PDA

View Full Version : Constantine Gets Contract Extension

Tipped Off
04-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Silvertips Coaching Staff Awarded Contract Extension
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - Everett Silvertips VP/General Manager Doug Soetaert has announced that Everett Silvertips Head Coach, Kevin Constantine and Assistant Coaches', John Becanic and Jay Varady have received a two year contract extension.

For Constantine, his contract was extended through the 2008-2009 season while John Becanic's and Jay Varady's current contracts have been extended through the 2007-2008 campaign.

"We are very pleased with the results accomplished in our first two years of the Silvertips organization," mentions Silvertips General Manager Doug Soetaert. "To capture the Western Conference Championship in our first season and play in the WHL Finals, it was well above everyone's expectations. The 2004-2005 season was very gratifying to battle all year with eight 16 year olds and have the results that we had, shows our coaching staff's ability to balance development and winning, which is very important with our young franchise."

Constantine, along with Becanic and Varady, led the Silvertips to a combined 68-55-17-4 regular season record and winning four rounds in the WHL Playoffs since the Silvertips entered the WHL in 2003-2004. Last season, the Silvertips captured the U.S. Division regular season title along with the Western Conference Championship. Constantine was also awarded the 2003-2004 Dunc McCallum Memorial Trophy as the WHL Coach of the Year.

This season, the Silvertips finished third in the U.S. Division and gained a spot in the WHL Playoffs for the second consecutive season in a row. The Silvertips defeated the Portland Winter Hawks in the first round of the 2005 WHL Playoffs in seven games. The Silvertips were competitive all season with a very young team, including Zach Hamill who was the leading scorer in the WHL among 16-year-old players.

Kristi
04-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Woo Hoo!! Congrats to the coaching staff! They definately deserve it!!

:groovy:

Tipped Off
04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
I know he can still leave for a greater opportunity, but for those of us speculating (me included) that the 2006-2007 season would be Coach C's last (when his original contract ran out), I guess we were wrong.

Feorello
04-18-2005, 08:06 PM
weather he's a good coach or bad, I don't think that changing the coach so soon after becoming a team would be a good idea. Just because they silvertips are just trying to get their game together, and changing the way of coaching would be a bad idea