PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Bee Redhead Gets 1st Star

Speedy Broncs
02-27-2009, 11:05 PM
was just checking out keener's blog and noticed these words from Jordie Wudrick after the Pats game:
"""I want to know this Keener, in your honest opinion if I dye my hair orange will I a) get more three star selections and b) be a fan favorite?" - Wudrick in our post-game show after being left out of the three star selection at the end of the night. Cody Eakin (redhead) was awarded third star in the building."""

Wow - and he wonders why people question him!!? Then he gets 1st star tonight? Hearing people around me, he would have to do alot more than dye his hair red to become a fan favorite.

Just interesting to note, that's all ... good game tonight boys! Nice effort by the kid line again (Vause, Wagner, Peddle) who forced lots of turnovers with their forecheck. Claffey - nice winner and strong in your own end.

Flathead
02-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Woody has turned up his game a lot lately and does deserve more credit than he gets lately. And I'm only guessing cause I didn't hear the quote or hear anything from Geordie, but he was probally giving Keener a hard time.
Claffey tonight was very good and needed to be after some rather poor games. Way to go Claffey.

Speedy Broncs
02-27-2009, 11:43 PM
yeah i agree he has picked his game up as of late .. but life lessons happen all the time - watch what you say, it can come back and bite you in the a**

Toswammi
02-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Woody has turned up his game a lot lately and does deserve more credit than he gets lately. And I'm only guessing cause I didn't hear the quote or hear anything from Geordie, but he was probally giving Keener a hard time.
Claffey tonight was very good and needed to be after some rather poor games. Way to go Claffey.
Yeah i caught that on the radio, more ribbing of Keen than anything else. Also noticed after being announced as the star he sent a wave towards the visiting bench (at Keen perhaps?)

dubfan
02-28-2009, 01:07 AM
I think it was all in fun with Jon after a good team win, the team is a close knit group this year.

speedyfan3
03-02-2009, 09:20 PM
I have read this website regularly and have yet to post, but feel compelled to this time. There is no doubt that there are favorites amongst the media for every team, and Swift is no different, it does not take a rocket scientist to identify this. In Swift there is a strong emphasis put on Eakin, he is a great player, but alot of others are often over looked in the process. Dowling, Wudrick, Vause have had great second halves of the season. Eakin is playing his usual good game. The team seems to be playing really well lately and I think that comes down to the team as a whole, not one player individually. I think Geordie was only 'ribbing' Keener. I heard the comment and found it rather comical...and had some truth to it.