PDA

View Full Version : list player

amsfan05
02-24-2009, 11:49 PM
on the team site it shows Justin Lutz, RW 6'6" 242 lbs age 19. why do we have a 19 year old listed if he hasn't cracked the league yet? anyone got any wisdom for me on this?

Big Torro
02-25-2009, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=amsfan05]on the team site it shows Justin Lutz, RW 6'6" 242 lbs age 19. why do we have a 19 year old listed if he hasn't cracked the league yet? anyone got any wisdom for me on this?[/QUOTE

Justin Lutz plays for the Brooks Bandits in the Alberta Junior League. He is not a highly skilled player that if the AMS were going to use, it would be strickly for fighting/intimidation factor. With his size he definitely shows a presence.

HAF
02-25-2009, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=amsfan05]on the team site it shows Justin Lutz, RW 6'6" 242 lbs age 19. why do we have a 19 year old listed if he hasn't cracked the league yet? anyone got any wisdom for me on this?[/QUOTE

Justin Lutz plays for the Brooks Bandits in the Alberta Junior League. He is not a highly skilled player that if the AMS were going to use, it would be strickly for fighting/intimidation factor. With his size he definitely shows a presence.

The rumor I heard was that the team was trying to get him down here before the deadline but he was not interested in leaving Brooks

amsfan05
02-26-2009, 12:04 AM
but why list a 19 yr old who hasn't cracked the league? i don't know i guess we've all learned never to question trader bob, but really list a 19 yr old who has never played 1 whl shift? i'm sure there's gotta be a more useful way to fill the list than that.

HAF
02-26-2009, 12:21 AM
He would have been at the top of the list on Tipman's fighter rankings. He is a tough SOB and that was all Bob was looking at. Bob was looking to add an enforcer. Lets face it, right now we have an enforcer that really doesn't have much of an intimidating presence.

amsfan05
02-26-2009, 06:51 PM
i didn't even know we had an enforcer lol. itd definitely be nice to get that kid on the team his size alone seems scary. myself though i'd rather see us just bring back gardiner, he has talent so he can skate with most of our players and he can also throw em.

dondo
02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
He would have been at the top of the list on Tipman's fighter rankings. He is a tough SOB and that was all Bob was looking at. Bob was looking to add an enforcer. Lets face it, right now we have an enforcer that really doesn't have much of an intimidating presence.

sounds like you're talking about Todd Kennedy HAF.. with his soon to be patented hug and duck "fighting" technique.

HAF
02-26-2009, 11:18 PM
sounds like you're talking about Todd Kennedy HAF.. with his soon to be patented hug and duck "fighting" technique.

No, I was actually talking about Mitch McColm. I'm not bashing the kid, he has stepped when needed and has done everything he can. He has fought pretty much all comers,won a few good fights,lost a few good fights...etc
He has been asked to fill some pretty big shoes in protecting the smaller skill guys on this team. He gives it hell but at the end of the day,not too many guys are afraid of him. This team needs that big physical presence that Boogaard,McCaffery and even Riley Emmerson and Logan Stephenson brought in recent years.