PDA

View Full Version : Game 70-Hitmen 4 at Giants 0

Hitmen1
03-06-2009, 12:11 PM
It is the 2nd meeting of the year and the battle of the two best teams in the league. The Giants are looking to stick it to the Hitmen who won the first meeting 6-3 in the Dome. I hope the Hitmen are ready to get back to the hard work that makes them successful. The game will start online only but the fan 960 will join the game in progress after the Flames coverage but it is on Shaw TV tonight. I am really looking forward to this game. The Hitmen must win this game if they want first overall, even if they win this game, first overall is in the Giants hands. GO HITMEN!

Preview (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/news/gameday.html)

Allin44
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Please Win

Signed Wheat King Fans

DunnerStunner
03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Sure would be nice to be at the Pacific Coliseum tonight!, although i will be at home on my couch tuning into the annoying Shaw broadcast crew on the big screen.

I honestly believe that the Giants will not win the western conference this spring. They will have to get by 3 tough teams to do so in Tri-City, Spokane and Kelowna.

As for the Hitmen, we all know that Saskatoon will be a heck of a matchup for the Eastern Conference final ( if both clubs make it that far, fingers crossed for the Hitmen). I believe Brandon, Med Hat and even Lethbridge could give anyone trouble.

Anywho back to tonights matchup, Lets Go Hitmen!

hitmanfan
03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
WHOOOO HOOOO! Nice make up game after the disappointment in Kamloops.

Hitmen1
03-06-2009, 11:53 PM
What a great game by the Hitmen. The power play was clicking on all cylinders as it produced all 4 goals tonight. Marty wasn't tested with many top notch chances but he was solid. 4 points up on the Giants, who have 3 games in hand.

DunnerStunner
03-07-2009, 08:35 AM
From the words of Brad Curle, Saweeet Victory for the Calgary Hitmen.

Im so proud of these young men, way to battle boys :p

dondo
03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I was very disappointed in the level of officiating in that game. I felt the same things were happening on both sides of the puck, but were being called only one way and the calls being made were marginal at best. Ruined the whole flow of the game imnsho.

That was a huge shame, because watching the first ten minutes of the game was playoff level hockey, intensity, battle and great players on both sides not backing down.

The Hitmen are a great team and they won that game well working their PP to near perfection. I'm still hoping these two teams find their way into the WHL final. clrkth