PDA

View Full Version : Adding APs

witness
02-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Myles Bell's team is done. I look for the Pats to call him up before the end of the weekend.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-20-2009, 05:01 PM
I dont see it happening since this is likely a do or die game for Derkatch. Nothing against Bell, but I dont see a callup playing a regular shift, which means that all the other guys will only be forced to play more.

Not going to the game tonight, but I might turn the game on to sportsnet. Hoping for the best, mainly for the players sake. They deserve some reward for their efforts.

witness
02-23-2009, 04:38 PM
As expected, the Pats added Bell to their roster today.

nivek_wahs
02-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Hopefully he gets some ice time over a few of the Pats other younger D... He didn't look out of place when he played earlier in the year.

patsdude114
02-23-2009, 10:21 PM
I knew it was just a matter of time calling up Bell.... It will be hard to give him ice time i am thinking though, being that were in the thick of things and we have 8 Dmen (9 with Bell) & no injuries on the backend.

Im thinking for the most part they want him there to practice everyday, getting better with the regular players. Im sure he will see some game time but not much.

Fight Guy
02-24-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm sure they will throw him in the line up against some of the lower teams, like MJ, PA, and RD. Though going by the way things have gone thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if he's played more than we think he will. I'm definitely excited to see him play.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-24-2009, 01:52 AM
The more time he can play, the better. We need as much experience for next year's defence as we can get, because I personally cringe at what the top 4 next year could be after considering some games Ive seen this year. Im not saying to throw him into the fray, but to give him the playing time his level of play merits. As it is, this team will be very short staffed on the blueline next year even if we DO pick up a veteran to add to the mix. This is assuming Teubert is returning too...since you never know what is going on with these mickey mouse franchises(not even alluding to Disneyland either lol).

From what I have heard about Bell, he is touted to be a huge part of our future core, and his style will encompass that of what we want this team to play like. At least give the kid an idea what he level of competition he will be up against, and more...seeing as its currently 'crunch time' right now as opposed to preseason or something.

blah blah blah, so on so forth.

Anyways, maybe I got an excuse to go to a game now. Been looking for one.

sbtatter
02-24-2009, 08:10 AM
The more time he can play, the better. We need as much experience for next year's defence as we can get, because I personally cringe at what the top 4 next year could be after considering some games Ive seen this year. Im not saying to throw him into the fray, but to give him the playing time his level of play merits. As it is, this team will be very short staffed on the blueline next year even if we DO pick up a veteran to add to the mix. This is assuming Teubert is returning too...since you never know what is going on with these mickey mouse franchises(not even alluding to Disneyland either lol).

From what I have heard about Bell, he is touted to be a huge part of our future core, and his style will encompass that of what we want this team to play like. At least give the kid an idea what he level of competition he will be up against, and more...seeing as its currently 'crunch time' right now as opposed to preseason or something.

blah blah blah, so on so forth.

Anyways, maybe I got an excuse to go to a game now. Been looking for one. What does your defence depth chart project to be next year?
Ours currently is
Aulie
Robak
Erb
Melnychuk
Bestland
Schneider
Robidoux
Miller

Next season without trades we only lose 2, Aulie won't be back as an O/A
Robak
Melnychuk
Bestland
Schneider
Miller
Robidoux
Erdhardt

Allin44
02-24-2009, 10:56 AM
What does your defence depth chart project to be next year?
Ours currently is
Aulie
Robak
Erb
Melnychuk
Bestland
Schneider
Robidoux
Miller

Next season without trades we only lose 2, Aulie won't be back as an O/A
Robak
Melnychuk
Bestland
Schneider
Miller
Robidoux
Erdhardt
Ugh we are going to have to pull some trades...

patsdude114
02-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Our Defence Depth chart... Will be more experienced then it was at the begining of this season, if thats a bonus at all.

Teubert (19, if LA returns him, which i fully EXPECT)
Delahey (will be 20, and is able/capable of playing AHL)
Pym (18 yrs old)
Scarborough (19 yrs old)
Perrault (18 yrs old)
Miller (18 yrs old)
Bell (16 yrs old 1st round pick)
Borstmeyer (16 yrs old 2nd round pick)

Out of that list if for some reason Teubert makes LA (which i cant see happening) & Delahey makes Lowell (NJ AHL team, which is expected) our defence will be very thin. If for some miricle both Teubert & Delahey are returned to junior our defence will then look much better. Scarbrough will need to take a bigger role, Pym (as much as i cringe at this) will be given more offensive leaway, Perrault with his big frame and phyiscal play could be a very good shut down guy, Miller well anything out of him should be better then we got after october of this year.

Myles Bell, i remember this kid at training camp in Lumsden this kid is the real deal. Can hit, skate, has offensive skills. He reminded me alot of Pyett at age 16 just that Bell is more phyiscal. Tyler Borstmeyer is a very tall kid (i think listed at 6'3) he can move for a bigger player, much better then Teubert can, also has a pretty decent shot at training camp.

All though we cant really expect much out of two 16 yr old defencemen, i really do think Bell will surprise alot of fans though.

Just a quick depth chart between our pipes

Rowat (if returned will be 20, could play AHL or ECHL within the LA system)
Tendler (17 yrs old, posting GREAT #s again in AAA, played in MJ he is ready)
Ketlo (18 yrs old)

If Rowat returns for his final year of junior, look for the Pats to trade Ketlo somewhere out West. Rowat will again be the main man between the pipes for the Pats. Tendler needs to learn from a experienced guy even if its for half the season. Just with how to prepare for games during the course of a long season. If Rowat doesnt return, it would not surprise me 1 bit if Tendler wins the starting role right out of training camp. If he doesnt win the job out of training camp look for Tendler to do what Harding did at age 17 take the starting job by mid Nov and never look back.

witness
02-25-2009, 09:16 AM
I see the Rowat thing differently. I would trade Rowat for a 19 or 20 year old defenseman. I can't see that Tuebert is ready for the NHL and I don't know what the depth is like for NJ on the backend. But, I don't think that Delehey will be back.
I do agree with your assessment of Bell. He does remind me of Pyett, just a bigger kid. The Pats have also listed a 17 year old playing for Lethbridge Midgets (Brandon Davidson, I think). Decent size and having a great year. I think that he is in the plans for next year.

CJSenterprise4
02-25-2009, 10:24 PM
I don't see Rowat being in a Pats jersey if he is back for his last year

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-25-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't see Rowat being in a Pats jersey if he is back for his last year
Rowat has been one of if not our best player much of the time. He has been the only thing keeping these games from being blowouts.

If we can get him back next year, we should certainly take advantage of it.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-25-2009, 11:27 PM
On the plus side, the brief time I saw Bell play on sportsnet, he looked really good. Slightly stood out in a good way and didnt shy away from physical contact.

I only caught the 3rd period and I gotta say that I could barely watch due to the constant sucking up to Calgary. It seriously wouldnt stop. If they were doing a radio game, it would probably take me 3 or 4 minutes to figure out who Calgary is playing.

Which is especially sad considering Loubardius used to be a pats announcer.

dagley
02-26-2009, 12:23 AM
How about them Pats missing the playoffs?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
If you guys become backdoor champs next year, how many memorial cups will that be that Brandon has won? two? three?

nivek_wahs
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
If you guys become backdoor champs next year, how many memorial cups will that be that Brandon has won? two? three?
In all fairness.... when was the last time we won?

It's not a trick question... I know what I'm talking about.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Put it this way. Id rather be a 'has-been' than a 'never-was'.

patsdude114
02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
How about them Pats missing the playoffs?

I know we r missing the playoffs and frankly that is quite fine by me. The HUGE slide we r on having lost what like 24 of the last 31 games. Do u really think this team deserves to squeek into the playoffs.... in my mind NOPE not at all.

Maybe missing the playoffs will make Parker wake up and bring in a different GM, and this new GM would see Derkatch isnt ready for the WHL and fire his arse or give him a different job like a assistant coach to learn the WHL game 1st.

The league doesnt like Parker, hes got such a big mouth. My good friend coaches against him in bantam hockey and says Parker is the biggest joke in the league. That he feels sorry for the kids on his team, cuz they have just wasted a whole year of hockey as Parker was trying to teach them the WHL style of play in bantam hockey... Are you that stupid Parker like seriously!!!!