PDA

View Full Version : Brandon or Saskatoon

HURRICANE'S ROCK
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
It appears we are destined to finish 6th or 7th and therefor will meet either S'toon or Brandon. I for one hope it is S'toon. I think Brandon is playing better right now and has more upside potential in the playoffs. Not knocking S'toon but I still feel they have played to the max all year and can't turn it up much in the playoffs. What do you think?

localguy
02-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I think it's irrelevant, we pretty much stink, and will be lucky to not get swept in the first round by any of the top four teams. So much for this being the year, what a disappointment. Time to rebuild from the top down, cuz the suits that are in place now, are clearly not qualified to run this team. Injuries, or not, the team has played awful, and have been shorthanded when guys go down with next to no call ups. We are not the only team to have guys hurt or away, but we are the only team that struggles no matter what the situation. Have we played a game all year where we clearly dominant? I haven't seen a 60 minute effort all year. When we come out and get a good first period, we stand around for the next 2 and watch the other team play with the puck. When we fall behind, we play all out for the last five minutes, and dominate. What's the deal? We clearly have the talent and potential, but lack the ability to put all together for 60 minutes. It has been a joke of a season, where is all our young talent, and why have they not filled in? Where is our depth and ability to roll four lines? Why are we dressing guys to have them watch the game from the bench? There is no attention to the minutes our d-men are playing, we are not developing our younger players by having them sit on the bench, and we appear to have nothing in the system worth calling up. If anyone in the real world mis-managed their business the way this team has been, they would have been fired or bankrupt in the first quarter. The board should be embarassed for this, why bring in Sutter or allow him to be here? Why let Roy stay on after all the poor decisions, why keep the coaching staff after seeing their clear inability to get these talented kids to perform?
I would like to see our top two lines go back to what they were at the beginning of the year, switch Bancks and Ashton back, roll all our lines, get the young d-men involved in the game, and have the board figure out if Sutter is going to be the new coah/gm, or get him out of the mix.

shushu
02-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I think it's irrelevant, we pretty much stink, and will be lucky to not get swept in the first round by any of the top four teams. So much for this being the year, what a disappointment. Time to rebuild from the top down, cuz the suits that are in place now, are clearly not qualified to run this team. Injuries, or not, the team has played awful, and have been shorthanded when guys go down with next to no call ups. We are not the only team to have guys hurt or away, but we are the only team that struggles no matter what the situation. Have we played a game all year where we clearly dominated? I haven't seen a 60 minute effort all year. When we come out and get a good first period, we stand around for the next 2 and watch the other team play with the puck. When we fall behind, we play all out for the last five minutes, and dominate. What's the deal? We clearly have the talent and potential, but lack the ability to put all together for 60 minutes. It has been a joke of a season, where is all our young talent, and why have they not filled in? Where is our depth and ability to roll four lines? Why are we dressing guys to have them watch the game from the bench? There is no attention to the minutes our d-men are playing, we are not developing our younger players by having them sit on the bench, and we appear to have nothing in the system worth calling up. If anyone in the real world mis-managed their business the way this team has been, they would have been fired or bankrupt in the first quarter. The board should be embarassed for this, why birng in Sutter or allow him to be here? Why let Roy stay on after all the poor decisions, why keep the coaching staff after seeing their clear inability to get these talented kids to perform?
I would like to see our top two lines go back to what they were at the beginning of the year, switch Bancks and Ashton back, roll all our lines, get the young d-men involved in the game, and have the board figure out if Sutter is going to be the new coah/gm, or get him out of the mix.
you read my mind....exactly what i posted under the thread" help in net"....and i couldn't agree more.............................

Benchwarmer
02-23-2009, 08:55 PM
All the members on this board are doing the job for their own benefit. It seems to me by the decisions they make are in no way to the benefit of the club or maybe they just know nothing about running a hockey club. Till this team is sold to one person nothing will change.

Derek Sutton
02-23-2009, 09:15 PM
. It seems to me by the decisions they make are in no way to the benefit of the club or maybe they just know nothing about running a hockey club. Till this team is sold to one person nothing will change.
BINGO

OLDSCHOOL
02-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Lets try to find every excuse in the book for why the team is losing. Lets blame the board, the GM (he does suck mind you) and of course the coach. First off having Sutter their shouldn't be any kinda problem with the team. A former NHL guy and guy that has been scouting and being around young kids for years. Hmmm, I don't know I think that it would be a great thing for the young kids. Last year they brought in Maxie around the same time and did the exact same thing that Sutter is doing and nobody had anything to say about that. Statsiuk screwed this team by giving away to goalies, not the coach or having Sutter helping out. I hope that the Canes can turn things around and play the way they can and make another great run. Not sure why so many haters about Sutter, Great Guy and has a ton of knowledge for the game. clrkthj

Derek Sutton
02-23-2009, 09:41 PM
I dont think many are hatting on Sutter, I see it more like if hes gonna coach, make him the coach, I was waiting for his coaching debut to be on induction night. If it weren't for the board Roy would have fired Dyck by now to save his own bacon, if there were an owner, he would have fired Roy by now because hes done an awfull job, yet they are both still going through the motions with no response from the players. With nobody steering the ship the "great run" is gonna be in Grandmas underpants not hockey in May

CJSenterprise4
02-23-2009, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=localguy]I think it's irrelevant, we pretty much stink, Time to rebuild from the top down, cuz the suits that are in place now, are clearly not qualified to run this team. Injuries, or not, the team has played awful, and have been shorthanded when guys go down with next to no call ups. We are not the only team to have guys hurt or away, but we are the only team that struggles no matter what the situation. Have we played a game all year where we clearly dominant? I haven't seen a 60 minute effort all year. When we come out and get a good first period, we stand around for the next 2 and watch the other team play with the puck. When we fall behind, we play all out for the last five minutes, and dominate. What's the deal? We clearly have the talent and potential, but lack the ability to put all together for 60 minutes. It has been a joke of a season, where is all our young talent, and why have they not filled in? Where is our depth and ability to roll four lines? Why are we dressing guys to have them watch the game from the bench? There is no attention to the minutes our d-men are playing, we are not developing our younger players by having them sit on the bench, and we appear to have nothing in the system worth calling up. [QUOTE]

Sounds alot like what the Pats fans have been experiencing this year...at least you will get to see some playoff action.

Bocephus
02-23-2009, 10:28 PM
With nobody steering the ship the "great run" is gonna be in Grandmas underpants not hockey in May
LMAO

localguy
02-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Not sure why so many haters about Sutter, Great Guy and has a ton of knowledge for the game. clrkthj

No one is hating on Sutter, just wanting someone (the Board) to crap or get off the pot in deciding what his role is here. It is undermining the current staff, and confusing the kids. There is no clear leader in the organization, which is going to send mixed messages in the room. The only thing being said by all on here is show us who is in charge, and make it clear by removing those who aren't.

loudi94
02-23-2009, 11:08 PM
At this point I won't be purchasing my playoff package. It's not been a very good year, I'm not sure if I want tickets for next year and I don't want to make a deposit. We may go to playoff games, but I'll take my chances at the window.

This team is lacking the stability that having strong ownership brings. I look to the Fadden trade as an example. They just got rid of a heart and soul guy in Chornyko and Dyck tells Roy that they won't win with Fadden on the team. Roy trades Fadden in a horrible deal. Why did this happen??? Why is Adam not still on this team if we were going to trade Fadden days later? Now who is to blame for this? Dyck for insisting Fadden be moved or Roy for making a poor trade? Regardless, the timing of it was horrible and clearly the communication is lacking from top to bottom.

Bocephus
02-23-2009, 11:41 PM
At this point I won't be purchasing my playoff package. It's not been a very good year, I'm not sure if I want tickets for next year and I don't want to make a deposit. We may go to playoff games, but I'll take my chances at the window.

This team is lacking the stability that having strong ownership brings. I look to the Fadden trade as an example. They just got rid of a heart and soul guy in Chornyko and Dyck tells Roy that they won't win with Fadden on the team. Roy trades Fadden in a horrible deal. Why did this happen??? Why is Adam not still on this team if we were going to trade Fadden days later? Now who is to blame for this? Dyck for insisting Fadden be moved or Roy for making a poor trade? Regardless, the timing of it was horrible and clearly the communication is lacking from top to bottom.
Who do we gift wrap for Bob Tory next season?
Yellow Horn, Fadden, ...?
Perhaps Sceviour or King if they return.

Hockey Watcher
02-23-2009, 11:49 PM
team starts losing and this blog is on fire. lalalalaalalalalalalalalala

i agree the team should respond to the coach but right now your still in and why not just play. (who cares about the coach) I say play for yourself, your team and more importantly your FANS, who pay to come and see you play and cheer you on and support your club. I would like to see a coach that gets involved and pumps you up etc. to but you dont have that and you knew that going in. you have so much talent on the team and you are throwing it out the door because of the coaching. (hockey puck) Its to late to go back on that, move on and deal with the coaching after you take care of your business. Give me a break. the capt and asst need to step up and pull this team together or you will be in the stands watching the teams with less talent during play offs. the whining about sutter being there is another xcuse. you are lucky to have someone with his experience there to help out, take his knowledge and experience and learn from it. you will only better from it. you complain about the head coach and you have a man like sutter willing to help and you complain about him being there. I am shaking my head wondering what is it you really want?
i agree you need help in net, ok i agree you needed help when you were short, but then i thought well they really only roll 2 sometimes 3 lines anyway so why call up if they are going to sit. i recall reners playing and castro and taylor being healthy scratchs or mosler playing and castro a healthy scratch. so if your going to sit your regular players for a midget player (why call up)
this team has not rolled all four lines like alot of the others have and now your paying for it. the boys were so exhausted and the youngsters didnt play, therefore they did not develop (no fault of the youngsters).

one thing that bothered me you gave away the win you had saturday. you outshot out skated and started off outplaying the tigers until you fell in their trap. as others said the circus or gong show came to town and you gave them exactly what they wanted (a win) i feel sorry for boychuk scevior sbisa and those that play the game. nothing wrong with a good fight now and then but when it comes down to a wwf night fight after fight for no reason at all well it gets out of control and you lose. if i were your coach i would bench many of you and play the youngsters for pure development. your losing anyway because your not responding to the coach so who cares right? the youngsters would atleast be hungry and may surprise you. the fans would probably enjoy the energy and the heart (taylor, castro, rykman would take what ice time they could get and not complain) clrkthj

answer this: do you see circus, gong show fights at the world juniors? at important games? usually not you see pure skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that was a important game in my opinion

don't mean to come down on you but we have all heard the xcuses already and i agree with some of them but the truth is your vci33
this is just my opinion vci34

localguy
02-24-2009, 12:22 AM
A little bit of point counter point in your own post there watcher, you say leave it up to the players, and ignore the coaches. Then you say to play the youngsters more and scratch the vets, then you say say we all come on complaining when we start losing. :confused:

You do realize that in saying that, you are just agreeing with all out here, because you obviously don't agree with the coach's or gm's decisions either. And you are on here too doing the same thing as everyone else. If you think the horse is dead maybe you should put your stick down as well. We are all fed up with this organization, we have been patient, and not seen results.

dagley
02-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Surprisingly, we really hope we don't play you guys. At least from the guys I sit near every game and talk to regularly...we don't want to play you guys first round. Kryptonite I suppose, last season I really thought we could beat you guys, hopefully we are a better team this season then last, which I believe we are. You guys are scary on paper, hopefully I will understand why you guys are frustrated in Lethbridge, haven't seen them since earlier in the year without Boychuk/Sbisa/Beach.

Id much rather play Kootenay to be honest.

shushu
02-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Lets try to find every excuse in the book for why the team is losing. Lets blame the board, the GM (he does suck mind you) and of course the coach. First off having Sutter their shouldn't be any kinda problem with the team. A former NHL guy and guy that has been scouting and being around young kids for years. Hmmm, I don't know I think that it would be a great thing for the young kids. Last year they brought in Maxie around the same time and did the exact same thing that Sutter is doing and nobody had anything to say about that. Statsiuk screwed this team by giving away to goalies, not the coach or having Sutter helping out. I hope that the Canes can turn things around and play the way they can and make another great run. Not sure why so many haters about Sutter, Great Guy and has a ton of knowledge for the game. clrkthj
first you played under "maxie" but couldn't proove it being in the bridge for 37 years but not playing for him in lethbridge...cough, cough{bullsh@t}....now you know rich sutter, aka your best friend...he really know his stuff. applause .......i have respect for all posters on this board even if i dont agree with them all of the time....... but the ones that come on here and do nothing but drop names about people they dont even know are the hardest to beleive..................but thanks for your input.................

Hockey Watcher
02-24-2009, 01:38 AM
A little bit of point counter point in your own post there watcher, you say leave it up to the players, and ignore the coaches. Then you say to play the youngsters more and scratch the vets, then you say say we all come on complaining when we start losing. :confused:

You do realize that in saying that, you are just agreeing with all out here, because you obviously don't agree with the coach's or gm's decisions either. And you are on here too doing the same thing as everyone else. If you think the horse is dead maybe you should put your stick down as well. We are all fed up with this organization, we have been patient, and not seen results.

ok ill take that. what im trying to say is
just play the game for you your team and your fans. dont give up and if you cannot do that for some reason (not responding to coach) and would much rather play circus or wwf hockey then ya sit down and let the youngsters sitting the bench play. it is frustrating for us as fans watch you play like that when we know you can play with skill (fight to win not to lose)

several are fed up and have been for a long time from what i have read but what can you do? and yes i do agree with SOME of the post but not all and that is what makes the post confusing. i will put my stick down and read the town newspaper. good luck

Derek Sutton
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
NO!!!! not the town newspaper, that piece of trash is one more sliver of kindling for this fire, we like personal opinions. It's very easy to go off and get lost in our own thoughts. I like what you are saying, and through all this its interesting very few people are pointing at the players, like you said, just go out and play. Thats what we pay to see but it appears to many of us they arn't "being allowed to". There's some sort of system they have to stick to. With the calibre of our top six, the "system" needs to be score some friggin goals.