PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Weal should be Top Rookie

Toe Drag
03-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Great work ethic, on and off the ice. Facts are regardless of size is that he has put up great numbers. Works hard at both ends of the ice. he has my vote for Rookie of the year for the WHL

dagley
03-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Id put him in a categlory with Tochkin from Everett and probably Gallimore from Saskatoon

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Weal is without a doubt a special player, but I would probably give the award to Connolly from PG. This kid puts up similar totals, and has a more well rounded game. He also doesnt get to play with guys as talented as Eberle.

Not meant as a slight against Weal though. I'd still pick Weal as the top 16 year old in the East. This award doesnt mean that much anyways. Eberle got snubbed in favour of now-teammate and OA Matt Robertson, and its obvious which player is better.

patsdude114
03-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I dont full agree with the way the Top Rookie is done... I think the award should be changed to the Top 16 yr old rookie.... jsut as SAJ said for example Eberle was 2 yrs younger then Robertson was (which ultimately means he was a strong kid at the time) Eberle is 10 times the player Robertson is now & still 2 yrs younger....

There are some really good 16 yr olds in this league, and to be honest i dont think Weal is the top 16 yr old either. I guess id rather see the Rookie of the Year go to a 16 yr old player.