PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Junk Food

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-18-2005, 07:49 PM
I was eating the new dillisious Dorirtos chips and watching Corner Gas and that gave me an idea for a thread. I was interested in hearing what flavor of chips and pop does everyone like to chow down on, when they get a craving or whenever. Personally I like the Dutch Crunch Mesquite Barbeque chips and Dr.Pepper or Brisk Lemon Iced tea to wash it all down.

smackitsakic
04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
It depends on the day but how about BBQ chips and a root beer? :clap:

mccabe23
04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Dr. Pepper & Pork Rinds! Oh yeah!!!! Can you say HEART ATTACK?!?!?! :thumb:

LifelongChiefsFan
04-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Gotta go with Tim's Jalapeņo potato chips, got a bag of those at the post office and been hooked on them since. Any soda works for me, any drink really, i think I even have some blueberry juice somewhere in my fridge. :cool:

kelownakarl
04-18-2005, 11:26 PM
How about some beef jerky?

mccabe23
04-18-2005, 11:38 PM
How about some beef jerky?

Jerky as a snack??? No way! It's a meal! :laugh:

HAF
04-19-2005, 06:50 AM
I have my smoker going almost all the time so I guess I have to agree with the jerky thing.I have an endless supply of beef and I also smoke a lot of salmon and trout. Nothing tastes better with jerky and smoked fish then a good old fashioned Cherry Coke... Although Kokanee does pretty well too.
Doritos and salsa would also have to be on my list as well as Little Debbie's oatmeal cookie sandwiches....

Toswammi
04-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Give my some Jalapeno chips or baked lays with a side of popcorn and yeah some jerkey as an appetizer, with a picture of that Fruit Punch C-Plus.

Kristi
04-19-2005, 11:06 AM
This is a bad question! LOL! Do I have to pick just one thing? I can't even begin to list everything I like!

Altough if any of you nice canadians would like to send me chocolate that would be SUPER! :) Ha ha!

Kristi

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-20-2005, 03:14 PM
This is a bad question! LOL! Do I have to pick just one thing? I can't even begin to list everything I like!
Kristi

You can list all of your favorites if you want too.

Sput
04-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Has to be Doritos, either zesty cheese or nacho, with a regular Coke to wash it down. If the sweet tooth needs attention, its either dark chocolate, or home make fudge. Beef jerky is OK, but moose jerky is best with a side of soft smoked salmon. :thumb:

LifelongChiefsFan
04-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Speaking of jerky, someone brought some homemade deer jerky to work one time, and it was the best jerky I've ever had.

AlbertaBeef
04-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Mexican Chili Chips???!!! They were the best invention ever made and old dutch made a big mistake discontinueing them! I used to love them dipped in coke slush! They were the greatest thing in the world!!

Jew Panda
04-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Ruffles All Dressed Potato Chips. Buy them from Costco, as they come in 50,000 KG bags. :]

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-24-2005, 02:09 PM
That Oberto hickory smoked beef jerky is very good

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-25-2005, 08:17 PM
I really love Strawberry-Ruhbarb pie with Ice Cream, it is one of my favorites :thumb:

Rebels_chick
04-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Ruffles All Dressed Potato Chips. Buy them from Costco, as they come in 50,000 KG bags. :]

That has to be the best! Jerky is great, we get deer made into that frequently.
Cadbury Cream Eggs at Easter has to be the greatest candy ever!

Blades 4 Life!
10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
i like a cheeseburger

LifelongChiefsFan
10-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Talk about digging up a thread from the abyss, lol

SeventhHeaven4U
10-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Maybe we can turn this into the junk food you love/hate to eat at the game.

I'll start off.... Pretzels are my fave no matter what sport I'm watching. Big salty pretzels, can't get enough of them! Licorice (black is the best but most places don't have it) gotta have something to chew on when things get tense!

GF71
10-17-2006, 10:35 AM
You gotta love the gut bombs at the PC :dead:

Carebear
10-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Dr. Pepper & Old Dutch Jalapeno & Cheddar....mmmmmm.

k now I have the craving...thanks a lot!

ihlemic10
10-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Gotta love the fast break candy bars. Thats my weakness.

SeventhHeaven4U
10-17-2006, 11:52 AM
You gotta love the gut bombs at the PC :dead:

Gut bombs eh? Care to elaborate for us non PC attendees? :)

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
10-17-2006, 04:27 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE and Bleed Bue 4Life! know that i loooooooooooooove to eat at Blades games haha, I think at the last one i went to i had 3 large fries, 2 Burgers one pepsi and one large slush.....ya i like to eat, but come on huys everyone who has been to a Blade game knows those fries are the shiznit, they are awsome and addicting and whats the price $2.75 for large fries i loose alot of money at Blade games haha.

GF71
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Gut bombs eh? Care to elaborate for us non PC attendees? :)

Hotdogs...guarunteed to destroy your gut. Only the bravest dare try one.

HAF
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM
The Toyota Center has a booth that sells Mexican food. They make the best nachos. Everything on them. Beef, onions peppers, tomatos salsa, 3 cheeses, guacomole and sour cream!!! My wife makes me sleep on the couch after a nacho night at the ol' hockey barn. Honerable mention has to go to the Pizza hut booth. Gotta love those personal combo pizzas and breadsticks.

old_time_hockey
10-17-2006, 04:49 PM

Indeed. I especially love the smokies that when you bite, you have bite hard, and twist trying to get the casing to break.

Best to stick with the beef dip.

My favorite junkfood dates back to my time living in residance at BCIT.

Cream soda slurpee, bag of smarties and twizzlers.

Rebels30
10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
The Centrium has got to have the best soft ice cream(twist) (when the machines are working) ... i've got to have one almost every game haha :D

GF71
10-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Best to stick with the beef dip.

Good call, but only the beef dips down stairs...they cut the meat to order. However if you get a beef dip from the North End concession...(you know, the one that smells like they haven't changed the grease in the fryers since the Canucks played there?) You are in for trouble...luke warm and dry. But the au jus is usually scallding hot. :spineyes:

In fact if you don't want one of the white sopt burgers that all the out of towners seem to die for, the only way to go is eating downstairs.

rinkrat
10-17-2006, 08:04 PM

Yup,I'll second that!

The EEC (in Everett) has these things called "Shishkaberries" my kids love them.
Frozen strawberries on a skewer dipped in chocolate. :thumb:

old_time_hockey
10-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Good call, but only the beef dips down stairs...they cut the meat to order. However if you get a beef dip from the North End concession...(you know, the one that smells like they haven't changed the grease in the fryers since the Canucks played there?) You are in for trouble...luke warm and dry. But the au jus is usually scallding hot. :spineyes:

In fact if you don't want one of the white sopt burgers that all the out of towners seem to die for, the only way to go is eating downstairs.

Is it open down there? Everytime I want to go there on a busy night for a beer the stairs are ropped off.

11-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Well id have to say my most frequent snack is Lays dill pickel chips, other than that I like to wash that down with some Coke or an ice cold Koolaid.

Flathead
11-04-2006, 02:45 PM

Altough if any of you nice canadians would like to send me chocolate that would be SUPER! :) Ha ha!

Kristi
That's funny, I have some Aussie friends that come over now and then and before they leave they load up on Mr.Big chocolate bars.

Flathead
11-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Speaking of jerky, someone brought some homemade deer jerky to work one time, and it was the best jerky I've ever had.
My old roomate turned a whole deer into jerky, we had a whole deep freeze of homemade deer jerky, it was awesome!!!

11-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Wow thats weird, me and some people are in the midst of making allllloot of deer jerky that we killed a while back and he is talking abotu turning the whole deer into jerky haha (of course a joke)

smileyjones
11-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Funny comment about Jerky being a meal. I work as a travelling sales rep so yeah, lots of times it's a bag of Jerky for lunch. Jack Link's Turkey Jerky is new out and it's pretty tasty.

Favorite Chips are Lay's All Dressed or Old Dutch BBQ. I usually wash it down with a coke, but an old favorite is the flourescent green Lime Crush.

I'm with whoever commented on the loss of the Old Dutch Mexican Chili Chips. Doritos Sonic Sour Cream are another discontinued favorite.

Who the hell am I kidding. If it's Junk Food there's a good chance I'll eat and enjoy it.

Blades 4 Life!
11-05-2006, 10:14 AM
there is 2 snacks that i miss because of them being discontiuned.... pepsi blue and rave chicago pizza chips, those were so good.

at the last couple of games i always get a large coke and a bag of carmel popcorn, those are really good

HAF
11-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Pudding Pops, Bill Cosby,what the hell did you do with all of the pudding pops??? I used to love those things. You never see them anymore though... I used to base entire meals off the pudding pop when I was in college.

WHEATMAN
11-05-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm a sucker for anything chocolate. Especially Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I love those things!