PDA

View Full Version : what? no comments on the Plouffe poof?

dondo
03-06-2009, 12:52 PM
come-on guys it sucks, but that had to be the most amazing chain of misfortunes to put a puck in the net I have ever seen. Crazy stuff. I'm just happy that that goal didn't determine the game although it did give us a leg up at time when we were leading 1-0.

I hope the Ams fans can take it for what it was -- a big brain fart that has become a highlight blooper reel staple for years to come. Certainly the craziest goal I have ever seen live.

you just have to laugh I did. :laugh:

Pete76
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
come-on guys it sucks, but that had to be the most amazing chain of misfortunes to put a puck in the net I have ever seen. Crazy stuff. I'm just happy that that goal didn't determine the game although it did give us a leg up at time when we were leading 1-0.

I hope the Ams fans can take it for what it was -- a big brain fart that has become a highlight blooper reel staple for years to come. Certainly the craziest goal I have ever seen live.

you just have to laugh I did. :laugh:

Dondo ... you got a link?

dondo
03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
looked on you-tube didn't see it, but I'll try again

aaAlta
03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
It was a classic. And the camera angle, being on Sportsnet was really good. Watching the broadcast they replayed it in slow mo at least 10 times. Which wasnt too much. Even for me a tri fan. It was like a good movie that every time you watch it, you see something new.

But I also appreciated someone posting here that later they observed Plouffe and Mac on the bench having a laugh. Might as well. It was good to hear in view of the initial reaction.

amsfan05
03-06-2009, 02:05 PM
i just watched the replay of the game on whltv so i could see the goal. that honestly isn't the craziest goal i've seen, well that goal took a lot more "accidents" to lead up to it. but i remember last year there was a crazy goal pickard put in.

dont remember who it was against, but someone dumped the puck in to go get a change. the puck was coming in about waist high and 3 feet wide of the net, so pickard though it'd be a good idea to try and play the puck to slow it down. he ended up getting a piece of it with the blade of his stick, the puck decided to roll down pickard's stick, off his body and into the net. that was crazy to see as well. almost as bad as that goal between spokane and portland a few years back that went of the end glass, off the goalies back and in.

dondo
03-06-2009, 02:26 PM
if anyone has that copied onto video I'd love to have it -- and someone has to upload it to you-tube.. its just too good.

yeah amsfan05 hockey has had some odd goals over the years, but for me, live at least, that the oddest one. The only regret is that it didn't happen at my end of the ice. :thumb:

Funny thing was is pretty much everyone in the stands were feeling pretty heavily for the boys. Not too many people celebrating the goal other than the initial red light going on thing. No high-fives at my end of the rink at least. The whole atmosphere was one of stunned awe and then uproarious laughter as Sportsnet gave their feed to building and showed all the angles they had of the goal on the scoreboard screen.

SectionNDeserter
03-06-2009, 04:58 PM
come-on guys it sucks, but that had to be the most amazing chain of misfortunes to put a puck in the net I have ever seen. Crazy stuff.I thought the goal had a lot more to do with Plouffe's defensive partner standing in his own crease for some incomprehensible reason as Plouffe was starting to break out of the zone. I think he was even facing either towards the goalie, or towards Plouffe when he cut across the front of the net with the puck. Was he defending the net from something?

dondo
03-06-2009, 06:45 PM
^ nope -- that's kind of what makes this goal so weird, about four things had to go wrong in the right way for the Giants in that game to get that goal.

Also that game the Giants had some pretty fine puck luck, both ways.. a few Ams breaks were fumbled or they could have been in the net. I'm hoping they can ride that karma one more time against Calgary.

game's on Shaw tonight for those of you interested or have access. Even if you aren't a Giants or Hitmen fan it should be good hockey.