PDA

View Full Version : thomas polak

rebel
02-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Thomas Polak has reportedly left the rebels and went back to the Czech Republic.

Hitmen1
02-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Well I cannot blame him, as he continues to be a scratch but at the same time he never really got his game going and in the end was in Wallin's doghouse.

SectionNDeserter
02-20-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't see any possible way that he could continue to compete at this level of hockey or higher while both being so unaware of where the other players are on the ice, and skating with his head down so often. He had the size, speed and strength to excel at the very least Major Junior, but he has just gotten knocked out too many times in a relatively short time period. After getting his bell rung really good 2 or 3 times last season, I was actually surprised to see him return for this season (and with a bit of fire in his belly). In his few games since his last concussion, his play could only be described as 'tentative'. He is a good kid, that I hope can find a league with less contact, and/or get himself a good education.

If we are allowed 2 imports next season, I can see them bringing in an older (19 or 20) year old import forward to compliment Nugent-Hopkins. Should be a few still available when we make our selection...