PDA

View Full Version : Pats release Dudas

nivek_wahs
02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
http://rodpedersen.blogspot.com/2009/02/pats-release-dudas.html

CALGARY -- The Regina Pats have released 20-year old defenceman Jesse Dudas.

Dudas was acquired at the WHL trade deadline from the Swift Current Broncos for a 4th round pick in the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft,

The release of Dudas leaves the Pats with two 20-year olds: Victor Bartley and Matt Robertson.

The Pats visit the Kootenay Ice tomorrow night at 8:00pm on 620 CKRM (7:35pm Press Box Sports Bar Pats Pregame Show).I'm happy.

Link Dog
02-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Your team just got better Pats fans. As a sports fan it pisses me off though. All the tools that the kid has but no heart or desire. What a waste.

nivek_wahs
02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Your team just got better Pats fans. As a sports fan it pisses me off though. All the tools that the kid has but no heart or desire. What a waste.
I couldn't have said it better.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
When we first acquired him, I cant say that this is what I expected. We got him for much cheaper than I thought he was worth and he was staying healthy. He was our best guy in the first 8 games or so and then tailed off.

But this move is definitely evidence that he wasnt meshing with the team. The SC fans were right. You could see why I would see otherwise though, but for whats its worth, Im sorry for doubtin ya.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
What was his problem? I really am foggy about his history, so clue me in.

witness
02-26-2009, 01:49 PM
the rosters are set. The only pick ups are APs.

I always like MacAngus. He works hard, is good on the PK, and is a GREAT teammate. Robertson is still the better talent, but his play has really tailed off. The exchange is not a one sided deal.

The Dudas experiment is over. It basically cost the Pats the Draft pick that they picked up in the Jackson deal. Not really a big deal to the Pats and with Dudas' talent had the possibility to really add something to the team. Just a side note, he came here on the recommendation of Bartley. Hmmmm.

sbtatter
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Told you guys Dudas was going to be a problem, just couldn't reveal my source. You guys are waaaaay better of without him.

patsdude114
02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
well as i told Big Ern the day of the deal, that i didnt like the deal at all. Yes he is skilled but he is very lazy. He picks the games he wants to show up to, which isnt many.

The Pats were a better team without him, & we will be a better team again without him. It just may be alittle too late this time.

On a side note, Myles Bell looked good against the Hitmen last night on sportsnet. Im thinking he prob played about 8 mins last night. I did notice him out there on 1 goal in which he probably should of laid the cross check into Sonne but that just comes with experience.

Also is there any word on Leffler yet???