I hope the boys come out strong tonight and play a full 60. Although our record against PA is good overall we seem to keep the final outcome in doubt until late in the game. It would be nice to see an explosive output. Hopefully the Blades will do us a favor in the Hat tonight. GO BRONCOS

dagley
02-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Need the Tigers to win tonight, lol.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I refuse to make any sentence that has the words "go" and "broncos" in it at the same time (except for this one), but umm...

just win tonight. Go... visiting team... go.

trucker
02-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Thats right,... go broncos go!! Your fans want home ice advantage and they are all important games untill regular season ends. P.A. is no slouch but as long as our boys play a full 60 we will come out victorious!! As far as other matchups go this weekend, as long as Regina keeps slumping its a good weekend. keep up the good play horsemen, keep making us proud! punk rock

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Thats right,... go broncos go!! Your fans want home ice advantage and they are all important games untill regular season ends. P.A. is no slouch but as long as our boys play a full 60 we will come out victorious!! As far as other matchups go this weekend, as long as Regina keeps slumping its a good weekend. keep up the good play horsemen, keep making us proud! punk rock

Please beat P.A

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
02-13-2009, 05:35 PM
An OT win sounds good to me tonight. 2 for us, and give PA another point up on Regina.

transplantedbronco
02-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I refuse to make any sentence that has the words "go" and "broncos" in it at the same time (except for this one), but umm...

just win tonight. Go... visiting team... go.

Go Broncos in a sentence has to sound better than Go Pats right now. I dont like to kick someone when they are down but holy crap cant even beat the Warriors with what they have. What a night Broncos win and Pats lose. I guess I lied I love to kick someone when they are down. WHOOOOOOO!!!!

trucker
02-13-2009, 10:12 PM
good deal fellas, way to go boys, woo hoo!!! Broncos are nicely turning into a FORCE at a good time. Wish we could re-do that hitman game right now. Anyway maybe Deano does know what he is doin afterall, heh? Quite possibly just took a little time to gel. Way to go Tassone your always fun to watch i luv your energy and "conversation" on the ice, you deserve the points tonight. Keep up the good work work vci22

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for beating PA. Tassone was Pierre McGuire's "Monster" of the game.

Flathead
02-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Way to go guys! How did the 17 year old rookie Peddle do against the bigger veteran Theissen in their tilt. How come Theissen got instigating, did he jump someone again?

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Way to go guys! How did the 17 year old rookie Peddle do against the bigger veteran Theissen in their tilt. How come Theissen got instigating, did he jump someone again?

Thiessen was heading off anyways for a boarding penalty, and as Peddle got up, they pushed each other and then Theissen dropped the gloves and basically Jordan didn't have any other option. Peddle held his own, but Thiessen got the decision.