PDA

View Full Version : Game 65-Hitmen 2 at Rebels 1 SO

Hitmen1
02-21-2009, 08:37 AM
It is the 2nd half of the home and home as well its the 6th and final meeting of the year between the Hitmen and Rebels. Here are the previous results:

Sept. 19-Rebels 3 at Hitmen 5
Oct. 22 -Rebels 3 at Hitmen 4
Dec. 27 -Hitmen 4 at Rebels 2
Jan. 23 -Hitmen 7 at Rebels 2
Feb. 20 -Rebels 2 at Hitmen 7

So far this season the Hitmen are outscoring the Rebels 27-12 and are an unreal 14/29 or 48% on the power play vs the Rebels this year. I would guess that the Rebels will face Michael Snider in the Hitmen goal tonight. I believe the junkies are making the trip up again tonight so lets be loud Hitmen fans. The game is online only tonight.

hitmanfan
02-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Yikes, that sounded ugly. Good to get the 2 points but didn't sound like we deserved them.

Hitmen1
02-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Having Rebel season tickets I get to see the Rebels all the time, this was by far their best effort of the season add to the fact that it was probably the worst game of the year for the Hitmen. Thank goodness for Martin Jones who was very good. Now to the bad news, early in the first Paul Postma was on his way back to a loose puck behind the Hitmen net, he caught a rut and went awkwardly into the boards, he barely got to his skates and immediately went to the dressing room. He did not come back. Hopefully his injury is not serious.

sbtatter
02-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Having Rebel season tickets I get to see the Rebels all the time, this was by far their best effort of the season add to the fact that it was probably the worst game of the year for the Hitmen. Thank goodness for Martin Jones who was very good. Now to the bad news, early in the first Paul Postma was on his way back to a loose puck behind the Hitmen net, he caught a rut and went awkwardly into the boards, he barely got to his skates and immediately went to the dressing room. He did not come back. Hopefully his injury is not serious.
Rumour has it he's done for the season. Sucks to lose a star player, we had the same with Glennies broken elbow....

Hitmen1
02-22-2009, 02:47 PM
John Down of the Herald got an update on Postma this am.

“We’re coming up to the playoffs, so it’s an upper body injury” said Lowry when asked if he thought Postma’s injury would be short term or long term. “I think he is day to day . . . I think he has a bruise, that is my belief.”

Down goes on to say that he believes there is much more to the injury and I tend to agree with John.

Postma's injury (http://communities.canada.com/calgaryherald/blogs/hitmeninsider/archive/2009/02/22/postma-allegedly-suffered-bruise.aspx)

Hitmen1
02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Postma will be alright. Postma hopes to play Wednesday (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000001742)

tigsfan0809
02-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Good to hear that he will be alright. After watching the Tigers get decimated by injuries this year, any good news on the injury front, Tigers or otherwise, is good news. Altho Postma is a huge part of Calgary's defense, the Hitmen have been able to cope with losses like that better than other teams, thanks to good drafting, and Lowry is proving to be an excellent coach.