PDA

View Full Version : Possible Tie For Division Title

Boltz9
02-24-2009, 05:54 PM
I was bored and I came up with this scenario:

Brandon wins 2 out of the 3 games against Saskatoon and wins all remaining games... This would give Brandon 106 points at the end of the season.

Saskatoon wins 1 out of 3 games against Brandon and wins all remaining games... This would give Saskatoon 106 points at the end of the season.

The season series would probably be the first tie breaker but in this scenario the season series would be tied at 4 wins a piece.

Of course I'm getting ahead of myself but this makes this weekends games even bigger.

Does anybody know what the next tie breaker would be? Maybe goals for?

Allin44
02-24-2009, 07:01 PM
It actually goes

Wins
Head to Head(Points Earned)

Allin44
02-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Direct Quote

a) In the event two Clubs finish tied in total points in WHL standings, the edge goes to the Club with the most victories. If that is a tie, it will go to the Club with the most points in games between the two Clubs during the regular schedule. If the two Clubs are still even, the edge goes to the Club with the highest ratio when taking goals for and subtracting goals against in regular season play. If it is still a tie, the edge will go to the Club with the highest ratio when taking goals for and subtracting goals against in games played between the two Clubs in regular schedule play.

Boltz9
02-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Alright thanks I was trying to find something just like that... bad news tho because that means in that scenario the title would go to the Blades because the two games we have won against them this year have come in overtime meaning they have more points in the head to head match ups.

dagley
02-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Alright thanks I was trying to find something just like that... bad news tho because that means in that scenario the title would go to the Blades because the two games we have won against them this year have come in overtime meaning they have more points in the head to head match ups.

Brandon is going to win all three games, all that matters. Mind you, lets focus on a Lethbridge team tomorrow rather then games later this week.