PDA

View Full Version : Regina 2 @ Swift Current 5

CrazyGeorge
02-24-2009, 11:23 PM
I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game tonight but I see we stayed very discipline....only 2 penalties all game? Impressive. I see that Regina had something like 6 or 7 minors in a row. Interesting to here how the game as a whole was.

Link Dog
02-24-2009, 11:31 PM
We robbed them blind. Woody scores on a high stick, linesman takes out their d-man giving Wagner a breakaway and Teubert was brutal. Lmao!!

stick boy
02-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Well it was a pretty good game from the Broncos, very disciplined and when Wudrick did take an interference penalty Colton 'overrated' Tuebert replied with a slashing penalty after the whistle on Eakin.

Me thinks that Mr. Overrated is just jealous of Eakin and Wudrick cause they will soon be in the show and he will be in the East Coast League still taking stupid penalties. What a plug! Guy deserved about three more cross-checking penalties but I think that the refs just felt sorry for him after a while.

The Broncos should have left some popcorn for Mr Overrated in the penalty box! Perhaps he should stop mouthing off in the L-P and worry about himself.

Wagner's goal was a beauty, made about three moves on Rowat before finally sliding it in.

And how about Wudrick with goals in seven straight games, has really found his stride. Also liked Brown on the top line, kid has hands, and sees the game as well.

Can't discount Yonks' penalty shot save on Eberle, huge save at pivotal moment.

Goonarsk
02-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Yeah... Qbert cost his team dearly tonight with some of the most idiotic penalties I've ever seen. How the hell did he manage to get picked for the WJC anyway?

In regards to the game, the Broncos finally got some breaks go their way. PP looked a little better tonight but still needs work. All in all, a fairly decent win.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Im sorry, but 1 powerplay versus 7? thats bull****. I admit that the broncos are one of the more disciplined teams in the league and to be honest lack gritty play (its true, not just saying it to be a prick), but I really doubt that they only deserved one penalty thoughough sixty minutes, at least in contrast to 7 penalties.

I never listened to the game though, so I suppose that doesnt give me much of a say on the matter. Still, if we got more than ONE PP opportunity, perhaps the game would have been closer.

Goonarsk
02-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Im sorry, but 1 powerplay versus 7? thats bull****. I admit that the broncos are one of the more disciplined teams in the league and to be honest lack gritty play (its true, not just saying it to be a prick), but I really doubt that they only deserved one penalty thoughough sixty minutes, at least in contrast to 7 penalties.

I never listened to the game though, so I suppose that doesnt give me much of a say on the matter. Still, if we got more than ONE PP opportunity, perhaps the game would have been closer.

Yup, the Pats should've had more PP opportunities. It's just that they'd take an unnecessary penalty to negate the advantage *cough* Teubert *cough*. The Broncos did play a very disciplined game, but they also managed to get a few breaks on the officiating side as well.

No offense taken about the gritty play... that's one of the main things this team lacks. We've got some forwards who'll play that way, but for the most part the defence doesn't.

Toswammi
02-25-2009, 08:46 AM
I really didn't notice much undisciplined play from the home side. I guess you could have called a few more, but the same can be said about the visitors as well.

I noticed early on the Regina plays only 4 defenseman. I am willing to bet that Scarbourough played 4 minutes last night, and Pym maybe 8 (just cause of the misconduct to Delahay). I don't know if this is normal for them to do, but i can't see that helping their cause of getting to the playoffs cause those guys looked dead by the end of the game.

Dogstink
02-25-2009, 08:55 AM
In regards to the game, the Broncos finally got some breaks go their way. PP looked a little better tonight but still needs work. All in all, a fairly decent win.

Now there's a cure-all for a team needing some breaks and getting some work on the PP... just play the Pats...lol.

I thought the Pats had a strong 1st period but in the 2nd they fell back into the same old routine - no focus, lack of discipline, and pure bad luck.

I agree that SC will need to toughen up to make a run in the playoffs, but they sure are a smooth skating team.

stick boy
02-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Disagree a bit, if we want to compete in the playoffs I think that our powerplay will have to more consistent and we need Yonkman to be at his best.

On the bright side I hope the Pats can win a couple of games here so we can knock them out of the playoffs during the final weekend home and away series. Ending Teubert's season early for the third straight season would be oh so sweet!!

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
02-25-2009, 11:02 AM
As a somewhat chunky, 40 (plus ) year old who enjoys popcorn I appreciate Tuebert for giving us all those chances to work on our powerplay.

JDubb
02-25-2009, 11:51 AM
I noticed early on the Regina plays only 4 defenseman. I am willing to bet that Scarbourough played 4 minutes last night, and Pym maybe 8 (just cause of the misconduct to Delahay). I don't know if this is normal for them to do, but i can't see that helping their cause of getting to the playoffs cause those guys looked dead by the end of the game.

This is an almost every game occurance. It started with guys gone over the holidays and has just continued. The stats likely show a decline in 3rd periods and being tired is a definite contributor.

One further comment is the SC broadcasters claimed to have no idea how the breakaway on the 3rd goal happened. I am not sure how you could miss the linesman being in the way. It was clear on the Internet feed.

Toswammi
02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
This is an almost every game occurance. It started with guys gone over the holidays and has just continued. The stats likely show a decline in 3rd periods and being tired is a definite contributor.

One further comment is the SC broadcasters claimed to have no idea how the breakaway on the 3rd goal happened. I am not sure how you could miss the linesman being in the way. It was clear on the Internet feed.

The box from where they call the game and the internet feed are on opposite ends, so maybe that is the reason?

stick boy
02-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Personally I couldn't figure out what Delahey was doing while he was chasing after the puck he skated right towards the linesman for five of six strides while Wagner skated wider. Either way it the job of the players to avoid the officials, they are apart of the playing surface the same as the boards or the nets. If you are trying to dump a pucks and u fire a puck off the linesman and the other team gets a breakaway it is your own fault not his, he is a stationary target.

Either way the Broncos were the better team even without our top goal scorer and another top six forward. save for Eberle's pinpoint accuracy the Pats had very few scoring chances besides being the penalty shot on which Yonks made an amazing save.

And by the way what is with the all the whining from that little runt behind the Pats bench. He started complaining at the opening faceoff and never let down. Loved how the refs didn't even pay attention to him, this is how they should treat Mcrimmon, he gets far too many one-on-ones with the refs.

CrazyGeorge
02-25-2009, 07:24 PM
12 posts into a thread and Big Ern starts his own...why not just start your own blog and be right up there with Keen's Korner?

Link Dog
02-25-2009, 08:48 PM
CrazyGeorge 12 posts into a thread and Big Ern starts his own...why not just start your own blog and be right up there with Keen's Korner?
Actually if you check the times, it's 5 posts into the thread and if you look at the length of his post, I'm also pretty sure his game recap started before your question about what happened in the game. If anyone would appreciate the summaries I would have thought it would be you who doesn't live here and doesn't get to see the games live. If it's so hard to move your mouse down an 1/8th of an inch and click on a different thread, you have worse issues than the one you have with Big Ern. Boogaard'd

CrazyGeorge
02-25-2009, 09:43 PM
It's a simple comment...why start a thread that has already been started...that's my point. 5 posts of 12 posts of 1000 posts...the thread has been started. That's all I'm saying big guy...why have two threads about the same thing.

patsdude114
02-26-2009, 05:09 PM

This is the norm and id rather see Tuebert watching more games from the press box with Parker then out on the ice every 2nd shift. I also dont know how he made the WJ team. Damn Hamonic off MJ would of been a better choice then Teubert. The only reason Tuebert made that team is cuz Pat Quinn loves his style of play, the so called tough rugged Dman. Just too bad he cant skate lol.

Im just waiting for some Pat fan to go down to the penalty box while Tuebert is in there and offer him some popcorn. Geees maybe that can add some excitement for myself at a Pats game buy a ticket right beside the Pats penalty box and sit there all game with a bucket of popcorn and wait (which shouldnt take too long maybe the 1st 6 mins of the game) for Teubert to take his 1st minor penalty. god what a idea i just may do this lmao