PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling

Tinner
01-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Do you think the WHL should change it's schedule?

Fight Guy
01-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Because I have a different view that is not listed, I chose 'no to a new schedule', but I would infact like to see a new schedule. One that has every team play each other atleast twice (mainly the Western Confrence), meaning one home game and one away game against ech team. I dont mind playing division teams a many times, but I would also like to see the Central Division teams a bit more too. My main beef with the schedule though is the West, how only 1 game a season is played. The odd time you'll see at team at home and away from the West here in the East because of scheduling in the home arena. For example, Kooteny played in Regina this year, and the Pats played them there during their road trip. Thats my main beef.

The_Vulk
01-19-2005, 02:55 PM
One must remember that this is the premier development league of hockey players in the world.

The focal point is DEVELOPMENT.

As much as I would love to see a balanced schedule, the "boys", their education and their development must come first.

ofhdhdy
01-19-2005, 03:01 PM
There not going to play against the OHL and QMJHL because the trvel is to much. IMO I think they should keep the schedule the way it is.

RunTheGoalie
01-19-2005, 06:53 PM
A truely balanced schedule is not feasable because of the distances the teams at the extremes would have to travel.

Greater balance would be nice, but if we are going to consider changing things, I'd rather the league introduced a crossover for the 4th playoff spot in a division. i.e.: It is a joke that one of Regina or Moose Jaw will make the palyoffs, while Swift current is 7 points better than the Pats, but stuck in the best division in the league.