PDA

View Full Version : Game 63-Blades 1 at Hitmen 5

Hitmen1
02-18-2009, 01:02 PM
It is the 4th and final meeting between the top 2 teams in the East tonight. The Blades are one of few teams to win in Calgary this year. A big statement game from both teams tonight imo. The game is on sportsnet and on the radio tonight.

BRETT SONNE AND THE CALGARY HITMEN HOST WALKER WINTONEAK AND THE SASKATOON BLADES LIVE ON ROGERS SPORTSNET – The Calgary Hitmen (51-7-3-1) welcome the Saskatoon Blades (43-14-3-1) for a battle between the Eastern Conference’s top two teams in Western Hockey League action on Wednesday. February 18th. Wednesday night’s contest between the Hitmen and Blades can be seen live on Rogers Sportsnet in the West region (7:00pm MST) and tape-delayed in the Pacific region (7:00pm PST). The Hitmen are coming off an 8-4 win in Moose Jaw on Sunday for their eighth straight victory and 12th in 13 games, and currently sit 16 points ahead of the Blades for first place in the Eastern Conference. Calgary has scored 287 goals this season for the highest goal total by a team since the 2002-03 season. Brett Sonne has scored 16 goals and 10 assists on his current 14-game point streak. The Blades shut down the Rebels 3-0 in Red Deer on Tuesday for their 25th road victory of the season, and currently sit six points ahead of Brandon for top spot in the East Division. The Blades have lost only four games in regulation on the road this season. Walker Wintoneak has scored 13 goals in his last 14 games. It’s the fourth and final meeting of the season between the Blades and Hitmen. Saskatoon leads the season series 2-1, and is one of only two teams to win in regulation in Calgary this season.

Preview (http://www.whl.ca/whl-hockey-live-on-rogers-sportsnet-p127650)

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Go Hitmen dancing pi

DunnerStunner
02-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Should be a helluva battle tonight.. i hope to see Schultzy back in the lineup tonight with Schabs out for a bit with an injured shoulder and knee.

This is the biggest test the Hitmen will have since hosting the Giants.

Go Hitmen Go

sbtatter
02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
This is the biggest test the Hitmen will have since hosting the Giants.

Apart from the game on the 31st when we beat you at the saddledome ;)

rebel
02-18-2009, 04:26 PM
goin to 1st hitmen game this season. whos starting goal is it jones

dagley
02-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Go Hitmen, and no I am not being bias Blades fans...I am actually from Calgary :]

Hitmen1
02-18-2009, 10:36 PM
In the end it really wasn't much of a game. The Hitmen were just too much for the Blades tonight and won handily 5-1. A couple more franchise records tonight for the Hitmen. First, Marty Jones now holds the record for most wins in one season with 39 and the Hitmen tied a record with their 30th home win of the year. I believe Sonne now has a 15 game point streak after a 3 point effort. Next up: A home and home vs the lowly Rebels.

Trav
02-18-2009, 11:05 PM
as I cheer for both clubs. I've always liked the Hitmen for some reason, so I was hoping for a close game, not to be. The Blades failed to show up which is disappointing. The good thing is they usually respond after a game that they dont play well in the next game so hopefully they'll do that again.

dagley
02-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks boys, perhaps the few guys from Brandon who play on Calgary wanted to do us a little favor? :]

hitmanfan
02-19-2009, 09:33 PM
No, it was all about revenge on Toon town, but your welcome.